Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Aquaduck Wait Times?

Might be a silly question, but...Are wait times posted at the Aquaduck (Dream) like wait times are posted at Disney World? I'm picturing long waits on our cruise in August...
How will we know if it's worth it to wait (or if we have enough time before heading to a scheduled activity such as a MDR dinner)?
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurph View Post
Might be a silly question, but...Are wait times posted at the Aquaduck (Dream) like wait times are posted at Disney World? I'm picturing long waits on our cruise in August...
How will we know if it's worth it to wait (or if we have enough time before heading to a scheduled activity such as a MDR dinner)?
They do at the beginning of the line. I wouldn't wait more then 15-20 minutes. I waited 45 minutes when we were docked in Nassau then rode again the next day while at Castaway Cay with less then a 10 minute wait.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
They do at the beginning of the line. I wouldn't wait more then 15-20 minutes. I waited 45 minutes when we were docked in Nassau then rode again the next day while at Castaway Cay with less then a 10 minute wait.
wow - OK so it was that long of a wait when you were docked in Nassau!?! I would think that that would be a great time to ride it with a lot of people being off of the ship : (
Old 04-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
martikus
Mouseketeer

We decided if we could see the line it was too long for us. It's 5-10 minutes of line inside and then down the stairs and you can only see those waiting on the outside stairs.

We had no problems riding it at 9am on Castaway Cay day - rode 6 times in a row and could have ridden more.

When we got back from Nassau we got to ride a couple times without a wait and it got busier & busier as day went on.

Someone posted about wearing water shoes and I agree. If you have to wait outside on the stairs it is HOT (I was on dream - don't know if they fixed this on fantasy).

And definiteley at night when dinner/shows are going on the lines are tiny.
martikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by martikus View Post
We decided if we could see the line it was too long for us. It's 5-10 minutes of line inside and then down the stairs and you can only see those waiting on the outside stairs.

We had no problems riding it at 9am on Castaway Cay day - rode 6 times in a row and could have ridden more.

When we got back from Nassau we got to ride a couple times without a wait and it got busier & busier as day went on.

Someone posted about wearing water shoes and I agree. If you have to wait outside on the stairs it is HOT (I was on dream - don't know if they fixed this on fantasy).

And definiteley at night when dinner/shows are going on the lines are tiny.
Thanks for the tips - I will get us some water shoes!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

My DT and I waited 40 min after Castaway Cay. On a 3 day, it was our only option left and we were already still in swimsuits so we came aboard and got in line. It wasn't so bad. Junglebook was playing on Funnel vision.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
My DT and I waited 40 min after Castaway Cay. On a 3 day, it was our only option left and we were already still in swimsuits so we came aboard and got in line. It wasn't so bad. Junglebook was playing on Funnel vision.
nice to know you can watch a movie while you wait ; ) thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: