DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #31
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinS View Post
I'm in a family of 7 looking to get 2 villas at Aulani in January (not DVC owners, we would be hopefully renting (a lot) of points).

Any adults have experience with the queen sofa bed in the living room? In one suite, a pair of 3 year-old kiddos might get the master bedroom since their bedtime is early and mom and dad will still want to be on the lanai/living room/kitchen. So they might get stuck on the pull-out.

Thanks!
Sorry, we never opened ours. Our son slept on the little pull down bed under the tv.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post

I haven't heard of a date being set.
What is QS? Sorry if it has already been put on this thread. I literally cannot keep up with all the acronyms.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #33
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post
What is QS? Sorry if it has already been put on this thread. I literally cannot keep up with all the acronyms.

That's Quick Service.

There are stickies at the tops of many of the boards that contain the acronyms if you find yourself getting lost with them. It's easy to do!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #34
okiedokieartichoke
Miss Smith

The Aulani pools are not heated, they are stabilized at 82 degrees. Rainbow reef is 76 degrees, for the health of the fish.
okiedokieartichoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #35
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokieartichoke View Post
The Aulani pools are not heated, they are stabilized at 82 degrees. Rainbow reef is 76 degrees, for the health of the fish.
Stabilized? What does that mean? If they are not heated how can the temp. be controlled? If the air temp is cold then the water will be cold. 82 is not all that warm, really. Ask my DS who is a year-round swimmer and who has to start swimming outdoors in an unheated pool starting at Memorial Day. If we're lucky the water temps reach the 80's by July - but until then he is chilled to the bone. If we have a super hot stretch in July then the water gets TOO warm and it's like bathwater and nobody swims well. There is no control over the water temps in this situation.

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (Still a work in progress.)
Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedokieartichoke View Post
They most certainly were not 82 degrees in November. My husband asked and it was in the low 70s.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #37
MarieDCL
Pirate of the Caribbean

I guess it is safe to say that the Aulani experience does not seem to be too much impacted by the construction at the moment? Can anyone confirm this?

| Wonder 5-night Western Carribbean 02/2014 | Wonder 7-night Alaska 05/2012 | Magic 7-night Eastern Carribbean 01/2012 | Magic 7-night Western Carribbean 01/2011 |
| Aulani Disney Hawaii Resort 05/2013 | Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 08/2012 | Animal Kingdom Jambo House 01/2010 |
MarieDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #38
carissa1970
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieDCL View Post
I guess it is safe to say that the Aulani experience does not seem to be too much impacted by the construction at the moment? Can anyone confirm this?
In November, there was a bunch of construction going on and we hardly noticed it. You know how at the parks when they are working on something, they put those nicely painted and decorated temporary wall around everything? Same there. You couldn't see anything, and barely heard anything.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #39
MarieDCL
Pirate of the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissa1970 View Post

In November, there was a bunch of construction going on and we hardly noticed it. You know how at the parks when they are working on something, they put those nicely painted and decorated temporary wall around everything? Same there. You couldn't see anything, and barely heard anything.
That's great to hear!!! Thanks for the info!!!

| Wonder 5-night Western Carribbean 02/2014 | Wonder 7-night Alaska 05/2012 | Magic 7-night Eastern Carribbean 01/2012 | Magic 7-night Western Carribbean 01/2011 |
| Aulani Disney Hawaii Resort 05/2013 | Animal Kingdom Kidani Village 08/2012 | Animal Kingdom Jambo House 01/2010 |
MarieDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #40
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank808 View Post
Kalepas store no longer has soda machines or hot coffee. They took them out.
Is there a new location? From what I can tell, the only places to get drinks refilled are the Lava Shack and One Paddle Two Paddle, which have limited hours. I'm trying to decide if the refillable mugs are worth the cost or not. I'd love to be able to get coffee in the morning but can't figure out if there is a place to actually do that anymore.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #41
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

Is there a new location? From what I can tell, the only places to get drinks refilled are the Lava Shack and One Paddle Two Paddle, which have limited hours. I'm trying to decide if the refillable mugs are worth the cost or not. I'd love to be able to get coffee in the morning but can't figure out if there is a place to actually do that anymore.
We didn't do the refillable mugs but did get daily lattes at the Olelo room. There was a larger table set up there with hot water for tea, decaf and regular Kona coffee. People with refillable mugs were filling up there each day they open at 6 am.

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #42
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidanNpiper View Post
We didn't do the refillable mugs but did get daily lattes at the Olelo room. There was a larger table set up there with hot water for tea, decaf and regular Kona coffee. People with refillable mugs were filling up there each day they open at 6 am.
Thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #43
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
The Lava Shack station is self-serve and located outside of the store, so you can refill at any time.

The Olelo room has the fantastic Kona coffee and they open around 6am. I was told that the continental breakfast there was from 6-9, but we went for "second breakfast" around 9:30am and they still had a nice selection of pastries and deliciously fresh fruit. They also offer two hot breakfast sandwiches of bacon, egg & cheese either on an english muffin or croissant.
Quite tasty, but they are made to order, so it can take 15 minutes or so to get.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #44
Uomeasmile
Earning My Ears

So excited to be visiting Aulani in August for the first time. Thanks to everyone who posted here with great pros / cons of the rooms and the resort.

Does anyone know when the construction is scheduled for completion?
Uomeasmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #45
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
The Lava Shack station is self-serve and located outside of the store, so you can refill at any time.

The Olelo room has the fantastic Kona coffee and they open around 6am. I was told that the continental breakfast there was from 6-9, but we went for "second breakfast" around 9:30am and they still had a nice selection of pastries and deliciously fresh fruit. They also offer two hot breakfast sandwiches of bacon, egg & cheese either on an english muffin or croissant.
Quite tasty, but they are made to order, so it can take 15 minutes or so to get.
Great. That's exactly the info I needed. Thank you!

Second breakfast? So does that mean hobbits are welcome?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: