Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
drewswife
Mouseketeer

I need encouragement from walkers

I have officially registered for the TOT 10miler. I am walking at a solid 15 minute mile pace - usually between 3 and 5 miles 3 times a week. I would love to hear from any of you who have walked any of the rundsiney races.

Thanks so much
Old 04-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
goofeygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewswife View Post
I have officially registered for the TOT 10miler. I am walking at a solid 15 minute mile pace - usually between 3 and 5 miles 3 times a week. I would love to hear from any of you who have walked any of the rundsiney races.

Thanks so much
Plenty of folks out there! There is one poster here who walked the entire Goofy challenge!
I walked the 5k at a stroll. It was like walking in the park, litteraly.

I walked and ran the half marathon.
I mostly walked fast but did some jog in the full.

You are doing fine! I find the best workout is to get out. I walk a lot of hills just to get my legs in shape.

If you are going to walk a race, Disney is the one to do it in .
goofeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I inadvertently wound up walking most of last year's TOT - I was injured going in and was only able to run intervals for the first couple miles. After that, I attempted a run every couple miles, but mostly walked. Compared to mostly running a Disney race, it's really not different - the scenery just goes by more slowly! A 15:00/mile average pace will be fine to get you through. Key is training for the distance of your race while maintaining that pace.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
drewswife
Mouseketeer

thank you!!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
>Ash<
Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

TOT 10 Miler

Hi O.P

im signed up for the 10 miles too. i walk a 13min per mile pace, i can ocassionally jog for 30-60 seconds every mile. My amputee stops me from jogging fully.

key is training, when i signed up i too was anxious, but the DIS community talked me through it and ive learnt that aslong as i can keep pace i can do it.

so can you!

keep checking in with us and let us know your progress we are still a solid 5 months of training away from the event. keep going, keep training, eat right and you will succeed.

when you feel like you cant do somthing, tell yourself you can, prove to yourself you are stronger than quitting. as long as your mind and heart are in the right place you will be succesful i assure you.

i will see you at the race, look for the short kid from england with the prosthetic leg singing along to his ipod and you found me haha

>Ash< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by >Ash< View Post
Hi O.P

im signed up for the 10 miles too. i walk a 13min per mile pace, i can ocassionally jog for 30-60 seconds every mile. My amputee stops me from jogging fully.

key is training, when i signed up i too was anxious, but the DIS community talked me through it and ive learnt that aslong as i can keep pace i can do it.

so can you!

keep checking in with us and let us know your progress we are still a solid 5 months of training away from the event. keep going, keep training, eat right and you will succeed.

when you feel like you cant do somthing, tell yourself you can, prove to yourself you are stronger than quitting. as long as your mind and heart are in the right place you will be succesful i assure you.

i will see you at the race, look for the short kid from england with the prosthetic leg singing along to his ipod and you found me haha
Inspiration for all. Congratulations for your determination.

To OP, here is a great thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2808831. You can do it.
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: