Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Any recent reviews of Il Mulino?

Hello everyone,

I really wanted to go to CG this trip as I've never been but I read somewhere that they are now pushing the completion date back to November/December so it looks like that won't be happening Anyway, I've been to Narcoosees already and my df and I are going to be in Epcot that night and we both love Italian so we are thinking about trying Il Mulino. There are only a few reviews here but all seem to be positive but I was wondering if there were any recent reviews and if so what did you get? Thanks!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

bumping this anyone
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

My last time dining at Il Mulino was December 2012, 4 months ago.

I've never had a bad meal or bad service here. Sometimes, especially if you are seated in the side room, it can be noisy. The main dining area is usually a bit quieter. If you are ok with the noise level at Ca Grill, you should be fine here.

The menu is quite large. In December I had one of the specials that was a grilled fish dish. It was quite good. I also love the mushroom risotto here. The portions are quite large but you can get half orders of the pastas.

Because the entrees are large and you get an amuse bouche, I don't usually get an appetizer. The tiramisu dessert, if you like it, is extraordinary but definitely large enough for two people.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

Why thank you Pakey and I love the mushroom risotto at Le Cellier so I'm sure I'd love this one too I was looking at the chicken parm but not sure what kind of cheese they use as they only state Italian and I am picky about my cheese but everything looks very very good!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizprincess27 View Post
Hello everyone,

I really wanted to go to CG this trip as I've never been but I read somewhere that they are now pushing the completion date back to November/December so it looks like that won't be happening Anyway, I've been to Narcoosees already and my df and I are going to be in Epcot that night and we both love Italian so we are thinking about trying Il Mulino. There are only a few reviews here but all seem to be positive but I was wondering if there were any recent reviews and if so what did you get? Thanks!!
I have been wondering the same thing? I try and look at Trip Advisor to read reviews too! I am planning on going in September

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

We love Il Mulino...one of our favs (just don't sit in a side-room if you're a small party )...feel free to take a look at our dinner experience there if you haven't already seen it...(there's more about the "side-room" thing in our review, LOL!)

Our Il Mulino Dining Experience
Old 04-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

To JWFLA422 I did see your review and the food looked very good and I will make a note to self to ask to be seated elsewhere thank you!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

I ate there a few months ago and enjoyed an outstanding meal. I had a half order of the rigatoni with mushrooms, garlic and white truffle oil; the veal saltimbocca; and a side of sauteed escarole (and some excellent wine, too). The pasta was perfectly al dente; something too many places in the U.S. get wrong. There was some free antipasti, too...I left VERY full.

The food isn't dazzling compared to the best U.S. Italian restaurants, but it is very competent, comforting and delicious. I also received virtually flawless and knowledgeable service (of course, YRMV). While not an inexpensive restaurant, I think they do offer one of the better quality/value ratios in WDW.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
skunk
Teach Me How To Bucky

We dine at Il Mulino every trip(returning again on 5-11). I usually get chicken parm, DW gets jumbo shrimp, and we share a pasta dish. Following is a recent DIS review, if you haven't seen already:

DIS Unplugged - Il Mulino Review - 02/26/13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXfxCrKLC1w

Last edited by skunk; 04-24-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: corrected date
skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
dizprincess27
DIS Veteran

I can't view this youtube video and I tried to downloan the new Adobe but something isn't working right oh well thanks anyway
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We are also going to Il Mulino for the first time this summer, so I'll be trolling this thread to see other comments. We have now been to WDW several times, but have never set foot in the Swan or Dolphin, so we're looking forward to exploring a new area for us...but mostly to eating here.

As with any restaurant (Disney or otherwise), I have seen reviews all over the spectrum for Il Mulino, but there certainly seem to be a whole lot more good ones than bad, so we're going in with pretty high expectations. I noticed recently that the guys from the DIS Unplugged podcast did a review of Il Mulino, which is available either as audio or video, complete with photos and a cooking demo with the chef. I'm being lazy and not posting the link, but if you click on "dining" above and find your way to the menu for Il Mulino, the video review should be right there at the top. It gives a very good overall look at the restaurant and, thankfully, is a great review overall. I have seen/heard several reviews of Disney restaurants from these guys, and they don't pull any punches. If it is good, they'll make sure you know it...but if it's awful, they'll also be very clear about that.

[EDIT: just realized you already tried to see the DIS review on Youtube but had trouble...hopefully, going straight through this website and watching here will give you a different result...if all else fails, download the audio podcast.]
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
imLissy
Mouseketeer

Ate there this past feb for the fourth time, always always delicious and amazing service. My husband and my dad always get the chicken parm, they say it's really good. My mom and I shared the mushroom risotto last time, yummmmmm!
imLissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Dis Unplugged review from Feb 26, 2013

Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
mrzrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
Dis Unplugged review from Feb 26, 2013

Doh! Didn't see you already tried that.

Try to watch from the DIS website instead, or you can listen from this webpage as well

http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/02/...-orlando-show/
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzrich View Post
Doh! Didn't see you already tried that.

Try to watch from the DIS website instead, or you can listen from this webpage as well

http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/02/...-orlando-show/
WOW, that's it..were going back there next visit!! ...and you can bet I'm ordering that Parpardelle dish!! Not only does it look amazing, but I swear I could smell it right through my computer screen!! It's after midnight and NOW I'm hungry!!

Does anyone know if they validate parking for dining here..or if you can use your TIW card for comp. valet parking, I know they take the TIW but not sure about the valet parking since it's not Disney owned?

Last edited by jwfla422; 04-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: