Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Aggiefan92
Earning My Ears

Kids Club Registration on Fantasy

Been looking at a lot of previous posts but want to confirm we registered kids correctly
We signed them up on line (9 and 7) and created the password. Do we then have to sign them up at the terminal or at the open house on board or are they now "checked in"?
Aggiefan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiefan92 View Post
Been looking at a lot of previous posts but want to confirm we registered kids correctly
We signed them up on line (9 and 7) and created the password. Do we then have to sign them up at the terminal or at the open house on board or are they now "checked in"?
You have saved time by registering online, but you will still need to get them both Mickey bands, either from the Youth CMs in the terminal or from the clubs themselves once you're onboard.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Aggiefan92
Earning My Ears

Do you have to wait in line for those and fill out more paperwork or is it just find someone that has them and sign for the bands?

Thanks!
Aggiefan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Do you have to wait in line for those and fill out more paperwork or is it just find someone that has them and sign for the bands?

Thanks!
No more paperwork since you did the online registration. But the line at the terminal can be long - if so, just wait and do it onboard. It's a fairly short process and never seems to have a line onboard.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks!
Both terminal and ship will have lines on day one, but it was much shorter for us to get DD's band onboard; the line in the terminal was easily 30-60min. Also, the line at one kids' area may be shorter than the other--I was still waiting to ask a question at the club by the time DH and DD came back from the lab with her proudly displaying her Mickey band (first year she was eligible). By registering online you've skipped the paperwork part.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

We've never waited more than 5 minutes or so at the terminal. I like to get it out of the way while we are there waiting anyhow, rather than it being something that we need to do once on board when we would rather be exploring the ship.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
We've never waited more than 5 minutes or so at the terminal. I like to get it out of the way while we are there waiting anyhow, rather than it being something that we need to do once on board when we would rather be exploring the ship.
We waited about 45 minutes for the wrist bands on our cruise in November. We didn't know you could get them on the ship or else we would have just got them on the ship.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
my2princessgirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post
We waited about 45 minutes for the wrist bands on our cruise in November. We didn't know you could get them on the ship or else we would have just got them on the ship.
Wow, that's crazy! Last May we got to the terminal just before 11, checked in and such, took pictures, got their wrist bands and were sitting around waiting for them to start boarding at 11:45. It all went very fast. I'm hoping I have the same experience next month, lol!!

ETA: I went back and looked at pictures and they had wristbands by 11:22. At least that is the first pic that I can find where I can see them on their arms. Really hoping we have the same luck again next month!!

Last edited by my2princessgirls; 04-23-2013 at 04:59 PM.
my2princessgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
ktmo
Mouseketeer

We got in line at the terminal and had them before our boarding number was called (number 6). So, we were waiting anyway, why not get one more thing out of the way.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmo View Post
We got in line at the terminal and had them before our boarding number was called (number 6). So, we were waiting anyway, why not get one more thing out of the way.
That was my thought, too, except the wait was so long our boarding number was called while I was still in line.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
vcunning
Mouseketeer

Where do you pre-register for the kids (6-year old). I didn't see it on the disneycruise.com registration site.
vcunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, that's crazy! Last May we got to the terminal just before 11, checked in and such, took pictures, got their wrist bands and were sitting around waiting for them to start boarding at 11:45. It all went very fast. I'm hoping I have the same experience next month, lol!!

ETA: I went back and looked at pictures and they had wristbands by 11:22. At least that is the first pic that I can find where I can see them on their arms. Really hoping we have the same luck again next month!!
This was our experience as well. Arrived at the port around 10:30 or so, our check in time was 11:30-12. We were checked in, had our Mickey band and pictures with Mickey all before 11:15. We walked on the boat around 11:40. It was AWESOME. We didn't anticipate getting to the port so early, but it sure did pay off.

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13, Sept 14 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Girl's Weekend! - Yacht Club, Nov 2014
Thankful to be going back to the Fort! - Fort Wilderness, Thanksgiving 2014
Reunion with friends from UK we met on our Med cruise - Apr 15
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #13
kjduncan
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I just looked at your ticker and think you are going to be on the same cruise as we are!! This is our first Disney cruise, and we are beyond excited!
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #14
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

That was my thought, too, except the wait was so long our boarding number was called while I was still in line.

This was the same for us. We actually boarded about 30 minutes after our boarding number was called.
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
KashasMom
DIS Veteran

When I saw the line at the terminal for our Magic cruise I was SO happy that I had registered online. It's so easy to do online I can't imagine anyone doing it at the terminal! Once we boarded we went to the kids club - no line at all. Guess we got a band - don't really remember since my daughter never went to the club anyway. Maybe this cruise.
1972 Home Lines Homeric (Bahamas), 1977 Cunard Princess (Bermuda), 1986 Carnival Holiday (Eastern Caribbean), 1987 Carnival Jubilee (Eastern Caribbean), 1988 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Oceanic (Bahamas), 1991 Premier/Big Red Boat Starship Atlantic (Bahamas), 1991 Costa Riviera (Western Caribbean), 1993 Carnival Fantasy (Southern Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Western Caribbean), 1997 Celebrity Century (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Grandeur of the Seas (Eastern Caribbean), 1998 Disney Magic Inaugural Celebration (Bahamas), 2000 Carnival Destiny (Canada), 2001 Celebrity Infinity (Alaska - Inside Passage), 2003 Royal Princess (South America), 2008 RCI Serenade of the Seas (repo -SF to Vancouver via Alaska - Inside Passage), 2010 Caribbean Princess (Southern Caribbean), 2010 Caribbean Princess (b-b Southern Caribbean), 2012 Disney Magic (NY-Bahamas), 2012 Brand-New Carnival Breeze (Eastern Carib), 2012 NCL Epic (Eastern Carib), 2013 Brand-Spanking-New NCL Breakaway *Family Reunion Cruise* (Bermuda), 2013 Disney Fantasy (Western Caribbean)

------

Upcoming Cruise: Disney Fantasy - February 2015
Upcoming Cruise: Disney Wonder - February 2016
KashasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: