Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
anniebean
Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee

San Angel Inn vegetarian menu

BF and I are going in September. San Angel Inn is our first reservation on arrival day for dinner. He's been there before, I have not....he's also a meat eater, and I am not.

Anyways, I looked at their menu. Nothing looks to be vegetarian, which is odd for a Mexican joint. Do they have a "special" veggie menu, and if so, what's on it?

No chance canceling the reservation either. It's one of his must do restaurants.

Oh, and we're on the dining plan, if that makes a difference.
anniebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

I know that allears.net *used* to show a separate vegetarian menu. I think there were two options on it, one of which was a salad (I can't remember what the other meal was). I know that website no longer shows a vegetarian menu, but I would be very surprised if they got rid of it. I imagine that whenever it was most recently updated, they just did not include the vegetarian options, since it is on a completely separate menu.

I know that my brother (vegetarian) and SIL (vegan) ate there this past September with no issues.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
anniebean
Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee

Thank you! Out of all our reservations, this one had me worried.
anniebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
littlemissjess
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

I'm a veggie who ate there last summer. I cannot remember exactly what they served me, just that it was a pile of not very mexican vegetables and refried beans and guacamole.

I remember it not being particularly tasty! Especially as mexican can be so great for vegetarians.. Sorry I can't give a better review!

However, by the time I came to eat I was pretty full from all the delicious free nachos (: And the restaurant it'self is lovely, even if it is *very* cozy!
littlemissjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
xipetotec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebean View Post
BF and I are going in September. San Angel Inn is our first reservation on arrival day for dinner. He's been there before, I have not....he's also a meat eater, and I am not.

Anyways, I looked at their menu. Nothing looks to be vegetarian, which is odd for a Mexican joint. Do they have a "special" veggie menu, and if so, what's on it?

No chance canceling the reservation either. It's one of his must do restaurants.

Oh, and we're on the dining plan, if that makes a difference.
I think your best bet is to call them and just have it added as a note to your ADR that you have a vegetarian in the group. Actually, I would have that added to ALL your ADR's. I was telling my brother's vegetarian girlfriend just recently that if there's ONE place in the world that will accomodate whatever food issues you have, it's Disney. But it helps to give them a heads up.

xipetotec is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: