Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #31
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Count me as another who has never had a bad meal at Chefs. Its true that they really pack the tables in and the service we have had was always at least adequate, but never reached great. The flat bread with bacon is one of the best things I have ever eaten.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
tracyheartsmickey
Mouseketeer

We ate at Chef's last October for dinner. The service was horrible!! I waited & waited for a refill on my drink but our server never came around. I was able to stop one of the staff that passed by us, explaining that I needed something to drink. She said, "I am not a server" and kept walking. I didn't expect her to get me a drink, but I thought she would find our server and tell him that we were in need of a refill, but NOPE! That was not her job.
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #33
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Wow! I am glad I asked this question! Several things I have learned that I did not know:

1. The feel of the place is not 'fancy', as I thought it was, despite being over priced. (Fact)

2. Many servers are rude and inattentive. (Ok, opinion... But a common opinion.)

3. The tables are too crowded together. (Fact) This is why I no longer enjoy Biergarten. Seems the tables have gotten closer and closer together over the years. Last year, I could barely get out of my chair and I am pretty small.

4. Well behaved children seemed to be unwelcome (opinion) and wait staff was annoyed at kids splitting an adult meal. (Fact)

The combination of these things which are important to me are making me reconsider...

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #34
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

While we love lunch there we will never go back for dinner again. It was very rushed and the food wasnt hot, it seemed that everything was already prepared and sitting under heat lamps until someone ordered them. The short ribs was a huge piece of fat, the chicken very dry, the steak terrible and tough. Just not a place we would go back to.

Lunch on the otherhand was excellent!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #35
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Huh. We had a delightful dinner there and would do it again. If I had to find a complaint about the experience it would be that they sure do pack those tables in! It wasn't any louder than any other Disney restaurant (and honestly, whoever is designing these things has GOT to do a better job with the acoustics).

The food was delicious. Our waiter (an extremely tall guy) was super gracious, polite and charming. I know the menu says something about "no substitutions" but he let me sub a side item out and was super pleasant about it. Couldn't have been nicer.

I think with any Disney restaurant you have to try it for yourself and see. Opinions are just that. Opinions.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #36
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

A few months ago I was in a similar boat to you. I have never been to Les Chef Des France but it had been on my mom's and mines Disney bucket list for a long time and we both decided we needed to go there. I am SO SO SO SO SO glad we went with our instinct and made a reservation there. Both my mom and I loved it and we would go back without question. We had an amazing server, got to meet remy (He only makes his rounds occasionally and we happened to be there at the right time) and on top of that our food was AMAZING!!!! I got a Ham and Cheese Quiche which was beyond delicious and my mom got french onion soup which she LOVED!!!!

Yeah you definitely should at least go and see what you think of it yourself, I mean people have different opinons all the time about places and if someone pans the place it doesn't mean you wouldn't like it.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #37
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
Wow! I am glad I asked this question! Several things I have learned that I did not know:

1. The feel of the place is not 'fancy', as I thought it was, despite being over priced. (Fact)

2. Many servers are rude and inattentive. (Ok, opinion... But a common opinion.)

3. The tables are too crowded together. (Fact) This is why I no longer enjoy Biergarten. Seems the tables have gotten closer and closer together over the years. Last year, I could barely get out of my chair and I am pretty small.

4. Well behaved children seemed to be unwelcome (opinion) and wait staff was annoyed at kids splitting an adult meal. (Fact)

The combination of these things which are important to me are making me reconsider...
Just want to comment on 2,3 and 4...we had a great server, very attentive. NOT gushing but professional and attentive. The tables seemed no closer to me than any other wdw restaurant. Our children were very welcome. The waitress complimented their French and had a lovely conversation withe them.

We enjoyed it and will go back.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #38
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Have been 4 times. Food is really good. Service was another story twice. But it was not that they ignored us or were slow. They were too attentive. Like when we asked for sauce on the side the waiter insisted we would love it. When I couldn't eat all my onion soup, and braised ribs. They were all over me like what is wrong can we get you something else that you will eat. Really it was just that I knew I couldn't eat all the food they served and still eat my creme brulee. They try too hard! Makes for an uncomfortable experiance!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #39
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

We had a very good dinner at Chefs last year. Even my super-picky DS enjoyed it. Our server was excellent.

After reading this thread, I decided to book a lunch for our upcoming trip. I snagged a 12:00pm reservation, so hopefully we'll see Remy on his 12:30 rotation!

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #40
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post

Keeping a running tab of complaints of each restaurant and using it as the deciding factor as to whether you eat there or not is pretty much going to rule out every restaurant in Disney!

These establishement feed hundreds/thousands of people each week! Every diner has his or her individual expectation, which will differ from mine, yours and everybody else! As far as close tables, well that's the norm at Disney, no different at Le Cellier, Raglands, and a miriad of others. The goal is to pack em in, and get them out for the next herd! It's about money, none of these restaurants are creating a small and intimate dining experience for you! Nor will you get competitive prices at these restaurants, you're in the parks, Disney has you, they set the price! At these venues, cost is sledom indicative of quality or ambiance, far from it!

Take opinions and information given with a grain of salt! For the few comments you do get, there are thousands of diners who will never write in a blog, or access the DIS and or give a restaurant review!

And with all of that, I've still had some great meals at Disney, sometimes great, good and bad service from the same rest. but I return to soem of these because they've over time met my realistic expectations of Disney dining!

Now, at my home restaurants, I have a whole other set of expectations!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 04-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #41
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Z View Post
Have been 4 times. Food is really good. Service was another story twice. But it was not that they ignored us or were slow. They were too attentive. Like when we asked for sauce on the side the waiter insisted we would love it. When I couldn't eat all my onion soup, and braised ribs. They were all over me like what is wrong can we get you something else that you will eat. Really it was just that I knew I couldn't eat all the food they served and still eat my creme brulee. They try too hard! Makes for an uncomfortable experiance!
Man, I wish I had had that server. Maybe my dining experience there would have been vastly different!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #42
4orm
Disney bride dreaming of buying DVC

When we went the meal I had with heirloom potatoes wasn't bad, but the chicken crepe my husband had was appalling. He refused to choke down the obviously frozen, cubed chicken in it. I tried it and he wasn't over reacting - it was that bad. A tv dinner might have tasted better. Our server was fantastic, though. The place is beautiful, but the food is average or just plain bad.

1981 - 1989 DL & DW many times*1997 - POFQ*2004 - GF & POR (married @ WDW)*2005 - AKL & BCV*2005 - CR, Poly & BWV (f&w)*2006 - DLH*2007 - DLRP*2007 - Dolphin*2008 Swan & WL (f&w)*2010 CR&Swan (DD 1st bday and f&w)*2011 Swan/SSR (DD 2nd bday and f&w)*2012 BLT, AKL, CSR for my pirate girl (DD 3rd bday and f&w)
4orm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #43
skellinton
Mouseketeer

Shoot, we have early dinner reservations there, maybe I should switch to lunch. What is the earliest time Remy comes out, and what would be a good reservation time for that?
skellinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #44
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

We have a reservation here next week for dinner. It's not my first choice but hubby really wanted to go.

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #45
matthewclabaugh
I Love Disney!!

We found it to be the absolute worst restaurant on property. The waiter was absolutely rude... we waited 2 hours between app and entree... the food was all bland... and when we mentioned something to the manager she didn't care... don't waste your time or money or ts credits

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: