Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #406
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

Boy I hope your right. That would save me from doing all that. But if for some reason the other senerio happens, at least I'll know what to do. thank you so much.
Yep, always have multiple FD plans! Lol :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #407
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Happy for you all but it's going to be torture waiting till Nov. FD is released. Oh well...I refuse to book anything till its released.
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #408
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Okay, I'm dense and new to this, so please help me get this straight... we're going to Port Orleans Riverside on Sept. 23-29 + getting 4 day base tickets.

If we eschew the FL resident rates and go for the package deal, we get free dining.

This is expected to include:
1 refillable mug per person
1 snack credit per person per day
1 counter service per person per day
1 table service per person per day

Is this correct? Because if that's true we're saving about $700 - $800, which is cool.

If that's correct, I have 3 questions:
1) is there anywhere on here I can find a link to see what restaurants & counter service places are usually part of that deal (I understand it is not entirely confirmed yet, I just would like an idea).

2) can you use your table service for lunch rather than dinner? And get counter service for dinner (if we have a bigger meal we like to do it in the middle of the day)

3) if you don't make ADRs for table service (we're not that picky) is it impossible to find a place to sit down and eat?

Sorry if I sound stupid but I get easily confused... as FL residents we usually have APs and go for day trips and campouts, this is the first time we'll be staying at a moderate resort, or doing any kind of plan/package deal.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #409
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Danny and Black....absolutely cannot thank you guys enough!! Awesome news...exactly what I needed to hear (read) this afternoon!!!

Patience is not one of my virtues...can't wait for May to adjust my vacation package! This is exactly the discount we were hoping for!!! Thank you again for putting my worries of "no free dining" at rest...it's finally coming!!!
seasidespences is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #410
rspencer38
Mouseketeer

Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #411
rspencer38
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL
Okay, I'm dense and new to this, so please help me get this straight... we're going to Port Orleans Riverside on Sept. 23-29 + getting 4 day base tickets.

If we eschew the FL resident rates and go for the package deal, we get free dining.

Is this correct? Because if that's true we're saving about $700 - $800, which is cool.

1) is there anywhere on here I can find a link to see what restaurants & counter service places are usually part of that deal (I understand it is not entirely confirmed yet, I just would like an idea).

2) can you use your table service for lunch rather than dinner? And get counter service for dinner (if we have a bigger meal we like to do it in the middle of the day)

3) if you don't make ADRs for table service (we're not that picky) is it impossible to find a place to sit down and eat?

Sorry if I sound stupid but I get easily confused... as FL residents we usually have APs and go for day trips and campouts, this is the first time we'll be staying at a moderate resort, or doing any kind of plan/package deal.
There is definitely a list if TS or QS spots out there. Simple Google search would work.

You can book lunch and dinner at qs or ts as you please. In most cases a restaurant will be either TS fir both lunch and dinner or QS for both, an exception being Be Our Guest.

Depending on when you go it can be very difficult to find places you want and just walk right up without a reservation. You can always find somewhere but it may not be where you want to eat. I went last September which is a very "slow" season and most places I wanted were booked up!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #412
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post

Yes, this is correct.

1. Virtually all Disney owned restaurants in the parks and resorts and even most non Disney owned resorts at downtown Disney, very few exclusions. Lots of good dining info on allearsnet.com

2. You can use your TS credit for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

3. ADRs will be a necessity. Most places will not even be taking walk ups during a FD promo - especially the character meals and popular restaurants. I highly suggest you check availability and make ADRs now.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #413
Mckymousefn
DIS Veteran

Of course thats the dates ... cuz our first day is Sept 29th!!! Can't change it either. Any chance they will come out with anything for Sept 29th - Oct 5th??

Mckymousefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #414
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Thank you
Old 04-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #415
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Danny and Black....absolutely cannot thank you guys enough!! Awesome news...exactly what I needed to hear (read) this afternoon!!!

Patience is not one of my virtues...can't wait for May to adjust my vacation package! This is exactly the discount we were hoping for!!! Thank you again for putting my worries of "no free dining" at rest...it's finally coming!!!
Don't mention it...I think we have all been a bit rattled lately. I'm ready for my trip already.

Oh, ADRs are already made!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #416
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Thank you both so much! I will do a check at allears for restaurants.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #417
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Don't mention it...I think we have all been a bit rattled lately. I'm ready for my trip already.

Oh, ADRs are already made!!!
Same here...ADRs made (yet some constantly changing!) and had made up my mind we were going no matter what...this upcoming offer is just the sweet, sweet icing on my Disney vacation cake!!
seasidespences is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #418
danny25
I love Disney and Iīm friend of STICH

Talking

Hooo itīs was a long day today, for all of you that have your vacation within those dates, congratulations and for the others that are in the non offer days letīs wait there must be a room offer cooking for those dates. Thank You for all the pretty things You have sayed about your reactions with this offer, and at last (and without jokes) a very special thank you for the fantastic job that Black is doing here at the boards , donīt forget we are doing this without earn nothing only to give a smile in a lot of faces and share our passion about the Mouse, another FD will be released and again you have read it first here
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #419
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
donīt forget we are doing this without earn nothing only to give a smile in a lot of faces and share our passion about the Mouse
Wait...no money? But 411 said he would give me a nickel
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #420
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Wait...no money? But 411 said he would give me a nickel
Check is in the mail ;-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: