DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
moran66
Mouseketeer

BLT January

I just submitted my contract (akl) for the ROFR process and I am going to try to stay at BLT tower and book 7 months out for maybe 9 days... if I were to go lets say 9 days starting jan 17th would I be able to book that starting on june 17th or 9 days after that (I know I read 8am est somewhere but no mention of the exact date I can call MS) I am sure this had to be answered before but I havent seen it. Also I am guessing jan isnt that busy of a month so any idea what my chances are getting a standard or lake studio at BLT? thanks !
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
johnsbelt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moran66 View Post
I just submitted my contract (akl) for the ROFR process and I am going to try to stay at BLT tower and book 7 months out for maybe 9 days... if I were to go lets say 9 days starting jan 17th would I be able to book that starting on june 17th or 9 days after that (I know I read 8am est somewhere but no mention of the exact date I can call MS) I am sure this had to be answered before but I havent seen it. Also I am guessing jan isnt that busy of a month so any idea what my chances are getting a standard or lake studio at BLT? thanks !
I'm not looking at a calendar but if your dates fall on MLK weekend, you might have an issue with getting into BLT (any view). You probably will have an issue getting a standard view since those are typically gone quickly. Lake view is the largest category and also the easiest rooms to reserve.

John
johnsbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

As noted by the PP, MLK is 1/20/14, which may be busier than usual, but I bet you would be able to get a LV room. The standard view rooms are very difficult to get at 7 months, but you never know until you try.

You can book non-home resorts 7 months prior to your arrival date. You can only book 7 consecutive nights at the 7 month mark, so you will need to get online each of the next two days to add the 8th and 9th night. Again, I don't think you will have any problem during that time of year.

You can book on-line starting at 8AM Eastern. If you choose to call, MS opens the phone lines at 9AM Eastern. The online system is fairly easy to use, so you may want to try that, since that 1 hour can make a difference between getting a Std view vs. Lake view at BLT.

Since you just submitted for ROFR, it may take close to two months to get entered into the system. You may be beyond the June 17th date, but I still think you may be OK for BLT. If not, you can always waitlist. Nine day stays are also a good opportunity to try a split stay at two different resorts.

Good luck with ROFR!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
moran66
Mouseketeer

Great to hear thanks and my dates are flexable so I will probly try to stay away of MLK ... thanks again!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

If you can actually reserve when the 7 month window opens, you will be able to get BLT lake view and most likely theme park view, even for MLK weekend which is actually not a high DVC demand time. But waiting beyond seven months creates a risk of being blocked out even if you wait only a short while because once the 7 month window opens things can fill quickly for any near park resorts. You will most likely not be able to get standard view which is very often filled before 7 months out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: