Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
airplane
DIS Veteran

Minivan experts, will this fit

Can 4 adults, 2 toddlers in car seats, 4 big suitcases, 2 sets of golf clubs and 2 strollers fit in a minivan? My trip isn't until Oct so I don't know which company I will be renting from yet.
TIA
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Anya22
Mouseketeer

I would think that would be awfully tight. Could the golfers share one set of clubs? How big are the strollers (umbrella strollers or full-size etc.)?
Anya22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

That's a lot to fit in! If you had a town and country minivan they have extra storage under the floorboards on the 2nd row. You could fit some stuff in there probably. Maybe e you could ship the clubs for a nominal price? Good luck!

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
2009CAN
Mouseketeer

I think the two golf bags or the two strollers would have to go. Unless you rent/buy one of those top luggage carriers for the top.
I have a Town & Country, which is the same as a Caravan, and I have three large car seats in ours. There are two in the back, and because of their size, the third row can no longer seat three people, just the two car seats. My third large car seat is in one of the second-row Captain's Chairs, which means entering from that side of the van is a no-go. The kids enter through the other side that has a Captain's Chair folded into the floor.
So, you'd have to put your two Large car seats in the back, have two adults in the second-row and two adults in the front row. In the back, youd be likely to fit three large bags, and maybe the fourth. And the golf backs could be on the floor behind the second-row and under the kids feet. That leaves the strollers. How big are they? Really your only option would be to put them under the adult feet in the second row? But it would depend on the size. If you get a minivan with out captains chairs in the second row, you will not have as much room
2009CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
nhmommy
Mouseketeer

It is helpful when trying to fit luggage in a tight space to use duffle bags rather then suitcases then if you need to you can remove some things and squish the bag into a tighter spot.
nhmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Not a chance. You would need to put some of it on the roof.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Emteach
DIS Veteran

I agree that would be a snug fit. I think the people and the suitcases, maybe one stroller (depending on the stroller types) would but maybe one set up clubs down the middle.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
Betty Rohrer
DIS Veteran

it is going to be very tight. are you able to use ME for part of you group? that way half of party would ride bus so most of luggage could be delivered and other part could pick up minivan to meet at resort. minivan would work for peoplejust not everything else
Betty Rohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
airplane
DIS Veteran

We are staying at SOG so no ME. The strollers are Graco so they are on the bigger side. I will look into shipping golf clubs if there are no other options. Could we put the men in the front and 2 kids with me in one row and other small adult with suitcases in other row? 1golf bag in front middle, 2 strollers and golf club in back?
airplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Are you talking about driving to WDW from home in that, or flying down and renting that at the airport for the trip from the airport to WDW? If it's just a rental from the airport, you could probably do this, though it would certainly not be a comfy trip. If it's for driving all the way from NJ to WDW, no way. You would need some kind of luggage carrier on top for some of that stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
MomofDisneyLoversx3
Mouseketeer

It might be cheaper to ship the suitcases vs the gold clubs. And I would just take the stuff out of the suitcases, stick it in a box and mail it.
MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
tobikaye
DIS Veteran

Most minivans have a second row of captain chairs so they only seat 2 and then a third row bench. If this is just for the ride from the airport then you should be okay. You will just have to be creative.

You can put things in the floorboards under feet if necessary. Maybe put the toddlers and smaller adult in the third row and fill up the middle section. It means the third row people would have to load first and then last.

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Walt Disney
tobikaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
toystorymom
DIS Veteran

I agree, if it's just from airport to the resort I think it could be done even though it wouldn't be the most comfortable ride. The suitcases might be tough, agree that large soft bags would work better, can kind of squish them in where there is room. Also the under the floor storage in the Grand Caravan and Town and Country is very nice, we've stored a lot in those spaces! Also with those models, you can fold one of the Captains chairs into the floor, (put 3 people in the back row) - you would have all that space to just pile up your luggage - again not ideal but would be ok for a short ride. Good luck!
toystorymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

No, 2 regular strollers will not fit with all of that other stuff. Consider renting strollers or renting 1 double stroller after you arrive.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

I would think about renting the strollers from a company down there first. Baby's Best Fried, is great. The suitcases will fit in the "way back" as we call it, then put the kids in the last row with the golf clubs laying on the floor, then 2 adults in the middle chairs and the other 2 in the front. That might work, you won't be able to put much between the first seats because there is a console there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: