Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Orlando airport breakfast options

Assuming all goes according to plan, we'll be arriving in Orlando pretty early on the morning of our cruise - about 8:30am. Can anyone recommend a place to have a sit down breakfast at the airport? I would rather not hop the first DCL bus and sit at the cruise terminal from 9:30-12:00 with an antsy toddler. Might as well kill 45 minutes with a solid meal while still at the airport.

I was thinking maybe the Hyatt?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

What airline? Depending on what you're flying, you've got some additional options through security.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #3
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Here is the map that shows all the shops and dining on both sides of security.
http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

The first bus won't get you there until about 10:40 or so. Port does not officially open until 11:00. Boarding begins about 11:30-11:45.

Lunch is served as soon as you get onboard.

But, if you want to eat in the airport then the Hyatt and a nice restaurant and there is a food court in the airport with many fast food offerings. There is also a Starbucks (our choice for quick breakfast the morning of the cruise) right outside the Hyatt.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
lorenni
DIS Veteran

We'll be flying Southwest. I can't eat gluten so fast food is pretty much a non-starter for me. I would guess 90% of my accidental gluten incidents have been due to me starving in airports during business travel and eating something I hoped was safe!

If the Hyatt has a breakfast option and the first bus doesn't leave for an hour or so after we land, then that sounds like a good idea. How far is the Hyatt from the bus?

Last edited by lorenni; 04-22-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
lorenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

There's an Au Bon Pain inside security in the Southwest terminal;(if memory serves) you should be able to find something to accommodate a gluten-free diet.

Breakfast menu for the Hyatt is here: http://hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels...Menu092012.pdf
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

We had breakfast in the food court just this week and it was typical fast food fare but hit the spot and kept us going until lunch. There is ample seating and shopping in the area and my little one loved to watch the fish in the small aquarium in the center of the food court. The Hyatt is maybe a 5-8 minute walk from the shuttle area.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that Hyatt menu - looks perfect. The problem with fast food is that even the breakfast (or lunch or dinner) meats often have wheat in them ("modified food starch" is not my friend).

The Hyatt's omelets should do the trick!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: