Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,993

Contemporary Garden Wing for room block ?

Hi...
Helping my daughter to plan her April 2014 wedding. The room block has gotten us both frazzled. We think we know what we want finally. But a couple of our guests are interested in the Contemporary. Our wedding consultant sent us all the rates but only for the Garden Wing rooms ? Not the Tower rooms ? Is this an oversight ? Also, has anyone seen or stayed in the Garden Wing rooms recently---the discounted rate is good at $296 and I think the North wing is preferable to the South ?
We don't have many guests at all who will spring for a deluxe---we know them well. So our block will consist of French Quarter, POP and Movies. The rest are DVC and then only 2 people who might consider the Contemporary.

Thanks for any info.
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,574

I can't answer your question but just wanted to remind you that if you are providing transport to the wedding the more hotels you offer the more complicated that will be and perhaps more expensive.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I can't answer your question but just wanted to remind you that if you are providing transport to the wedding the more hotels you offer the more complicated that will be and perhaps more expensive.
This is good to know.....but many of us are staying at Bay Lake Tower on DVC, so this is why a couple guests were interested in Contemp. So this is something we'll have to look in to then---we various resorts. Our consultant Joe knows DVC is involved and never mentioned it would be an issue, but your point is well-taken.
Thanks !
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,659

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Our wedding consultant sent us all the rates but only for the Garden Wing rooms ? Not the Tower rooms ? Is this an oversight ?
You have to tell them specifically if you want any category of room besides Standard, which, at the Contemporary, is the Garden Wing. It would be the same if you were at BoardWalk Inn and wanted to offer Water-view rooms, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Also, has anyone seen or stayed in the Garden Wing rooms recently---the discounted rate is good at $296 and I think the North wing is preferable to the South ?
The North wing no longer exists—it was demolished to make way for Bay Lake Tower.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,993

Ahhh, thank you lurkyloo !!! And duh on me---I completely forgot the North wing was gone (and I own at Bay Lake so I should have known that !)
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer
 
dewingedpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 271

I did my room block reccently too. Know that the rates you're getting may not be the actual rates. I was quoted peak rates for my february wedding but told they maybe cheaper so keep a heads up when the actual prices drop they can ammend your contract.
__________________
Pi}{ie

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewingedpixie View Post
I did my room block reccently too. Know that the rates you're getting may not be the actual rates. I was quoted peak rates for my february wedding but told they maybe cheaper so keep a heads up when the actual prices drop they can ammend your contract.
Thank you ! We were quoted peak rates as well----was hoping it would be less since Easter is 2+ weeks after her wedding date ? But I suppose Spring Break crowds fall in to that "peak" category. We'll be wishful for lower rates !
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
rphelps27
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 42

We blocked the Garden Wing Rooms and when we checked in, we actually got bumped up to a room facing the MK. They told us they try to upgrade the bride and groom. Our other guests were in the Garden Wing and I stayed there the night before the wedding. The rooms were the same, minus the view.
I just got pics back so I will upload some this weekend!
rphelps27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphelps27 View Post
We blocked the Garden Wing Rooms and when we checked in, we actually got bumped up to a room facing the MK. They told us they try to upgrade the bride and groom. Our other guests were in the Garden Wing and I stayed there the night before the wedding. The rooms were the same, minus the view.
I just got pics back so I will upload some this weekend!
Thank you so much ! Awesome you got the upgrade !
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: