Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
faithsmommy2005
Earning My Ears

August 2014 dream trip!

Hi all- this will be my daughter (age 9) and I first cruise. My aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins will be joining as well (ages 16,4, and 1). We are hoping to gain insight from any of you seasoned cruisers on to do's, what no to do's, and cabins! We are thinking of either adjoining cabins or rooms across from one another so we can have the freedom to have the kids in one especially for the day we stay at sea. Any help is appreciated! And oh can I get the in on all this lingo I see- DS, DD, etc; so LOST! Lol thanks 😁
faithsmommy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #2
faithsmommy2005
Earning My Ears

Should mention its for the 4 day trip to Bahamas on Disney Dream!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
faithsmommy2005
Earning My Ears

Heard DIS was the place to go...hope some help..lol please
Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
sparty1
Earning My Ears

Exclamation

Congrats on your first cruise! You'll have a great time! We're taking our first Disney cruise in March, 2014, but we've been on many others over the years. Don't know all the lingo, but DS=dear son DD=dear daughter, DH=dear husband, DW=dear wife, etc. Seems like you've got the LOL, IMHO, etc down? There are so many helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get much info. Have you tried the Disney Mom link for info from the Mom who officially represents Disney? I got there from the Disney website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmommy2005 View Post
Hi all- this will be my daughter (age 9) and I first cruise. My aunt, uncle, and 3 cousins will be joining as well (ages 16,4, and 1). We are hoping to gain insight from any of you seasoned cruisers on to do's, what no to do's, and cabins! We are thinking of either adjoining cabins or rooms across from one another so we can have the freedom to have the kids in one especially for the day we stay at sea. Any help is appreciated! And oh can I get the in on all this lingo I see- DS, DD, etc; so LOST! Lol thanks ��
sparty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
faithsmommy2005
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty1 View Post
Congrats on your first cruise! You'll have a great time! We're taking our first Disney cruise in March, 2014, but we've been on many others over the years. Don't know all the lingo, but DS=dear son DD=dear daughter, DH=dear husband, DW=dear wife, etc. Seems like you've got the LOL, IMHO, etc down? There are so many helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get much info. Have you tried the Disney Mom link for info from the Mom who officially represents Disney? I got there from the Disney website.
Thanks! I super appreciate that. I know their is cruise lingo too ...I should just google it all. Disney moms seems like a good idea. I just want to prepare myself as much as possible!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
sparty1
Earning My Ears

UR welcome, and I totally understand you wanting to prepare as much as possible. I've been researching everything I can so our 8yo won't miss out on anything when we go! Think I'm as excited as she is:-) Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithsmommy2005 View Post
Thanks! I super appreciate that. I know their is cruise lingo too ...I should just google it all. Disney moms seems like a good idea. I just want to prepare myself as much as possible!!
sparty1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: