Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #16
Eliza'sMom
Mouseketeer

We had to cancel a Cape May Cafe ADR when we went when I was pregnant. I usually love seafood, but I've had an aversion to it with both pregnancies. I also have a very sensitive sense of smell in general that is only heightened during pregnancy (as in, during my last pregnancy, i could smell our water). CMC definitely smells STRONGLY of fish. We went to Beaches and Cream one night on our trip and I walked past CMC to get to the restroom and had to run. There was no way I could have eaten there. You could probably give it some time to see how your wife reacts to the pregnancy, though. Everyone has different aversions.

Our Disney trips together:
October 2005: Honeymoon at CSR December 2006: Got a pin code we couldn't resist and headed to POFQ June 2007: Big family vacation off-site December 2007: Babymoon at POFQ December 2009: Ellie's first trip, our first trip as DVC members at BWV April 2010: Mike's 30th and Ellie's 2nd birthday celebration at Pop/AKV September/October 2010: BWV for MNSSHP and Harry Potter April 2011: A week at Jambo House before Ellie turns 3 May 2012: Back to AKV for baby's 1st trip to Disney! Nov/Dec 2012: Our first Disney cruise! Plus AOA, BLT and BWV -- whew! October 2013: Fall fun at Jambo House March/April 2014: Spring break at BWV/VWL
Eliza'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #17
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Just wanted to say CONGRATS! So exciting! I am 21 weeks along and we went when I was 12-13 weeks. I wouldn't change your adrs. Just see how she feels over the next few months. I hope she feels great! I have had it rough with all day sickness. When we went we just took it easy. I drank TONS of water and we went back to the room for afternoon naps. My appetite was off so we accommodated and made changes to our adr's using the website when needed. Shellfish is fine while pregnant. Everything in moderation.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the pregnancy! I have been to WDW in my 5th month and also at almost 8 months, I wouldn't change any of your ADRs yet, like many others have said you don't know yet what she will and won't tolerate as her pregnancy continues. For me it was chicken, I could only stand it if it was really thin, almost paper thin. Every mom-to-be has different food issues.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #19
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
Congrats!! I am with the others, the ADR's look fine, just if she develops smell issues you may have to change some.. I love mexican food and always have but when I was expecting DS #1 I could not be anywhere near mexican food without getting nauseated

I agree. We went when I was just 3 months pg (still morning sickness) and we went to Kona cafe for Tonga Toast. I ended up with a plain bowl of Special K. They really are very acomodating with requests
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #20
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Hopefully your wife will feel OK, but if you just found out, give it a few weeks to see if she is going to have morning sickness. I love fish and with both of my kids, I couldn't even smell it, let alone eat it the entire 9 months. And that was even after the morning sickness passed. I had a few other food aversions too, but mainly fish. Going to Coral Reef while pregnant or Cape May for that matter, would NOT have been good. Anyway, my point is just to see how she is doing down the line in terms of what she wants to eat.

Edited to add: Lol, I just noticed someone else posted exactly the same thing. Sorry, I didn't read everything before I posted.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Like the others have said, keep them until you know if/what she might have an aversion to and then adjust accordingly.

I had an aversion to milk. I loved milk except when I was pregnant, especially early in the pregnancy (by the end I could finally have it with cereal). Just the thought of it made me want to hurl and that's something that doesn't really have a strong taste or smell!

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #22
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

As a preggo myself, I thought I'd chime in!

The most recent recommendations for pregnant women regarding shellfish are that it's fine in moderation. That means one feast of crab legs, shrimp and lobster for one night is not going to be a problem. My doctor actually recommends eating fish a couple of times a week, because the fish oil really helps with baby's brain and optic nerve development! So if it's safety you are concerned about, I think you can keep your ADRs with no trouble!

Now, as a word of caution, seafood can have a big gag factor for pregnant gals. I can eat fish like salmon or halibut just fine, but anything that is super fishy smelling or tasting is too much for me. And shellfish can be kind of iffy. I normally like things like shrimp and scallops, but haven't been a big fan this pregnancy. In fact, I ate scallops once during my only other pregnancy with DD4, and the taste made me gag I've tried eating them since, because I used to love them, but I seem to have some residual memory, and they still make me feel nauseous! Which is super sad. So maybe try eating shellfish at home or at a local restaurant first, and if it doesn't sit well, you can make an alternate ADR.

Hope that helps! Congrats on the pregnancy, you guys are going to have even more fun at Disney when you can take your little one! It is just magical!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

The nausea is often gone by the end of the first trimester. I remember early on the smell of coffee would make me gag! But later no problems. So don't rush to cancel reservations that might turn out to be ok.
Sunnywho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnywho View Post
The nausea is often gone by the end of the first trimester. I remember early on the smell of coffee would make me gag! But later no problems. So don't rush to cancel reservations that might turn out to be ok.
Gosh I wish this was true for me! 21 weeks now and I still throw up at least 4 days a week, every week. If not more!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #25
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

I'm 3 months, and will be 6.5 months by the time our Disney vacation rolls around this year. Congrats on the little one. I went to the doc two weeks ago and was given a giant list of things not to eat. I would ask her doctor instead of going by suggestions given on here. (No offense disers) I have been told no lunch meat, no hot dogs unless they're wayyyy cooked, no shellfish, no bottom feeders, no shark, swordfish, etc. Most fish are okay, as long as they're low in mercury, and definitely no tuna. No soft cheeses, no already prepared salads (chicken salad, lobster salad, crab salad.) But, don't take what my doctor said....have her ask her own.

ohnowewontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post
I'm 3 months, and will be 6.5 months by the time our Disney vacation rolls around this year. Congrats on the little one. I went to the doc two weeks ago and was given a giant list of things not to eat. I would ask her doctor instead of going by suggestions given on here. (No offense disers) I have been told no lunch meat, no hot dogs unless they're wayyyy cooked, no shellfish, no bottom feeders, no shark, swordfish, etc. Most fish are okay, as long as they're low in mercury, and definitely no tuna. No soft cheeses, no already prepared salads (chicken salad, lobster salad, crab salad.) But, don't take what my doctor said....have her ask her own.
That is what I was told for both my pregnancies. They tweak the list a bit but I know I was cautioned on all seafood.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: