Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post

Another fun place to go and play games insde are the value resorts or the Contemporary. it's not free but it is fun and the others can be ther or outside relaxing or wherever relaxing without paying.
What kind of free games are at those resorts?
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
What kind of free games are at those resorts?
No free games. These are the arcades at those resorts. Every game costs money.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #18
evabraniff
Mouseketeer

Disney quest is EXPENSIVE. When we went last week, we had two vouchers for free admission, still had to pay almost $40 for DD7, and over half the games were out of order or not working right. DD got bored very by fast, and since there are no strollers allowed in the building (which is dumb if you ask me) DS2 was all over the place and there is VERY little he could do. We were extremely disappointed with it, your time would be better spent elsewhere.

May 2012 : Coronado Springs
May 2013 : Caribbean Beach Resort
evabraniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
IwannaseeMickey
Mouseketeer

I was Nader the impression that once you got in, the games are free? Is that not the case? We were planning to go with our watermarks and more package.
IwannaseeMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaseeMickey
I was Nader the impression that once you got in, the games are free? Is that not the case? We were planning to go with our watermarks and more package.
They are.

A few extras cost, but games are free.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #21
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

We went for the first time last May when I took DS#1 on a mom and me trip. We had a blast. DS wanted to go back, so I upgraded us to DQ season passes (we had APs and tat was the cheapest route). We ended up going back quite a bit because it rained so much of our trip, and since we stayed at SSR we were in walking distance. I did not find it dirty at all.

When we went as a family at Thanksgiving, I took my older three while DH took our youngest to a movie and lunch. We only went one day,but it was a great time. My older two went off on their own, checking in every hour (same floor). I hung out with DS#3. He was too short for a few things, but there was plenty to do. Each floor is sectioned off. One of the floors is sectioned off with little kid games much like chuckie e cheese. I should have had DH take in DS#4 (then 2yo). When I went with my oldest, we didn't pay attention to that section. If you hated video games, but were with a large group, you could hang out on the 4 th or 5 th floor at the dining areas. They are very nice--and quiet.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #22
ppony
Artist in residence

Others will have hands on experience, but something we did to gauge if it was going to be worth it for us was just a few minutes before closing, they let is walk through the place to check it out. Our oldest son was 6 then and there was nothing for him. Now that he's 13, I'd consider letting him hang out there for part of the day, but it has nothing for my DH and I and definitely will freak out my autistic son.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
freckles04
DIS Veteran

My DS was 8 when we went last year. We went in the afternoon to get out of the heat... well, so did EVERYONE ELSE! He especially loves the racing games where you use the steering wheel and pedals. They had a room full of them. But the place was very crowded and no one was very polite about playing one or two games on a machine and then letting someone else have a turn. He mostly stuck to the vintage arcade game room and had tons of fun in there (Pac Man, Dig Dug, etc).

So this year we are going back, but we're going to go right at opening and hopefully have a lot less crowds.

Also... we have WPF&M tickets and utilize the water parks too. I'd never pay that crazy admission to DQ OOP.
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: