Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #481
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

ANY chance at all they will include the last week in August? I am going Aug 25/30 and I really wanted free dining. It will such a huge disappointment if they dont do it for that week.. I just have to wait and see. Thanks for all the info
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #482
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushiekitty View Post
Any idea what this will do to crowd levels? Specifically Sept 14- 21?
The same it's done to them the last 9 years, not much - it's one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #483
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmom0703 View Post
ANY chance at all they will include the last week in August? I am going Aug 25/30 and I really wanted free dining. It will such a huge disappointment if they dont do it for that week.. I just have to wait and see. Thanks for all the info
No, not at this point.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #484
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The same it's done to them the last 9 years, not much - it's one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year.
that was going to be my response too!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #485
IamBelle
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much Danny and Black And everyone else who is so helpful here! We are finally going back to WDW We have not been since 2009. It will be my 3 yo DD's first trip!! My 2 older are now Disney adults so free dining will help us out so much. We will be there from Sept. 14-20. Hope to see some of you there!!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #486
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

hoping for FD in November also, but will not keep us from going!

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #487
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
Thank you so much Danny and Black And everyone else who is so helpful here! We are finally going back to WDW We have not been since 2009. It will be my 3 yo DD's first trip!! My 2 older are now Disney adults so free dining will help us out so much. We will be there from Sept. 14-20. Hope to see some of you there!!
Cool, Belle. My daughter, son-in-law & my granddaughter will be there Sep 12 - 20. Granddaughter's birthday is Sep 14, & we already have an apptmt for her at Bibbity Bobbity Boutique for that day.
Getting the FD will help us a LOT - save close to $1500. woohoo!

Last edited by Sylkie31; 04-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #488
Angela72181
Mouseketeer

Free Dining...

I am hoping that they extend it as well...

These dates do not help us with our trip but this is a sign that things are headed in the right direct for us...we don't go till December but have our reservations already booked with the regular dining plan....we currently are reserved a Moderate Resort for now, but if the Free dining ends up flopping we may bunker down at a Deluxe again and make it work...

it was cramped quarters but definitely doable again if we have to.

Oh the things we do for our Dining Fix
Angela72181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #489
sswally
Mouseketeer

So when will it be officially announced if Disney Visa holders can book on the 6th?
sswally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #490
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

So people have said that as long as there is room availability for the set aside rooms, you can get the discount. How is that done?

I want to go for a week, so does that mean there has to be availability in the block of rooms each night for those seven nights, otherwise it will tell me they are sold out, or does it go by check-in day, so only so many rooms a day for check-in get the discount, and then it doesn't matter if one person stays 3 days while another stays 2 weeks?
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #491
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other? The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders get any additional perks to room discounts during the value season? I looked on the visa rewards site but didn't see anything. I am aware if you use your card you get 0% financing for up to 6 months which is nice..but I had heard somewhere Visa cardholders get a special discount on rooms, NOT sure if this is true or not. Anyone know?
purpledisneyprncess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #492
gregger
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by junderwood99 View Post
I'll give you each 50 bucks if you can convince some Disney God to offer FD on 8/16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take that action....I'm booked 8/14-23

ME WIFE Daughter 13 Son 10
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #493
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
1. That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other?

2. The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.
1. Only one

2. Yes you have to (do the math)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #494
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy8i8 View Post
So people have said that as long as there is room availability for the set aside rooms, you can get the discount. How is that done?

I want to go for a week, so does that mean there has to be availability in the block of rooms each night for those seven nights, otherwise it will tell me they are sold out, or does it go by check-in day, so only so many rooms a day for check-in get the discount, and then it doesn't matter if one person stays 3 days while another stays 2 weeks?
Each resort will be allotted a certain number of free dining rooms under the promo. For example, lets say, Pop Century has 100 standard rooms available for the FD promo. If you call the first day the discount is available you will most likely have no issue booking or adding the discount to an existing reservation. But lets say you call 2 weeks later and they say they are sold out of standard rooms, they may have availability in a preferred room, but those could be booked up too and you may have to change resorts for availability. You can also have them check different check in or check out dates to look for availability, if your original dates are sold out.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #495
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpledisneyprncess View Post
That's great the Sept. dates for FD are out. Can you combine the FD deal with a room discount or have to pick one or the other? The dates I plan to go fall in "Value Season 2" anyhow so I think the FD would be the better discount.

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders get any additional perks to room discounts during the value season? I looked on the visa rewards site but didn't see anything. I am aware if you use your card you get 0% financing for up to 6 months which is nice..but I had heard somewhere Visa cardholders get a special discount on rooms, NOT sure if this is true or not. Anyone know?
No, you can not stack discounts.

Disney Visa discount promos for WDW are not any different than general public discounts, the Disney Visa holders just get a 3 day jump on the general public.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: