Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
kjduncan
Earning My Ears

How do you package your FE gifts?

First time cruising with Disney and first FE so sorry for the newbie question! Do you wrap your FE's in cute Disney paper? Or ziplock bags or no wrapping? I'm finished with my gifts but am stuck on how to package them.
TIA!
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
3mmm
Mouseketeer

The simple answer is yes, yes, and yes! Anything goes. Do whatever you like. We have had all of the above

DS 15, DS 13, DD11, DS9, DS6 as of August 2013
3mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We never make gifts that require bagging or packaging, so I don't have direct experience, but we have happily received gifts in everything from ziploc bags to themed plastic bags to fabric bags. Do what works for your budget and schedule and please do not stress about what is "acceptable" or "appropriate."

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #4
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

I've used those party bags with a twist tie. Pirates of the Carribean Another a clear bag with red, blue, yellow ribbons tying it shut. Some stuff didn't need to be in a bag.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

I used brown paper bags and wrote each family's name and the room number on the bag. That way I didn't need to carry around my paper or if I forgot it I could just read the bag.

The original plan was to draw a lot on them but it was taking too long so they just ended up with Mickey and Minnie.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

My last cruise I put our FE gifts in mini tote bags that I foiled with the DCL scrollwork. They were gorgeous and I hope everyone loved them, but they took so long that I'll likely never do that again.

capshockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

This is the second time i'm reading about FE. Can someone please tell me what the heck an FE is??? Might sound like a stupid question but i really dont know.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
This is the second time i'm reading about FE. Can someone please tell me what the heck an FE is??? Might sound like a stupid question but i really dont know.
It's like secret Santa on a cruise ship FE stands for fish extender people hang a pouch from their fish outside their room and collect gifts from other rooms. Then you also deliver to all the other familes in your group. It's quite fun
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've also heard about them but haven't done done yet. Do you start a group on your cruise meet link? We are sailing on the Magic on Nov 6th, and so far we only have maybe 4 people even on that thread...
Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

I would stress that even more important than packaging is a tag or notation of who the gift is from. It is really frustrating to get something that you really want to thank someone for and have no idea who it came from. It is not always easy to figure it out thru the process of elimination either.

Last edited by RweTHEREyet; 04-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.
RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveDisneyAlways View Post
It's like secret Santa on a cruise ship FE stands for fish extender people hang a pouch from their fish outside their room and collect gifts from other rooms. Then you also deliver to all the other familes in your group. It's quite fun
sorry im not sure i follow. You hang it outside your door, you collect gifts from others. and you also deliver gifts to people who also have a FE. Is that right?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #12
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

We have done a variety of things, just depends on what we're giving out. Ziploc baggies are good because they can be re-used by the recipient if needed (we always pack a variety of sizes because you never know when you'll need one to put something in). We usually put a label on the baggie saying something like "Happy Sailin' from NZDisneyMom" and write the cabin number we are delivering to on it. That way they'll know they received from us and we'll know where it's going. For delivery, we organize them by quadrants on each deck and then when we're heading out somewhere and have time, we'll detour that way - like we'll do the forward port side of Deck 2 at once or stop at the aft starboard side of Deck 8 on the way to lunch etc.

You want to think about what will make it easiest for you to deliver and for your item(s) to be easy to be brought into the cabin from the FE. Ours this time around don't need a baggie but we've tagged them.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We have done a variety of things, just depends on what we're giving out. Ziploc baggies are good because they can be re-used by the recipient if needed (we always pack a variety of sizes because you never know when you'll need one to put something in). We usually put a label on the baggie saying something like "Happy Sailin' from NZDisneyMom" and write the cabin number we are delivering to on it. That way they'll know they received from us and we'll know where it's going. For delivery, we organize them by quadrants on each deck and then when we're heading out somewhere and have time, we'll detour that way - like we'll do the forward port side of Deck 2 at once or stop at the aft starboard side of Deck 8 on the way to lunch etc.

You want to think about what will make it easiest for you to deliver and for your item(s) to be easy to be brought into the cabin from the FE. Ours this time around don't need a baggie but we've tagged them.
Thanks for explaining. It sounds like it would be too much for my first cruise, so I might pass. Lol.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
ladyleslie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I would stress that even more important than packaging is a tag or notation of who the gift is from. It is really frustrating to get something that you really to thank someone for and have no idea who it came from. It is not always easy to figure it out thru the process of elimination either.
Couldn't agree with you more!!!

** From my family and friends to yours - may all of your cruising dreams come true! **
** Dream - Aug 14 & 17 & 21, 2014 ** Fantasy - August 17, 2013 & Art of Animation ** Magic - Aug 17, 2012 ** Dream - Aug 25 & Aug 28, 2011 & Caribbean Beach ** Wonder - Aug 29 & Sept 1 2010 & Caribbean Beach ** Wonder - Aug 23, 2009 & Caribbean Beach **Coronado Springs - Feb 2009 ** French Quarter - Sept 2008 ** All Star Sports - Sept 2007 ** All Star Music - Oct 2006 ** Off Site - April 2002 ** Off Site - Aug 1989 ** Disney Campsite - Aug 1982 **
ladyleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for explaining. It sounds like it would be too much for my first cruise, so I might pass. Lol.
Are you on a Meet thread for your sailing? If so, if there is a small group doing it, that might be a good way to get your feet wet. Our first time participating was a 3-night on the Wonder and there were maybe six of us.

FE's are a lot of fun, especially on longer sailings because there is more time to deliver your gifts.

Gifts can be really simple - some of my favorite things to receive are things I can bring home and actually use - like pencils and pens and such - we sailed with some Chicago Cubs fans and whenever I use the pencils they gave out, I think of our cruise and how much fun we had and how nice it was to meet other people.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: