Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #496
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
It's just the difference between the 2 plans. About $18 per night, per adult and about $3 per child, per night.

And yes you would qualify for the 6 months no interest.
Thanks for the reply.

We are currently booked with a bounceback room only at Pop. Per my calculations the package would cost me $157 more for quick service or $337 for regular dining. Either way i think i come out ahead vs paying OOP for food.

I also assume my best bet is to book the package online and then call back after the frenzy and cancels my bounceback, correct?

bgenew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #497
sd83102
Earning My Ears

Thankful I found this board and can see when discounts are going to come out. We are booked for September 28-October 5 at POR Royal Room and all are meals are booked. My girls are on fall break that week and are dates are not flexible. We are coming regardless of discounts, but was really hoping for a Free Dining deal or Room Discount based on what I've read in the past. This is our first time going in the fall. keeping my fingers crossed that something will be released for that week. congrats to all who qualified for free dining.

sd83102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #498
Courtney829
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post
Zip a dee do dah! Zip a dee aey...my oh my what a WONDERFUL day!!! : I have been doing this every since I first heard this great news!!! I had just crunched the numbers last night...as a family of 5 where 2 of our 3 kids are now adults, I wasn't sure how everything would shake out...I calculated out how much we would pay out of pocket for our meals if we did not purchase the plan (as we don't typically eat as much as the plan includes, and our 11 and 12 year old certainly would not order an adult meal all of the time . . . ) and while the estimated cost for us is signifcantly less than the actual cost of the plan....including tips....I wasn't sure how it would work out. But, when I "guestimated" a 20% discount at POR as that tends to be what they offer, the "Free Dining" at a total discount of -$1676.76 for our family is definately the better deal.

The stars have all aligned for us this year...we scored $576 round trip airfare....for ALL FIVE of us from the Philadelphia area!!!! Hope the weather cooperates too.

Yahooo!!!! Wishing all of you equally bountiful savings!!!
How on earth did you get such low airfare?! I've been looking at flying out of Philly vs driving and have resigned myself to driving as it's just so much more expensive to fly. I'm jealous of your plane tickets.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #499
mcurran
Off to neverland!

Just to clarify...
I know you can't stack discounts (free dining and room discount)... does that mean that if I apply a FD to my reservation that I can't get the seasonally adjusted room rate? I'm assuming that I can, since I think stacking generally refers to stacking a FD discount and a %off discount above and beyond the seasonally adjusted rates but just don't want to be surprised when I call to adjust my reservation and have to do math on the fly...
mcurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #500
Ryan T.
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurran View Post
Just to clarify...
I know you can't stack discounts (free dining and room discount)... does that mean that if I apply a FD to my reservation that I can't get the seasonally adjusted room rate? I'm assuming that I can, since I think stacking generally refers to stacking a FD discount and a %off discount above and beyond the seasonally adjusted rates but just don't want to be surprised when I call to adjust my reservation and have to do math on the fly...
You pay rack rate for whatever season you're in, so yes, you'll get value rates if you book for September.
Ryan T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #501
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurran View Post
Just to clarify...
No, you would get rack rate for whatever time of year it is (as you state seasonally adjusted), just no further amount off the room.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #502
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Quote:
Each resort will be allotted a certain number of free dining rooms under the promo. For example, lets say, Pop Century has 100 standard rooms available for the FD promo. If you call the first day the discount is available you will most likely have no issue booking or adding the discount to an existing reservation. But lets say you call 2 weeks later and they say they are sold out of standard rooms, they may have availability in a preferred room, but those could be booked up too and you may have to change resorts for availability. You can also have them check different check in or check out dates to look for availability, if your original dates are sold out.
Thanks! I am hoping for a LM room if available with the promo, so I expect that if they are actually offered, the promo rooms will sell out quickly.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #503
mcurran
Off to neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
No, you would get rack rate for whatever time of year it is (as you state seasonally adjusted), just no further amount off the room.
Thanks Ryan T and Vicki C for verifying! Cheers!
mcurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #504
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post

Thanks! I am hoping for a LM room if available with the promo, so I expect that if they are actually offered, the promo rooms will sell out quickly.
I'm still skeptical about those rooms being included, if they are, I would assume they are very limited and will sell out very fast. Just have a back up resort or room category :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #505
pjew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There usually is. Every single year everyone frets and frets about free dining and worries nothin will come out - and then it does :-)
Thanks so much!!!
Nov. 15- Nov.25, 2013 [/FONT]
pjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #506
wiggles
Mouseketeer

Was beyond excited when I saw free dining but my bubble burst when I saw the dates...There is no way we can check in before Sept.28th. That's the start of our fall break and my oldest is in high school and has finals that she can't miss. Just will have to hope and pray they will extend the dates. Free dining saves us so much money, I'm not sure we can even go without it. A room discount doesn't even come close to what we would save with free dining. Congrats to all who it helped!
2006 Disney Magic & MNSSHP
2007 Disney Magic DH & I alone
2008 POP
2009 POP
2011 POP
2012 POP
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #507
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
Was beyond excited when I saw free dining but my bubble burst when I saw the dates...There is no way we can check in before Sept.28th. That's the start of our fall break and my oldest is in high school and has finals that she can't miss. Just will have to hope and pray they will extend the dates. Free dining saves us so much money, I'm not sure we can even go without it. A room discount doesn't even come close to what we would save with free dining. Congrats to all who it helped!
I'm assuming you have a non traditional school year or I think what some call balanced. Else why would you have final in September.

But anyway I wonder if more school districts adopt these calendars, how will affect Disney Touring.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #508
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney829 View Post

How on earth did you get such low airfare?! I've been looking at flying out of Philly vs driving and have resigned myself to driving as it's just so much more expensive to fly. I'm jealous of your plane tickets.
We are flying out of a small civil airport in Wilmington DE. flying with Frontier ... They pulled out of Philly and are trying to establish service for Philadelphia travelers with smaller airports. They have been successful in Trenton. They start flying out of Wilmington in July and we were able to get the initial promo rates which were about 59$ best I could find out of Philly was $114 with southwest, so this saved us a significant amount!!

While the promo fairs are gone, They are still offering great deals, so if you are near Wilmington, definitely check it out. They only fly 2x per week, so it has to 'fit' your schedule, but for us. Flying Tuesday - Tuesday it's perfect. They fly the route once on Tuesday and once on Saturday.

Hope you score an awesome deal too! Good luck!
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #509
MommySueto4
Earning My Ears

Question

So, first time posting here although I have been lurking for a long time! My family of 6 (2 adt, 2 kids, 2 juniors) have been booked at AS Music in a family suite August 30 - Sep 7 and all our ADRs have been booked since 180 days out. Of course we want to take advantage of the free dining as it would save us quite a bit of money. We were thinking of either doing the room only rez for the first 3 nights and then switching to the package for the last 5, OR staying the first 3 nights still on the MYW pacakge at AS Music and then booking a new rez for the last 5 nigths for the Ft Wilderness cabins which would include the DDP without having to upgrade from the QSP like we would if we stayed at the AS Music ... any thoughts. How awful would it be to have to change resorts? How does your luggage get moved if we have no car? How do the tickets work -- would we get 2 separate cards and/or wristbands ... which is the least hassle and/or the most cost effective. Argghhh Thanks for your help!
MommySueto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #510
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom View Post
Zip a dee do dah! Zip a dee aey...my oh my what a WONDERFUL day!!! : I have been doing this every since I first heard this great news!!! I had just crunched the numbers last night...as a family of 5 where 2 of our 3 kids are now adults, I wasn't sure how everything would shake out...I calculated out how much we would pay out of pocket for our meals if we did not purchase the plan (as we don't typically eat as much as the plan includes, and our 11 and 12 year old certainly would not order an adult meal all of the time . . . ) and while the estimated cost for us is signifcantly less than the actual cost of the plan....including tips....I wasn't sure how it would work out. But, when I "guestimated" a 20% discount at POR as that tends to be what they offer, the "Free Dining" at a total discount of -$1676.76 for our family is definately the better deal.

The stars have all aligned for us this year...we scored $576 round trip airfare....for ALL FIVE of us from the Philadelphia area!!!! Hope the weather cooperates too.

Yahooo!!!! Wishing all of you equally bountiful savings!!!
TERRIFIC airfare!!!! WHere are you leaving from(airport??) ?
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: