Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

How do I

rent an r/v and have it ready and waiting for me upon arrival at the fort?

It's just 2 of us, so it doesn't have to be huge, but shower or at least toilet is mandatory. (Stupid bladder in the middle of the night )

We'd be driving down so we can bring food, lawn chairs, etc.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
rent an r/v and have it ready and waiting for me upon arrival at the fort?

It's just 2 of us, so it doesn't have to be huge, but shower or at least toilet is mandatory. (Stupid bladder in the middle of the night )

We'd be driving down so we can bring food, lawn chairs, etc.
Just call one of the Orlando local RV rentals. There are several that rent/set up rv's on the site you book through Disney. Enjoy your trip!
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Katrina,

You might possibly get more suggestions if you alter the title of your thread to be a little bit more descriptive. Such as "Who can recommend a trailer rental company?". Or something like that. You might get more replies that way.

By your number of posts you seem like an experienced DISser so use the "Search This Forum" function with key words like "rent", "camper", "trailer", "rental", etc. and you should find what you need also. We have had several threads in the recent past on this topic.

There are companies out there that rent popups, travel trailers, and fifth wheelers. I've also seen many "Cruise America" Class C RVs (cab over the top) at the Fort that are rented locally in Kissimmee.

You just reserve the site and let the rental company take care of the setup and take down.

Bama Ed
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)
plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 175
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
disnic75
Joe Rohde is so cool!

Checkout http://www.greenbergrvflorida.com/

We are renting from them for the first time for our trip next month.
They have been very helpful and respond promptly to emails.

disnic75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
katrina1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnic75 View Post
Checkout http://www.greenbergrvflorida.com/

We are renting from them for the first time for our trip next month.
They have been very helpful and respond promptly to emails.
Thanks for your help!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
katrina1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Just call one of the Orlando local RV rentals. There are several that rent/set up rv's on the site you book through Disney. Enjoy your trip!
Um, yeah I knew that. I was wondering if people had suggestions.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
katrina1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_ed View Post
Katrina,

You might possibly get more suggestions if you alter the title of your thread to be a little bit more descriptive. Such as "Who can recommend a trailer rental company?". Or something like that. You might get more replies that way.

By your number of posts you seem like an experienced DISser so use the "Search This Forum" function with key words like "rent", "camper", "trailer", "rental", etc. and you should find what you need also. We have had several threads in the recent past on this topic.

There are companies out there that rent popups, travel trailers, and fifth wheelers. I've also seen many "Cruise America" Class C RVs (cab over the top) at the Fort that are rented locally in Kissimmee.

You just reserve the site and let the rental company take care of the setup and take down.

Bama Ed
I don't think my title makes a difference, but thanks. As to the search, yes I know it exists, but it's been broken for months. i did not know it was back on. No need to be rude about it.

I don't know about rv's, so I don't know to search for different types of names on google as they mean nothing to me. I was just looking for help, not to be put down, but thanks anyway.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
Disney Bunny
DIS Veteran

Your question was how do I rent an RV and have it set up on site.....

North of Mouse did give you some information.....not everyone would have necessarily known that there are RV companies in the Orlando area that could do this for you.

Bama Ed was trying to help you as well. I saw nothing in his comments to you that was rude. I find him to be one of the most helpful people on this forum.

As far as doing a search on Google for Orlando RV companies, I just typed in "Orlando RV rental companies" and found about 8.

If anyone was rude, it was you with the attitude that you took with each of these posters.

Me and DH
Disney Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
katrina1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Bunny View Post
Your question was how do I rent an RV and have it set up on site.....

North of Mouse did give you some information.....not everyone would have necessarily known that there are RV companies in the Orlando area that could do this for you.

Bama Ed was trying to help you as well. I saw nothing in his comments to you that was rude. I find him to be one of the most helpful people on this forum.

As far as doing a search on Google for Orlando RV companies, I just typed in "Orlando RV rental companies" and found about 8.

If anyone was rude, it was you with the attitude that you took with each of these posters.
I beg to differ. I did not say anything rude to anyone, I simply responded and I said thanks to those who provided help rather than critising my question. Also 3 different members have sent me very nice, pleasant pm's with helpful answers as they too agreed I was unnecessarily attacked. I have never been treated in such a way on disboards before. They felt it necessary to pm rather than simply reply as they feared repercussion for siding with me. While I agree reading vs speaking can cause confusion, when 3 others privately back me I tend to think it was the responders and not me in this case.

Thank you for your google suggestion. I am currently working with one of the suggestions I received, but will do a full search to see what else is out there.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #10
mrsscooter
DIS Veteran

Hi! Check out these guys.....http://www.fortcamperrental.com/
This is the company my sister will be using for our trip in October. She is a single mom of two and will fly down from NY. We will be arriving the same day at the Fort. Curtis and Judy Swierk are great to talk with and so far, to work with. They rent pop ups, and are fully stocked with everything but the food!!! Even patio chairs and a carpet and cooler. They will have the pop up all set up and ready to go before you arrive, and they come and pack it all up after you check out. If you have children coming or you are a big kid yourself, they will "them" the camper in on of the many that you can choose from. Their rates are fabulous and like I said, their pop ups look immaculate. They also have a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FortCamperRental?fref=ts

Good Luck!!!! Let me know how you make out!!!! Oh, they also can grocery shop for you before you get there, for a surcharge.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I beg to differ. I did not say anything rude to anyone, I simply responded and I said thanks to those who provided help rather than critising my question. Also 3 different members have sent me very nice, pleasant pm's with helpful answers as they too agreed I was unnecessarily attacked. I have never been treated in such a way on disboards before. They felt it necessary to pm rather than simply reply as they feared repercussion for siding with me. While I agree reading vs speaking can cause confusion, when 3 others privately back me I tend to think it was the responders and not me in this case.

Thank you for your google suggestion. I am currently working with one of the suggestions I received, but will do a full search to see what else is out there.
Sorry for trying to help. Just looked back at mine and bama eds posts and didn't see anything there about attacking you or being critical of your question.

As Disney Bunny said, bama ed is probably one of the most helpful and 'least' critical people on this board.

Last edited by North of Mouse; 04-29-2013 at 09:58 PM.
North of Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
zmom
Mouseketeer

Also try www.floridacamperrental.com. Will is great to work with and they supply everything- chairs, awning, outdoor table, etc at no extra cost.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
Sundancer330
Earning My Ears

RV Rental-greenbergrvflorida.com

After a lot of research on RV rentals we used greenbergrvflorida.com this past March. Matt the owner was wonderful to work with, he has a great web site that shows what he has available. His campers are the best available, he keeps them updated unlike others who rent trailers that are ten plus years old. The day we arrived at the fort Matt pulled in with a brand new 30 foot trailer, he supplies everything you need. We even got a great deal on a golf cart for the week, about half of what Disney charges.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: