Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Beverages on the dining plan

Hi - A question about the beverages that are included with the dining plan. We often eat dinner at the resort and would have the refillable mug that's included. So, we wouldn't need a separate drink at dinner with our meal, but one would still be included. What sort of beverages are you allowed with meals? Can they be bottled beverages (water, soda, juice) so that we could save them to take with us to the park or for breakfast? My guess is that it's only fountain drinks that are included but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
cheesemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
briannesmom
Definitely not the kind of shot I would want to do
How does Tico the squirrel drive a car?
I won't be hitting the bottle much tonight

Bottled drinks are included. I don't remember if they had bottled soda but they did have juices, ice tea, water, milk and Monster energy drinks (my husbands favorite). We would fill our mugs to drink with our meal and save the bottled drinks for the parks or in the room.
briannesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They don't have bottled soda in the resort CS anymore, but they do sell them in the resort shops. of course, you can't use a CS credit in the shops (although you can use a snack credit).
Old 04-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We use to get bottle juice or milk as our drink, keep it and use our refill mug to have Coke with our counter service meal. we would have extra juices/milk for the girls to have with breakfast or later in the day as we didn't like them to have pop all day long.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They don't have bottled soda in the resort CS anymore, but they do sell them in the resort shops. of course, you can't use a CS credit in the shops (although you can use a snack credit).

If they don't have bottled soda in the resort CS then they just changed it. We were just there a few weeks ago for Easter and they did have bottled soda in the CS restaurants. I got at least one everyday at the food court in ASMo and I got a bottle of Diet Coke at Captain Cook's at the Poly.

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
katilac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykins1218 View Post
If they don't have bottled soda in the resort CS then they just changed it. We were just there a few weeks ago for Easter and they did have bottled soda in the CS restaurants. I got at least one everyday at the food court in ASMo and I got a bottle of Diet Coke at Captain Cook's at the Poly.
Yes, I can't imagine they have changed this. It wouldn't make any sense to offer more expensive bottled beverages like chocolate milk, juice, and energy drinks on the dining plan, while not allowing soda and water.

When my dd was younger, one of her favorite things about Disney was that she could have as much "made" chocolate milk as she wanted - that's what she called the Nestle Quick bottles. Even at 12, she'd be pretty sad if they changed that!
katilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #7
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katilac View Post
Yes, I can't imagine they have changed this. It wouldn't make any sense to offer more expensive bottled beverages like chocolate milk, juice, and energy drinks on the dining plan, while not allowing soda and water.

When my dd was younger, one of her favorite things about Disney was that she could have as much "made" chocolate milk as she wanted - that's what she called the Nestle Quick bottles. Even at 12, she'd be pretty sad if they changed that!
At Disney the milk is lower priced than bottles of soda or water.
V-8 is less, but OJ is more.
And she didn't say bottled soda was not allowed on the dining plan. She said it was no longer in the resort CS, which others say it is.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
Hi - A question about the beverages that are included with the dining plan. We often eat dinner at the resort and would have the refillable mug that's included. So, we wouldn't need a separate drink at dinner with our meal, but one would still be included. What sort of beverages are you allowed with meals? Can they be bottled beverages (water, soda, juice) so that we could save them to take with us to the park or for breakfast? My guess is that it's only fountain drinks that are included but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!
Yes . We use our mugs when we eat CS at the resort and get water or something else with our meal, which we save for later if we want something to take to the parks or anywhere else we don't want to take our mugs.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I was just at Allstar Music two weeks ago and they did not have any bottled soda in the food court. They had Monster and lemonade but no Coke, Diet Coke, etc.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Kellykins1218
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I was just at Allstar Music two weeks ago and they did not have any bottled soda in the food court. They had Monster and lemonade but no Coke, Diet Coke, etc.
All Star Movies had all of it. I was even able to get bottles of Caffeine free Diet Coke.

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!
Kellykins1218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: