Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #511
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post
We are flying out of a small civil airport in Wilmington DE. flying with Frontier ... They pulled out of Philly and are trying to establish service for Philadelphia travelers with smaller airports. They have been successful in Trenton. They start flying out of Wilmington in July and we were able to get the initial promo rates which were about 59$ best I could find out of Philly was $114 with southwest, so this saved us a significant amount!!

While the promo fairs are gone, They are still offering great deals, so if you are near Wilmington, definitely check it out. They only fly 2x per week, so it has to 'fit' your schedule, but for us. Flying Tuesday - Tuesday it's perfect. They fly the route once on Tuesday and once on Saturday.

Hope you score an awesome deal too! Good luck!
Do you have backup plans? I had heard that one of the major issues is that if the flight is cancelled, its cancelled.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #512
HappyWife05
Earning My Ears

I am sorry if this was already asked...it's really hard to keep up with everyone's post. lol

How early can I call on May 9th to add Free Dining to our package? Is there a certain time they will open the phone lines?
HappyWife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #513
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWife05 View Post
I am sorry if this was already asked...it's really hard to keep up with everyone's post. lol

How early can I call on May 9th to add Free Dining to our package? Is there a certain time they will open the phone lines?
7am
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #514
HappyWife05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
7am
Awesome!! Can't wait!
HappyWife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #515
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post

TERRIFIC airfare!!!! WHere are you leaving from(airport??) ?
Wilmintgon, DE (ILG) see above for more details .... Just replied to someone else
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #516
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWife05 View Post

7 am EST
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #517
closetmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
Was beyond excited when I saw free dining but my bubble burst when I saw the dates...There is no way we can check in before Sept.28th. That's the start of our fall break and my oldest is in high school and has finals that she can't miss. Just will have to hope and pray they will extend the dates. Free dining saves us so much money, I'm not sure we can even go without it. A room discount doesn't even come close to what we would save with free dining. Congrats to all who it helped!
This is probably an odd suggestion, but.....
If you are just off by a day, or so, might part of the family be able to go earlier to check in for FD? or would travel changes/logistics negate the savings? Just a thought....

4/14- 7nt Eastern on the FANTASY! 11/13- Weekend at DLR and stay at Disneyland Hotel
8/13- CR at WDW/ 4nt Cruise on DREAM! 6/12- Poly/POR Split Stay at WDW
8/11- DLR and stay at Grand Californian 1/11- 2 night Cruise to Nowhere on WONDER
10/10- DLR/ Mickey's Halloween Party and stay at Paradise Pier
2/10- WDW and a Week stay at the AKL 2/10- 4 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
6/09- DLR- Stay at Paradise Pier 4/09- DLR/ Club 33- Stay at Disneyland Hotel
10/08- Halloween Party at DCA 3/08- 3 Night Bahamas Cruise on DCL WONDER
2/08- WDW and stay at The Beach Club 10/07- Halloween Party at DCA and stay at GCH
Other trips to DLR- too many to count since 1969
closetmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #518
rsbh00
Earning My Ears

I have been waiting to hear if there would be free dining or not for awhile now. Thank you so much for this info! This is our 1st trip to WDW and our original plans were from Aug. 31-Sept 7 but our dates are flexible so we are changing them to Sept. 2-8th. We have even thought about changing them to Sept 14-21 but still debating because then the kids will miss 5 days instead of 4 from school.
rsbh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #519
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post

Do you have backup plans? I had heard that one of the major issues is that if the flight is cancelled, its cancelled.
No .... But we figured at those rates it was worth the risk. We have friends who have used Frontier on a similar route out of Trenton multiple times with no trouble. Of course, we are aware of the possibility, but are also confident enough to have booked. Lets hope we're right! I
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #520
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySueto4 View Post
So, first time posting here although I have been lurking for a long time! My family of 6 (2 adt, 2 kids, 2 juniors) have been booked at AS Music in a family suite August 30 - Sep 7 and all our ADRs have been booked since 180 days out. Of course we want to take advantage of the free dining as it would save us quite a bit of money. We were thinking of either doing the room only rez for the first 3 nights and then switching to the package for the last 5, OR staying the first 3 nights still on the MYW pacakge at AS Music and then booking a new rez for the last 5 nigths for the Ft Wilderness cabins which would include the DDP without having to upgrade from the QSP like we would if we stayed at the AS Music ... any thoughts. How awful would it be to have to change resorts? How does your luggage get moved if we have no car? How do the tickets work -- would we get 2 separate cards and/or wristbands ... which is the least hassle and/or the most cost effective. Argghhh Thanks for your help!
Your cheapest and easiest route will probably be to book 2 connecting rooms at value resort and book your first 3 nights as room only and then re-check in on your 4th night. You can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early at Downtown Disney or any of the guest relations at any of the parks. There's ways a possibility you would have to change rooms and they would move your luggage for you, but they will most likely keep you in your room. Even with having to pay the upgrade at the value, you are still going to come out ahead from staying at the cabins, plus you will have more room and a 2nd bathroom. Plus I find the cabins way overpriced for what they are.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-25-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #521
fstone
Earning My Ears

I am very excited to see this information! Again, thanks to Danny and Black for keeping us informed. I have a question. I'm new to the free dining promo and I think I've seen what the TS meal plan is, but would like to know what the QS meal plan includes. We want to compare the costs between a stay at Pop and a stay at the Poly.

Disneyland - DH had many visits while growing up in nearby La Palma CA.
WDW - June 1982 offsite (honeymoon side trip from Sanibel, Fl)
WDW - May 1983 offsite (Epcot was brand new!)
WDW - May 1998 Port Orleans (Animal Kingdom was brand new!)
Disnleyland/California Adventure - April 2001 offsite (California Adventure was brand new!)
WDW - March 2003 offsite
WDW - Feb 2013 Pop Century (first trip for hubby and I as empty nesters)
Hoping for another trip early 2014
fstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #522
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstone View Post
I am very excited to see this information! Again, thanks to Danny and Black for keeping us informed. I have a question. I'm new to the free dining promo and I think I've seen what the TS meal plan is, but would like to know what the QS meal plan includes. We want to compare the costs between a stay at Pop and a stay at the Poly.
Regular DDP is 1 table service credit, 1 quick service credit and 1 snack credit and 1 refillable resort mug per night, per person

Quick Service DDP is 2 quick service credits and 1 snack per person, per night and 1 refillable resort mug per person, per night.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-25-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #523
Taylor'sMom
Wish I was there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Regular DDP is 1 table service credit, 1 quick service credit and 1 snack per person, per night

Quick Service DDP is 2 quick service credits and 1 snack per person, per night.
and both include a refillable mug per person, for use at your resort
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #524
danny25
I love Disney and I´m friend of STICH

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Regular DDP is 1 table service credit, 1 quick service credit and 1 snack per person, per night

Quick Service DDP is 2 quick service credits and 1 snack per person, per night.
and both of them include a Refilable mug
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #525
danny25
I love Disney and I´m friend of STICH

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor'sMom View Post
and both include a refillable mug per person, for use at your resort
I was writing the same
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread