Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #16
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Hotel discounts are the same during HHN as any other time of year (AP, AAA, Stay More/Save More). However, as HHN is very popular, those rates tend to sell out quickly.

The AAA rate is usually available when those dates are released, but can only be obtained by calling the hotel reservation number or using AAA's website. The AAA rate usually doesn't display on the Loew's website.

APH rates might be available when dates are released for booking, but usually only become available 3 to 6 months in advance. If available, it will display on the Loew's website, but you have to request with the APH code.

Stay More/Save More (SMSM) is the wildcard. For long stays (at least 5 nights), it will beat both the APH and AAA rate. For shorter days, the other rates are better. If the rate is available, it will typically display on the Loew's website without any special code.

My advice is if you're sure that you're staying on property and you know your dates, book as early as you can, even if the rate you want isn't available. Then keep checking rates and if the rate becomes available, contact the reservation center and get the cheaper rate applied to your reservation.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

/\ will add that if this year's houses are as scary as the rack rates for HHN weekends, it'll be a boffo HHN.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
September 20 & 21 is opening weekend this year....and I'll be there as always!

Must be your turn again to "volunteer" to go in front of me in the houses.......you`re ribs should have recovered by now since last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
/\ will add that if this year's houses are as scary as the rack rates for HHN weekends, it'll be a boffo HHN.

I hope it`s good as we`ve missed the last 2 years........so expectations are high from us

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #19
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumigirl View Post
Must be your turn again to "volunteer" to go in front of me in the houses.......you`re ribs should have recovered by now since last time
Oh no...not again! I don't think I could take the abuse since I'm so much older than last time. I might even need a wheelchair this year.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Thanks for the hotel advice. I booked our 2 night stay as soon as I could, so just need to keep looking now to see if any discounts come out I could use, probably the APH if anything, then see if the discount on offer makes it worth getting the AP!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #21
meryll83

Any more news / rumours yet?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 05-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post

We're at Universal from the 9th to the 13th of October, so that's 3 nights of HHN we'll be avoiding (we leave on the 13th), I think. And right now the price certainly is high! So so so hoping for a bit more of a discount, that's for sure....

(then again, high at RPR is actually exactly rack rate for Port Orleans Riverside for the same dates, so maybe I shouldn't consider it to be "high"?)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patster734 View Post
Hotel discounts are the same during HHN as any other time of year (AP, AAA, Stay More/Save More). However, as HHN is very popular, those rates tend to sell out quickly.

The AAA rate is usually available when those dates are released, but can only be obtained by calling the hotel reservation number or using AAA's website. The AAA rate usually doesn't display on the Loew's website.

APH rates might be available when dates are released for booking, but usually only become available 3 to 6 months in advance. If available, it will display on the Loew's website, but you have to request with the APH code.

Stay More/Save More (SMSM) is the wildcard. For long stays (at least 5 nights), it will beat both the APH and AAA rate. For shorter days, the other rates are better. If the rate is available, it will typically display on the Loew's website without any special code.

My advice is if you're sure that you're staying on property and you know your dates, book as early as you can, even if the rate you want isn't available. Then keep checking rates and if the rate becomes available, contact the reservation center and get the cheaper rate applied to your reservation.
This will be our 3rd time staying on site at US, but never during HHN. DD is turning 16 and loves all thing scary, so HHN is a must for us.

I have an APH (but DD and DH do not) and am confused about getting the best deal for us. We will be staying Oct 9-12 2013 at HRH.

I can book now online and get the Stay-more-Save-more discount of 10% off per night and hope to apply my APH discount when/if available.

Buy HHN tickets with the APH discount or add the Stay and Scream to DD's and DH's park tickets

I can wait to book a Gory Getaway Package when they are available and see if it's cheaper than booking the hotel, park tickets and HHN tickets separately.

Any help with getting the best deal is appreciated or any other suggestions on HHN tickets, HHN express pass or packages.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #24
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Oh no...not again! I don't think I could take the abuse since I'm so much older than last time. I might even need a wheelchair this year.
........Older!!!!!! Never.....

It`s not been that long...............

I`m looking forward to the build up as well this year, as I`ve avoided it last couple of years as we were not going!!!!!!

So I`m watching out for every rumour and hint

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #25
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

After all our years visiting Universal my DW and I are doing our first HHN. Yes that's crazy never been since we started going in 1992, lol. We have been there plenty of times years ago during the day around HHN but never went. We are very excited and can't wait. We are really not big haunted house people but used to do them back
In the day in our local town.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #26
tricky1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
This will be our 3rd time staying on site at US, but never during HHN. DD is turning 16 and loves all thing scary, so HHN is a must for us.

I have an APH (but DD and DH do not) and am confused about getting the best deal for us. We will be staying Oct 9-12 2013 at HRH.

I can book now online and get the Stay-more-Save-more discount of 10% off per night and hope to apply my APH discount when/if available.

Buy HHN tickets with the APH discount or add the Stay and Scream to DD's and DH's park tickets

I can wait to book a Gory Getaway Package when they are available and see if it's cheaper than booking the hotel, park tickets and HHN tickets separately.

Any help with getting the best deal is appreciated or any other suggestions on HHN tickets, HHN express pass or packages.
This is the pricing from last year http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/par...ts.htm#pricing

I think it will be very similar to this year. (scroll down midway on the page)
tricky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #27
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
This is the pricing from last year http://www.wdwinfo.com/universal/par...ts.htm#pricing

I think it will be very similar to this year. (scroll down midway on the page)
Thanks!

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post

Sounds like you're only doing HHN for one night. I'd advise getting the Express Pass to guarantee seeing all of the houses. That weekend is Columbus Day weekend so its typically very busy.

Take advantage of the Stay and Scream holding area if you can. You don't need a special ticket for this, just a normal day ticket and a HHN ticket.

If you do the Stay and Scream holding area and purchase the Express pass, don't use the Express pass when you're released. The lines will be short for the first hour or two, and then you can use the Express pass later in the evening.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #29
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Definitely get the Express Pass if you go during a busy time. Ours were worth their weight in gold last year.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #30
meryll83

Normally we do one night with Express, but what are opinions on instead doing 2 nights, no Express?

(Free Dining) & Dream

Tags
halloween horor night, halloween horror nights, hhn, orlando flex ticket, stay and scram, stay and scream, undercover tourist, universal

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: