Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Halloween Horror Nights 2013

I see the dates for HHN have been listed here on the DIS, are these final, as the official site just has the date range rather than the individual nights listed?

Does that now mean ticket options won't be far behind?
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,508

Unviersal has also posted them on their FB page too
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion December 2014
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
schumigirl
I`ve bought one of those for this year....it`s in fuscia pink though......You`ll be able to see me from the air
It`s a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
 
schumigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Originally Scotland, Now in Cleveland, NE England, UK
Posts: 2,466



I never noticed dates had been announced. Really pleased it starts so early, we thought we might only have got once......now we`ll manage to go more
__________________
17 Nights At RPR---2013 Trip Report

SEPT 2007 2 WEEKS BUENA VISTA PALACE & HHN
SEPT 2008 2 WEEKS POFQ &HHN
AUG 2009 2 WEEKS RPR
OCT 2010 2 WEEKS RPR & HHN
AUG 2011 2 WEEKS RPR
JULY 2012 17 NIGHTS RPR
APRIL 2013 WEEK IN NEW YORK
SEPT 2013...17 NIGHTS RPR &HHN
MAY 2014.....2 WEEKS IN NEW YORK
SEPTEMBER 2014....18 NIGHTS RPR & HHN
schumigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
tricky1
DIS Veteran
 
tricky1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus,Ga.
Posts: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I see the dates for HHN have been listed here on the DIS, are these final, as the official site just has the date range rather than the individual nights listed?

Does that now mean ticket options won't be far behind?
General admission tickets around mid to late june.
The discounts are later in summer(aph,Fl res., coke )
tricky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Unviersal has also posted them on their FB page too
Ah, didn't see this yet!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,325
DISboards Moderator

September 20 & 21 is opening weekend this year....and I'll be there as always!
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post

General admission tickets around mid to late june.
The discounts are later in summer(aph,Fl res., coke )
As a UK res I think there's only the APH rate I'd be eligible for, so is this discount available on things such as stay & scream and frequent fear? (haven't yet decided whether to do one night with Express or two without)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
September 20 & 21 is opening weekend this year....and I'll be there as always!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,325
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
As a UK res I think there's only the APH rate I'd be eligible for, so is this discount available on things such as stay & scream and frequent fear? (haven't yet decided whether to do one night with Express or two without)
If you have an AP the discount for the Frequent Fear Pass makes it well worth the cost of the AP...that's why I keep mine current. You would not need anything other than the FFP (if you have an AP) and the AP would allow for S & S since you are able to enter the park prior to closing.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
If you have an AP the discount for the Frequent Fear Pass makes it well worth the cost of the AP...that's why I keep mine current. You would not need anything other than the FFP (if you have an AP) and the AP would allow for S & S since you are able to enter the park prior to closing.
Still weighing up whether to get an AP as we'd only be in the parks 3 days at most this year (hoping to do LA next year), but it'd probably be worth it if I could get a discount on our HRH stay. Not sure how likely this is with our dates of 28/29 September though? Anyone know what sort of discount might be likely, if any?
And what discount does it give you in the restaurants? Sorry, slightly off topic, but it's all for the good of my HHN plans

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,325
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Still weighing up whether to get an AP as we'd only be in the parks 3 days at most this year (hoping to do LA next year), but it'd probably be worth it if I could get a discount on our HRH stay. Not sure how likely this is with our dates of 28/29 September though? Anyone know what sort of discount might be likely, if any? And what discount does it give you in the restaurants? Sorry, slightly off topic, but it's all for the good of my HHN plans
I have no idea what discounts will be available or what they will be. I can tell you the AP discount is better than the FL resident discount. Premiere APs is 15% discount on food and Preferred is 10% at most places.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
I have no idea what discounts will be available or what they will be. I can tell you the AP discount is better than the FL resident discount. Premiere APs is 15% discount on food and Preferred is 10% at most places.
Cool, thanks for this. Any idea when the hotel discount would be out by if there was to be one?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,325
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Cool, thanks for this. Any idea when the hotel discount would be out by if there was to be one?
Most of the time they have weekend packages called Gory Getaways. I don't know if there are discounts for room only during that time or not. Hotel discounts should become available...if there are any...during late summer.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #14
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!
 
meryll83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 3,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Most of the time they have weekend packages called Gory Getaways. I don't know if there are discounts for room only during that time or not. Hotel discounts should become available...if there are any...during late summer.
Thank you, it helps to know when to keep an eye out for things.
One last question, what's included in a gory getaway? Hotel, normal park admission and HHN admission? For how many nights?
Ok that was sort of 3 questions, no more now I promise

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
♥ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return ♥
o Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas! o


WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #15
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,325
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Thank you, it helps to know when to keep an eye out for things. One last question, what's included in a gory getaway? Hotel, normal park admission and HHN admission? For how many nights?
Ok that was sort of 3 questions, no more now I promise
This is a link to a webpage from 2010 that mentions the hotel packages. Ignore the prices since this was several years ago but it will give you an idea of what's included:

http://websites.horrornights.be/2010...y_getaway.html
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
halloween horor night, halloween horror nights, hhn, orlando flex ticket, stay and scram, stay and scream, undercover tourist, universal



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: