Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
cruiserx
Earning My Ears

Booking Port Adventures Onboard

Assuming that a port adventure isn't sold out, can someone tell me how late can I wait before booking a port adventure onboard? For example, if we are arriving in port on Friday, will I still be able to book adventures on Wednesday? how about Thursday?

I am looking at several port adventures for our upcoming Alaska cruise, but didn't want to commit to too many, until we see how the kids (ds6, dd3) enjoy the first adventure.

Thanks.
cruiserx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
clten
DIS Veteran

If they have space available, I believe they will sell them up until they pull into port. I know on every cruise they announce that port adventures are still available and the port adventures desk usually has hours the night before and sometimes morning of (Port Adventures can be booked at GS when the Port Adventure desk isn't open). They just need to be able to give the tour operator a final count before they send the people their way.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

When we were in the med on the Magic in 2011, we had intended to do monte Carlo on our own but there was an accident on the railway line and we ended up going back to the ship as the boys wanted to swim instead - I went to the excursions desk and was able to get myself the last place on the afternoon Monaco excursion about an hour or so before the tour was about to depart

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

My parents booked their Blue Lagoon island day the day before port, no problems.

I would caution against late booking if you know there are limited amounts. For example, we reserved our Sea Lion encounter asap on the Disney website because animal encounters can sell out. The beach day on the other hand, they probably can never sell out since all it is is ferry and lunch to the island.

I don't see why you wouldn't book if you knew what you wanted to do. For instance, DCl doesn't charge your credit card when you make an excursion reservation, so it's really not a loss. You get charged after you go on it. So its not really too risky to book your name for an excursion.

The reason we didn't book the island ahead of time for my folks is because we surprised them when we got on the cruise and didn't tell them we were going to be there until we all met at the Contemporary Resort restuarant and sprung the surprise on them. Then we wanted to make sure that was what they wanted. Otherwise we would have reserved them all ahead of time.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: