Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
WebmasterShaun
DIS Veteran

New DIS Unplugged Feed

Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of moving both the Orlando show and the Disneyland show over to brand new feeds. We've worked to make the switch pretty seamless so it should be a smooth transition. Here are some notes to keep in mind:
  • If you subscribe and listen in iTunes, no changes are required on your part. iTunes will recognize the new feed for the show and will continue to update and play as usual. Depending on your settings in iTunes, there is a chance that some of the older shows could be marked as unplayed when it sees the new feed, however I'm hoping that this isn't the case.
  • If you subscribe to the shows with just the RSS feed, you may need to use/bookmark the new feeds which are linked below. All of the links around the site that point to the feeds and individual shows have also been updated so they should work fine.

DIS Unplugged - Orlando Edition:
http://www.disunplugged.com/podcast.xml

DIS Unplugged - Disneyland Edition
http://www.disunplugged.com/podcast-dl.xml

Like I said, this will hopefully be a seamless switch and there will be no problems. If you do notice anything odd or need help troubleshooting any issues, just reply to this thread and I will keep an eye on it and check back.

Thanks!!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Thanks for the heads up Shaun. I use iTunes and when I checked now it was showing that the old shows were unplayed, even though I had listened to them already.

For those that have the same issue, it is easy to mark them all as listened by selecting them all in iTunes and right (command) click on them to get the popup menu and select "Mark as Played".
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Thanks Shaun.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

That would probably explain why I saw some duplicates on iTunes yesterday.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Shaun - I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but will the podcasts be available as video podcasts in the future? Some podcasts I subscribe to have video uploads as well on the itunes feed. It isn't a big deal if it can't be done - I try to catch the show live but the parts I miss (interrupted by work) I watch on youtube. I was wondering more out of curiousity. Thanks for everything!

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Jen5064
Earning My Ears

Hi Shaun, I'm having trouble downloading old shows in iTunes. I can download back to about the end of May 2012, but after that date I get error messages. I've even tried to download old episodes that I have listened to in the past without any luck. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed to see if that would reset something. Do you have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Could this be related to the move? Thanks!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post
Shaun - I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but will the podcasts be available as video podcasts in the future? Some podcasts I subscribe to have video uploads as well on the itunes feed. It isn't a big deal if it can't be done - I try to catch the show live but the parts I miss (interrupted by work) I watch on youtube. I was wondering more out of curiousity. Thanks for everything!
I think Pete said on the first show that they won't upload the video shows up to the feed because of the cost of it. Most of the shows that I subscribe to that put up video as well only do it monthly.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #8
WebmasterShaun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post
As of right now, no, there is no plan to have a separate feed dedicated to just the video podcasts. In order to do that, we would have to host the video files ourselves and that gets very expensive in terms of bandwidth. So we'll just continue using YouTube and Livestream to host the videos.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I think Pete said on the first show that they won't upload the video shows up to the feed because of the cost of it. Most of the shows that I subscribe to that put up video as well only do it monthly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterShaun View Post
As of right now, no, there is no plan to have a separate feed dedicated to just the video podcasts. In order to do that, we would have to host the video files ourselves and that gets very expensive in terms of bandwidth. So we'll just continue using YouTube and Livestream to host the videos.
Thanks for letting me know. EastYorkDisneyFan, I must've missed it -- that happens to me when I try to participate in chat and actively listen (teaches me to go back and listen to the audio show even when I watch live!) Shaun -- thanks for everything you guys do - the live show has been fantastic!

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Disneybridein2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Lita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen5064 View Post
Hi Shaun, I'm having trouble downloading old shows in iTunes. I can download back to about the end of May 2012, but after that date I get error messages. I've even tried to download old episodes that I have listened to in the past without any luck. I have unsubscribed and resubscribed to see if that would reset something. Do you have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Could this be related to the move? Thanks!
I am having this issue also. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
KingSpeedy
Earning My Ears

Similar issue using the direct xml feed. I did some digging and it seems like after a certain point the links in the <enclosure url> tags simply aren't live anymore. You can still hit the mp3s directly on wdwinfo.com/podcast, but a podcast catcher won't be able to get them until the feed is fixed.
KingSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Quote:
Also having the same issue. I didn't realize this thread was here, so I started my own... Maybe someone will have an answer?

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
WebmasterShaun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, I missed your question when it first came up. I just made some edits to the feed that should fix this problem. It may take a couple days for iTunes and other podcast readers to update, but it the issue should be resolved when they do.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
Jen5064
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterShaun View Post

Sorry, I missed your question when it first came up. I just made some edits to the feed that should fix this problem. It may take a couple days for iTunes and other podcast readers to update, but it the issue should be resolved when they do.
Thank you, Shaun. I will give the fix some time to update iTunes and try again.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
Lita
Mouseketeer

It is working for me now, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Lita is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: