DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Mousewerks
Mouseketeer

Got a Treehouse!

Managed to snag a Treehouse this morning for next Spring Break. I'm not terribly sure that it will meet our needs since we'll have 4 adults and 4 children 12 and under. Those children are all boys and very good friends so they'd like to all sleep in the same area. The adults would like to spend time together as well in the evening after the boys go to bed but wouldn't be able to do that in the Treehouse since the they'll be sleeping in the living room.

I'm thinking we'll have to switch at the 7 month mark to a 2bed probably at AKV. Then, we can let the boys sleep in the living room and use the studio portion of a lockoff for 'adult time'.

What do you all think?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
CKCruising
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousewerks View Post
Managed to snag a Treehouse this morning for next Spring Break. I'm not terribly sure that it will meet our needs since we'll have 4 adults and 4 children 12 and under. Those children are all boys and very good friends so they'd like to all sleep in the same area. The adults would like to spend time together as well in the evening after the boys go to bed but wouldn't be able to do that in the Treehouse since the they'll be sleeping in the living room.

I'm thinking we'll have to switch at the 7 month mark to a 2bed probably at AKV. Then, we can let the boys sleep in the living room and use the studio portion of a lockoff for 'adult time'.

What do you all think?
In the TH, two of the kids will have to go in the bunk beds. Could you put the other 2 to sleep in the second bedroom and then move them once you wanted to go to sleep? Another option is to put the kids in the 2nd and bunk room and 2 of the adults sleep in the living room on the couch/bed.

I'm not a fan of the studio for adult time. It has a couch and a bed (If you get a lock-off, otherwise I think it has 2 beds). Trying to sit with 4 adults in that room is tight. I would put the kids to bed in the lock-off room and use the living room for the adults (meaning again, some would have to sleep on the pull-out).

We're lucky as DS will fall asleep anywhere and can be easily moved.

April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
keaster
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What do you all think?
What about sitting out on the deck of the treehouse for adult time in the evening (weather permitting of course)?

DCL Gold, Baby!
Caribbean Magic - February 2009
Bahamas Wonder - September 2009
Mediterranean Magic - May 2010
Mexico Wonder - March 2011
Bahamas Dream - July 2011
Caribbean Fantasy - March 2013

Our DVC Adventures!AKL Jambo - March 2012/AKL Kidani - August 2012/BLT - March 2013/SSR Treehouse - August 2013/AKL Kidani - March 2014/VGF - June 2014
keaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

More bugs at the Treehouses. Not sure how it will be sitting outside at night.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

What about trying for an OKW grand Villa they are not massivley high points.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendofpluto View Post
More bugs at the Treehouses. Not sure how it will be sitting outside at night.
Stayed in THV twice and did not have a bug problem and used the deck all the time. I agree about using the 2nd bedroom for the kids and having the adults sleep on the pull out. If I was going to do a 2 bedroom I would probably do OKW for the larger rooms and all 4 kids could sleep in 2nd bedroom but then again adults on pull out.

Another possibility not sure if you are driving or not but if you are pack a couple sleeping bags and let 2 of the kids camp out on the floor of the bunk bed room - the room is not huge but I do think it would fit 1 kid at the end of the bed and the other on the floor next to the bunk beds. btw with 4 boys the outdoor space would be AWESOME!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Mousewerks
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your ideas. I think what this really shows is that we need more points! A GV at OKW is 27 points out of reach.

We will be driving and we can probably make it all work but I'm not willing to make my brother and his wife sleep on the pull-out. We may be able to have two boys in the bunkbeds and two out on the pull-out if we can use the deck as 'adult space'. It's something to think about.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you all for your ideas. I think what this really shows is that we need more points! A GV at OKW is 27 points out of reach.

We will be driving and we can probably make it all work but I'm not willing to make my brother and his wife sleep on the pull-out. We may be able to have two boys in the bunkbeds and two out on the pull-out if we can use the deck as 'adult space'. It's something to think about.
I would ask the boys if they want to camp out together in one room - I know when my kids were younger it was what they preferred! It will be tight but I think very doable. Nice size closets in THV also!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We stayed in the THV during spring break and had no problem with bugs. I would also put the kids to bed and then move them. I know all kids at different, but ours are good about being moved after they fall asleep.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #10
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Let the 4 boys share the bunk bed room. They can squeeze together or throw the mattress or the cushions from the pull out bed on the floor for two of the boys.They'll have a blast.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240
Let the 4 boys share the bunk bed room. They can squeeze together or throw the mattress or the cushions from the pull out bed on the floor for two of the boys.They'll have a blast.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Let the boys bunk together and leave the living room open for the adults.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #12
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Totally agree, it'll be tight but it'll work. As an alternative maybe your adult friends wouldn't be averse to having the bunks........

Seriously though, have a look at this youtube video, it'll give you an idea of the size of the bunk room

Last edited by Embraer; 04-25-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Embraer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
Mousewerks
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Totally agree, it'll be tight but it'll work. As an alternative maybe your adult friends wouldn't be averse to having the bunks........

Seriously though, have a look at this youtube video, it'll give you an idea of the size of the bunk room
Thank you so much for that YouTube video. I agree, I think the boys will be able to camp out in that room. Thanks everyone for that idea.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
Embraer
Mouseketeer

You're welcome. We had 3 under 5's in there and there was enough room for at least another 3 of them to have a hell of a party.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #15
RevKjb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Stayed in THV twice and did not have a bug problem and used the deck all the time. !
J'accord! I agree.
Canada

RevKjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: