Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Amirah95
I'm ALLLLLLMOST there!

Yep anova one...CBR or AoA?

Yeah, it's another one of those threads.

In a nutshell, the story is that I'll be taking my DD5 (who will be 6 on our next WDW vacation) and we're staying on-site for the first time. Just the two of us. Yay! And we're staying on-site because my DH and my DD17 are not going. Boo.

I'm planning this trip around my DD5 and I thought I had it all in the bag with CBR and now others are telling me to go to AoA.

OK is it because of the deco and the pools at AoA that is better than CBR? My DD5 would love to sleep in a Finding Nemo or a Little Mermaid themed room so that's why I chose CBR and then others are saying I should go for AoA because of that.

I didn't even look at the value resorts because of what I've read about them in the past...not sure if any of it's true because we stay off-site, but something about the walls are paper thin, the pools are too small, no shade, one place to eat, the farthest away from the parks, buses are full so get to the stop early, etc.

I am almost deciding against getting a rental car so which one would you go for if you had a 5 year old you wanted to make super happy all around...at the resort and at the parks.

Thanks!!

Proud Disboards.com Member! Park Commando & Roadtripping Family! Mom of 2 Girls! I my Grandboy!
Maleficent/Dr. Facilier/Oogie Boogie/Scar/Yzma Villains Pin Collector & Trader *WDW Planning Nut*
Packing for Kids Roadtrip Menu Stroller Debate Rider Switch Primer NJ Roadtrippers 2,000+ Mile Roadtrippers - II-III-IV
Amirah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

i'd probably go with AoA. Its perfect for her age (i know, so is CBR), but I think she would love the AoA pool. You can hear Dory & Nemo under water! how cool is that? Its a newer resort, whereas CBR is a bit dated. There are many who prefer mods. But i'd choose AoA over CBR for sure.

The only draw back to AoA Little Mermaid room is that its quite a walk to the main building. I heard its a nice walk, cause you go right thru Lion King. if you think about it, CBR is massive. If you get the wrong section, you just end up just as far, maybe further than LM!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

The pool at CBR has more to do at it than the one at AoA, if your daughter is at all interested in slides and sprays and such. The pool at CBR is smaller too, which might make it easier to keep your eyes on her.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: