Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Normally we do one night with Express, but what are opinions on instead doing 2 nights, no Express?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Two nights w/o would be OK. I usually buy the Frequent Fear Pass and depending on the budget may get Express added. But if not...no biggie. Multiple visits will insure seeing everything instead of a single night with Express.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Hey guys quick couple of questions; My DBF and I are going to Disney September 20-25 and were planning on going to HHN the night of the 20th. That being the opening night, how crazy busy is it? Think we will be able to do all houses? I've been several times, but usually later in October. Also, any prices on Florida resident one day passes? Thanks!
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
KristenRB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
Hey guys quick couple of questions; My DBF and I are going to Disney September 20-25 and were planning on going to HHN the night of the 20th. That being the opening night, how crazy busy is it? Think we will be able to do all houses? I've been several times, but usually later in October. Also, any prices on Florida resident one day passes? Thanks!
No prices will be released until summer. I go every opening night and it's pretty busy. Last year it was a monsoon for most of the evening. Lots of people left but I managed to do all but two houses. You will need to spend the entire evening if you want to do all the houses w/o Express. I think it might be a little better this year with lines because the construction of Transformers is finished and I can bet it will be open during HHN. That will help with the lines.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #34
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
No prices will be released until summer. I go every opening night and it's pretty busy. Last year it was a monsoon for most of the evening. Lots of people left but I managed to do all but two houses. You will need to spend the entire evening if you want to do all the houses w/o Express. I think it might be a little better this year with lines because the construction of Transformers is finished and I can bet it will be open during HHN. That will help with the lines.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I think we might spring for Express...def will need it!

Me DBF
Old 05-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #35
housemouse
Mouseketeer

I noticed that the HHN express pass also includes some of the rides. If you're an onsite resort guest do you need this particular pass for the rides during HHN? I know you need the HHN express pass for the houses, but will your regular resort express pass work for the rides during the event?
housemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #36
kmc
not all who wander are lost....

No your resort express is not valid during the HHN event

kmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
housemouse
Mouseketeer

I figured that was probably the case. But it never hurts to ask.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #38
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
I noticed that the HHN express pass also includes some of the rides. If you're an onsite resort guest do you need this particular pass for the rides during HHN? I know you need the HHN express pass for the houses, but will your regular resort express pass work for the rides during the event?
Your hotel EP does not work but the EP for HHN is good for once through each house AND all open attractions.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Any word on Walking Dead returning this year? I have read rumors, and I always love the idea of new things each year at HHN...but I love TWD and was unable to go last year.

Me DBF
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #40
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
Any word on Walking Dead returning this year? I have read rumors, and I always love the idea of new things each year at HHN...but I love TWD and was unable to go last year.
There won't be any official word for a while yet.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #41
dedex13
Mouseketeer

A question about tickets. I'm planning to attend on Oct 31 and will definitely want an express pass. Can I purchase the express passes when they become available and then purchase a stay and scream ticket at the park on the night of the event? I plan on purchasing 14 day 3 park tickets from Undercover Tourist since we will be in the parks from 5 to 7 days.
dedex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #42
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedex13 View Post
A question about tickets. I'm planning to attend on Oct 31 and will definitely want an express pass. Can I purchase the express passes when they become available and then purchase a stay and scream ticket at the park on the night of the event? I plan on purchasing 14 day 3 park tickets from Undercover Tourist since we will be in the parks from 5 to 7 days.
Yes...you can purchase EPs for HHN anytime they are available.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #43
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedex13 View Post
you can purchase the stay and scream ticket the day you are in the park.
show your multipass day ticket at guest services and buy the discounted hhn ticket.

you can do this on any day you are in the park.
it does not have to be done on the actual day of the hhn event.

but, if you wait until that oct 31st to buy the hhn tix, don't want until 4:00 to do so.
that line for ticket buying will be long the hour prior to park closing.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
It might also be worth mentioning that you may not even really need the Express if you are doing rides.

For the MOST part, Everybody is in the park to do the houses, so the ride lines are very short compared to what they tend to be during the day.

Which also goes to say.... Why waste your HHN riding the rides when you can do them during a regular park day? The only ride (I personally) felt was a "must do" during HHN was Jaws. just because it was an entirely different experience after dark, and it was so rare that the park was still open that late during my normal trips. Now, I can't think of anything that would be a must-do after dark and therefor worth the wasted house time. [Most US attractions are indoors, so day/night, no real different in the experience. Rip/Ride/Rocket's Lights are cool at night.... but I feel they are better enjoyed from the ground than on the coaster]
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #45
housemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It might also be worth mentioning that you may not even really need the Express if you are doing rides.

For the MOST part, Everybody is in the park to do the houses, so the ride lines are very short compared to what they tend to be during the day.

Which also goes to say.... Why waste your HHN riding the rides when you can do them during a regular park day? The only ride (I personally) felt was a "must do" during HHN was Jaws. just because it was an entirely different experience after dark, and it was so rare that the park was still open that late during my normal trips. Now, I can't think of anything that would be a must-do after dark and therefor worth the wasted house time. [Most US attractions are indoors, so day/night, no real different in the experience. Rip/Ride/Rocket's Lights are cool at night.... but I feel they are better enjoyed from the ground than on the coaster]
It was a curiosity question more than anything. We've never been before so I wasn't quite sure how things worked. We're going to do 2 HHN nights back to back. One with express and one without. Nice to know that we probably won't need express for the rides. We'll save our riding for the night we don't have the express pass in case we choose to ride.

Tags
halloween horor night, halloween horror nights, hhn, orlando flex ticket, stay and scram, stay and scream, undercover tourist, universal

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: