Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #466
minniefaye
DIS Veteran

Question-- I've never used the FREE dining plan before, actually I've never used the dining plan Sooooooo.....do I have to buy 2 day tickets for everyone in the room to qualify or just one person? reason I'm asking is that I can get discounted tix through the military so I want to maximize my savings

Also-- if you get a military discount on the room, would you still be allowed the free dining?

Thanks!
minniefaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #467
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

So lets talk about this LM room scenario a minute.
In the past has anyone that has already been booked for a room view with dining called to apply a discount and been told that FD was not avaliable for their room even when they already had it booked?? KWIM? I totally understand Disney only allowing X amount of LM rooms to get the discount but then it seems like such an odd situation telling the people that they are sold out of rooms for FD when the person has a room booked! Do they save some rooms for new bookings rather than a person applying the discount to a current ressie?

We were booked at Pop because even though we LOVE AOA we can not afford a suite for the 4 of us. I did not do LM rooms because of their non-availability of discounts. But now that they are probably included I switched my ressie today to LM. Hoping that maybe if I call at 7:00am EST on May 9th I will get a shot at FD for the room. I am sure there are tons of other mammas hoping to make this happen.
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #468
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

We are currently booked 9/30-10/6. I've been prepared to move a day or two to coincide with FD as it will save my family almost $1000. Hadn't planned on moving it back that much though. Worst part is the only other time we will be able to go is before F&W Oh well, there's always next time I guess...it's too big a savings to ignore and I'm not willing to chance whether or not my current dates will be included in another FD offer for fall!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #469
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Yup!
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #470
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniefaye View Post
Question-- I've never used the FREE dining plan before, actually I've never used the dining plan Sooooooo.....do I have to buy 2 day tickets for everyone in the room to qualify or just one person? reason I'm asking is that I can get discounted tix through the military so I want to maximize my savings

Also-- if you get a military discount on the room, would you still be allowed the free dining?

Thanks!
Every person must buy a 2 day ticket.

Room has to be full price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
In the past has anyone that has already been booked for a room view with dining called to apply a discount and been told that FD was not avaliable for their room even when they already had it booked?? KWIM? I totally understand Disney only allowing X amount of LM rooms to get the discount but then it seems like such an odd situation telling the people that they are sold out of rooms for FD when the person has a room booked! Do they save some rooms for new bookings rather than a person applying the discount to a current ressie?

We were booked at Pop because even though we LOVE AOA we can not afford a suite for the 4 of us. I did not do LM rooms because of their non-availability of discounts. But now that they are probably included I switched my ressie today to LM. Hoping that maybe if I call at 7:00am EST on May 9th I will get a shot at FD for the room. I am sure there are tons of other mammas hoping to make this happen.
They load the discounts in per resort per room type. If rooms are soldout or close to it, they do not load it for that date or room type. It doesn't matter if you already have a reservation. Their idea is to get new bookings, not give discounts to already booked rooms.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #471
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

Last year I knew a few people who had booked prior and their resort had availability but not their room category, so they had to upgrade to like a garden view or woods view. I really think LM is going to be VERY limited.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #472
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Free Dining is dead???

So my best guess is that the "FREE dining is Dead" stuff started because Disney did announce in 2011 that it would be weaning the public off discounts, then in 2012 they really couldn't because, while people are willing to go to Disney, they realized that without good discounts, people are willing to stay off site. So in 2012 they continued the FREE dining. However in 2013 SO FAR, Disney NOT offering FREE dining in Jan/Feb made everyone BELIEVE that free dining was dead. So people believed it wouldn't happen for Aug/Sept either. And as we see, it isn't happening for Aug.

I also think that FREE dining at busy times, will back off, as they have already in 2013. Doesn't mean FREE dining is dead, just that FREE dining throughout the year is dead.

I also don't want others planning vacations ASSUMING they will get free dining. There are people who believe they are going to get it and plan around it, budget for it but can't afford to go without it.

My point: Plan your vacations at full price, and if/when you get a discount then that is money that can go in the bank for your NEXT Disney vacation.

( I am hoping for Free dining for November, it would save us $1000 - to go in the bank for next June)

Danny & Black - you are both very dedicated Disney fans who bring so much hope to others with your announcements. Have a great day!
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #473
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjew View Post
Wow lucky yall september travelers! Super excited for you

Whats your opinion on Nov/Dec getting free dining...like the saturday following thanksgiving (Nov. 30)?

Yall think we still got a chance?
There usually is. Every single year everyone frets and frets about free dining and worries nothin will come out - and then it does :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #474
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post

I am hoping for some kind of extension of the dates. I just don't see Sept. happening for us because we have so much going on that month. Still thinking though.
The October - December free dining dates are not typically even released until the summertime - usually July, sometimes August.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #475
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2faith View Post

Canadian market??? Any word?
As far as I know Canadians have never been blacked out of booking a US FD promo.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #476
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:

Yes, in 2011 I had to change room view because of FREE dining, and of course I had to upgrade my view. LM rooms when I checked yesterday were not available for most of the dates so if I were you I would stick with POP. Just know that you may have to change view (from standard to preferred, or pool view)
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #477
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore1973 View Post
I live in Canada can I still book this deal?
Yes
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #478
ShellyShellfish
Wishing upon a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Last year I knew a few people who had booked prior and their resort had availability but not their room category, so they had to upgrade to like a garden view or woods view. I really think LM is going to be VERY limited.
This is exactly correct. I had a client last year who wanted a Royal Guest room for her stay. So she booked it in anticipation of FD coming out. Well, it did come out, however no availability in her room category. She REALLY wanted that room, so she stuck with the room only discount she had instead. So you have to be flexible in where you are staying. Just because you booked a room, doesn't guarantee you'll be able to keep that room with free dining. There's only so many rooms at each resort in the free dining "pot".

8/1997 - CBR My first trip
3/2001 - offsite Spring Break
5/2005 - POFQ Honeymoon
1/2009 - ASMusic Little Man's first trip
12/2010 - POP Little Lady's first trip & Birthdaypalooza
11/2011 - ASMovies Birthdaypalooza 2.0
5/2012 - BC/5 night Bahamian on the Magic/AKL
10/2013 - AKL Kidani! Birthdaypalooza 3.0
11/2014 - ASSports Birthdaypalooza 4.0
ShellyShellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #479
lovin diz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
another FD will be released and again you have read it first here
THis catches my attention. For now while they are offering FD, i am booking September, but hoping for FD in November..
Old 04-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #480
nushiekitty
Mouseketeer

Any idea what this will do to crowd levels? Specifically Sept 14- 21?
nushiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: