Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

I write things down in a journal, and after we return home, I collect digital photos from everyone -- myself, daughter, husband, mother-in-law. I organize them by day on my hard drive and upload to a photo service (winkflash, shutterfly, etc.) I create pages in Photoshop 12 x 12 size (standard scrapbooking page) -- of our journey there (often a road trip), the ship, our servers, the food, the excursions, coming home, etc. Then I upload the pages and/or photos to an online photo book service. Winkflash has sales several times a year up to 100 pages for a set price. I think shutterfly's quality is better but you can't bet the Winkflash price. I make two books -- one for us and one for my inlaws. My inlaws really enjoy getting the "coffee table" book to read and show to their friends.

You don't have to know Photoshop or any other fancy programs -- just upload the photos to the canned layouts in the program, add a caption. I like to use just one big photo on the left side and a selection of photos on the right -- one spread to a topic.
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128

Last edited by texasgirl29; 04-23-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: clarification
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

One more thing -- I do a photo-heavy trip report. I have done a couple at cruisecritic.com but not on disboards because I didn't have even posts last summer.
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

I take notes throughout the trip (I used to by hand, but now I use my iPad). When I get home, I cut and paste into a word document and flesh it out. After I clean up my pictures and scan in memoribilia, I drop those in to the word document so I have one "master" memory source. For my Alaska trip last year, I decided to do a digital scrapbook with some details, but not to the level of my "master" document to supplement.

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

I did a travel blog for the first couple and then I got a coupon for a free shutterfly book. They are so much fun to do and they turn out so well.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #20
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Yay! I started on my Trip journal about Tues or so and finished it last night. It's over 20 fully typed 12 size font, no double spacing pages long!

It makes me realize how much an impression everything made on me, I tried to be 'present' and mentally at each moment, and even though I typed up my log 10-12 days after the trip, I remember details to fit 21 full typed pages.

And also a testiment to how much Disney has to offer for vacations!
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I always create a Shutterfly Photobook from every trip we make specific just to that trip. (I do an annual one too that picks up highlights of the trip along with the rest of the year.

In addition I write a trip report with my thoughts on it (more detailed than the photo book). Sometimes I post them, others I just have it on my computer. I'm hoping to eventually get my last cruise into the trip reports. It is written, but I haven't had time to add pictures so I haven't published it anywhere yet. I am focusing on the photobook in time for Mother's day.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: