Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #526
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post

I was writing the same
Haha quick someone yell jinx!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #527
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySueto4 View Post
So, first time posting here although I have been lurking for a long time! My family of 6 (2 adt, 2 kids, 2 juniors) have been booked at AS Music in a family suite August 30 - Sep 7 and all our ADRs have been booked since 180 days out. Of course we want to take advantage of the free dining as it would save us quite a bit of money. We were thinking of either doing the room only rez for the first 3 nights and then switching to the package for the last 5, OR staying the first 3 nights still on the MYW pacakge at AS Music and then booking a new rez for the last 5 nigths for the Ft Wilderness cabins which would include the DDP without having to upgrade from the QSP like we would if we stayed at the AS Music ... any thoughts. How awful would it be to have to change resorts? How does your luggage get moved if we have no car? How do the tickets work -- would we get 2 separate cards and/or wristbands ... which is the least hassle and/or the most cost effective. Argghhh Thanks for your help!
Please be careful about picking up passes early! It is true that as of today, you are able to pick up package passes up to 3 days early at GR, but no one knows how the new Magic Bands are going to work once that program is rolled out. It is possible that you might not be able to use your passes until your package officially begins. Good luck planning your vacation!

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #528
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post

Please be careful about picking up passes early! It is true that as of today, you are able to pick up package passes up to 3 days early at GR, but no one knows how the new Magic Bands are going to work once that program is rolled out. It is possible that you might not be able to use your passes until your package officially begins. Good luck planning your vacation!
Why would picking up the bands be any different from picking up your card or paper tickets? Just curious, as the ticket guru over on the Themeparks board said he hasn't heard anything about this policy changing with the introduction of the bands. What would be the basis for denying the park tickets that would possible be loaded on to a wristband, as opposed to the KYYW card?
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #529
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Why would picking up the bands be any different from picking up your card or paper tickets? Just curious, as the ticket guru over on the Themeparks board said he hasn't heard anything about this policy changing with the introduction of the bands. What would be the basis for denying the park tickets that would possible be loaded on to a wristband, as opposed to the KYYW card?
I agree with the pp we do not know how these magic bands will work and how packages will be affected and they were just letting others know that it may or may not affect their stay. The "guru" as you call the other person, unless he or she is a cast member that is working on these new bands is just guessing like the rest of us
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #530
WDW1979

Only Sep 2 to 25? I was hoping for end of August. At least I'm happy for those who were hoping for September.

If this is the extent of free dining, I may be looking at waiting until the winter to enjoy the contrast between the cold winter where I live and the relatively warm winter at Disney. Free dining is the best way to draw me to WDW in the summer when the weather is already great at home.

Thanks for the info, Danny25.
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
WDW1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #531
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post
I agree with the pp we do not know how these magic bands will work and how packages will be affected and they were just letting others know that it may or may not affect their stay. The "guru" as you call the other person, unless he or she is a cast member that is working on these new bands is just guessing like the rest of us
That "guru" is Cheshire Figment, and he is a current ticket CM and the author of the ticket sticky on the TP&S forum here.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #532
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i thought you could no longer pick up tickets early? I know it used to be 3 days but last time I called and inquired I was told no
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #533
kreckl
Mouseketeer

AAA and free dining

Playing a little catch-up...
Someone said they booked through AAA and asked if they needed to call them and add free dining...people said yes?
So it's possible to book with a AAA discount AND get free dining? I thought it had to be through Disney and want to be sure.
Also, does anybody know how many days you can get tickets for? Tx!
kreckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #534
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i thought you could no longer pick up tickets early? I know it used to be 3 days but last time I called and inquired I was told no
The phone CMs don't know the ins and outs of ticketing. It is still a common practice. The info is in the ticket sticky in post #15 section I.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #535
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreckl View Post
Playing a little catch-up...
Someone said they booked through AAA and asked if they needed to call them and add free dining...people said yes?
So it's possible to book with a AAA discount AND get free dining? I thought it had to be through Disney and want to be sure.
Also, does anybody know how many days you can get tickets for? Tx!
AAA is a travel agency, so they can book your package for you. You do not get a AAA discount in addition to free dining. You would only get free dining. Minimum 2 day ticket for everyone in the room 3 ages and up (maximum number of days on a ticket is always 10).
Old 04-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #536
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy99 View Post

It is a cast member, it's ChesireFigment.

Also, I'm trying to clarify actual info or are others just assuming this long standing policy will change simply with the introduction of the bands?
Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #537
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You are probably correct, but a person would be taking a risk to assume this unless there was some official word on how the wristbands will work

trixiemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #538
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
Because the call center agents don't know what they are talking about. It's up to the guest relations CMs at the parks and Downtown Disney to release the WDW resort package tickets early and as late as the last FD offer in December, they were still allowing this practice.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #539
tonyolily
Luv 2 Lurk

Arrow Disney Visa? Danny? Black??

Please forgive me if this has already been asked - this is a long thread!!

Any news if this will be released a couple of days earlier to Disney Visa cardholders as it has been in previous years??

Me DH DS-19 DS-12 DD-2

tonyolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #540
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post

You are probably correct, but a person would be taking a risk to assume this unless there was some official word on how the wristbands will work
It's not exactly an advertised practice now, most people in the general public don't even know it is an option. I highly doubt the introduction of the bands is going to make them announce this practice as policy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: