Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
troyseyfert
Mouseketeer

Wife just found out she is PREGNANT! Should I adjust any of my ADR'S?

Hello everyone...

My wife just found out she is pregnant and we were planning on going to Disney from Aug 30-Sept 4th...just a short trip

We had already made possible arrangements to go even before she was pregnant. By the time we go, she will be about 5 1/2 months along.

So, I thought I made some great ADR's, but now I'm wondering if I should change any of them. Here they are:

Ohana
Garden Grill
Boma
Cape May Cafe
Coral Reef

I'm not as concerned about the first 3 so much because there are options my wife could eat that might not affect the pregnancy. Coral Reef I feel has plenty of other options too. But, I am concerned about Cape May Cafe...should we switch this one out since there are several shellfish on the buffet (which is the reason why we go)? If we should switch, anyone have any 1-table service suggestion for the two of us?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
troyseyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Biergarten and Raglan Road would be my suggestions. I don't care for Cape May to begin with but in looking at their menu, it looks like they woul have enough none shellfish options for her.
Congrats!
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Why would you need a change all are OK for a mother to be,
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
momabbate
Mouseketeer

I would check with her dr. I never heard not to eat shellfish while pregnant, but its been 20 years. I did look up and it seems that as long as it is fully cooked she should be ok. Now for me I had to watch beef products but that was just the smell would make me sick. Congradulations on baby
momabbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

First of all congratulations!!! I went to WDW at 5 months pregnant and all of your adrs look great! I don't know why you would change any?
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
scdak
DIS Veteran

Congrats, but she is "eating for 2" now, all the choices will give her plenty of choices to eat and make that sweet baby grow I understand about the seafood issue though , I would ask her MD about his/her concerns. I don't eat seafood so I was content at Coral Reef with a beef option and I have only had breakfast at Cape May so I can't answer on that one. Garden Grill has beef, poultry (it was turkey last time I went) plus fish on the platter of food and you could ask for no fish if the doctor tells her to avoid it.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
sbd78
Mouseketeer

I wouldn't change any of them. The only fish that the FDA recommends avoiding during pregnancy are shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish.

FDA recommends 2 servings of shellfish per week. (Although I'm sure it won't hurt her if she has more than 2 servings on vacation!) Enjoy your trip, and congrats!

http://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesfor.../ucm110591.htm

3/2007 Sheraton Vistana Resort, 3/2009 POP, June 2013 Doubletree Suites DTD
sbd78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
smiths02
DIS Veteran

She can eat seafood while pregnant. Fish/seafood has some nutrients which are great for pregnant women.

That being said, seafood also contains mercury. She just has to be careful about some kinds of seafood and the amount. Crab legs are lower on the mercury end.

HOWEVER, you are paying A LOT of money for Cape May for her to eat crab legs "in moderation." We went to Cape May, it was okay, but the only thing I found "special" there was the sea food selection. If she has to limit herself on that selection, I don't see the point of going.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Congratulations! I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! Don't change anything yet. The only reason I can think of for changing is the seafood smell. When I was pregnant I could not even drive by Red Lobster without being nauseated from the smell! That of course doesn't mean she will have that issue!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

She doesn't have to eat the shellfish...has she been warned that she shouldn't even be around shellfish? Or would she just be annoyed that she can't indulge in the shellfish while you do?

There's plenty of non-seafood items on the Cape May buffet.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Congrats! I think your ADRs are just fine. The only reason I can see that could possibly cause you to cancel any would be if she develops any food or smell intolerance. For instance the reason I knew I was pregnant was one day I start cooking dinner and got sick over the smell of olive oil which I loved and cooked with all the time. My entire pregnancy (and now nearly 5 years later) I still cannot stand the smell or taste and its something I use to absolutely love. Halfway through pregnancy I made some pasta sauce and put one tablespoon of olive oil in a huge pot of sauce and it was so strong tasting to me I couldn't eat it, my sense of taste was crazy sensitive and just the tiniest amount of olive oil made me sick. Barring something like that though I see no reason make changes. :-)
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

Congrats!! I am with the others, the ADR's look fine, just if she develops smell issues you may have to change some.. I love mexican food and always have but when I was expecting DS #1 I could not be anywhere near mexican food without getting nauseated

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylyn_b View Post
First of all congratulations!!! I went to WDW at 5 months pregnant and all of your adrs look great! I don't know why you would change any?
Same here. Since she just found out you were expecting, you have no idea what her food reactions will be. For me, I couldn't stand the smell or look of an egg. But that was me and I wouldn't cancel anything based on a woman you don't even know.

It's quite possible your wife could have some problems and those could last the entire pregnancy. But you don't know that yet. Just stay calm and deal with things once you get there. Trust me, pregnancy is a long journey and a fun one if you make it that way. Keep everything you have and if you have to cancel, you cancel. Don't be worrying to about that now.

Just go get the paint for the nursery.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
cdepauli
Briar Rose

You might want to check out these guidelines.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pre...rition/PR00109

Unless she has sort of food aversion, she should be able to eat most foods, including shellfish and seafood. If she regularly eats raw fish, she can even continue to eat that in moderation as long as you are familiar with and trust the source of the raw fish. I ate Yoshi's sushi, while pregnant, at the Cali Grill.

Things she may want to avoid that contain listeria are deli meats unless they've been heated first, unwashed produce, premade salads like potato salads or anything that has been sitting around unheated, and a new one that's been cautioned against - soft serve ice cream.

She can also eat soft cheese as long as they're pasteurized (and MOST cheeses are unless they are imported).

I also avoided foods with nitrites/nitrates like bacon and hot dogs unless they were specifically nitrite free.

The fun part of eating while pregnant though, is that the amniotic fluid can taste like what you eat, so exposing the baby to all sorts of flavors can help to make them less picky since they get used to the flavors in utero the same way they become accustomed to your voice

DD's first trip July 26-Aug 1 2011 Bonnet Creek; June 19-26 2010 Bonnet Creek; May 15-18 2010 Off Site - with my mom's entire family; 2009 Food and Wine Festival October 10-13 CSR; AKL July 21-28 2009; Engaged June 29, 2007 at the California Grill; Disneymoon September 20-28 2008 POR; October 2007 Bonnet Creek; June 2007 Dolphin; November 2006 Dolphin; May 2006 Bonnet Creek; 2003 ASMu; 2001 Offsite; 1998 ASMu; 1996 Offsite with the marching band senior year
cdepauli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: