Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #1
chels20
Earning My Ears

Question Who has stayed at CB?

Hi all, Im considering staying at caribbean beach. Any reviews/ photos?
Thanks
chels20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We love CBR!! It has one of the best pools too. Our teenagers liked it the best of all the resorts we stayed at as well as our 3 year old. We find it a more relaxing resort. Beautiful grounds- feels like the carribbean. We always have gotten a preferred room though so dont know if that makes a difference. But we LOVE it!!!!
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
chels20
Earning My Ears

:)

Well thats good to know. I know alot of people have said the rooms were dirty?! which put me off a little.
But I guess its one of them, there will always be positive and negative reviews on all resorts.

Chelsea
chels20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We've never had a dirty room there. I heard they starting a refurb in Jamaica right now. So the rooms may be new anyway.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels20 View Post
Well thats good to know. I know alot of people have said the rooms were dirty?! which put me off a little.
But I guess its one of them, there will always be positive and negative reviews on all resorts.

Chelsea
I stayed at CBR in December, and the room I was in was not dirty. We had a little bug problem (bugs in the fridge cupboard), but one phone call took care of it. Bugs are a part of being in Florida, so I don't hold that against them.

The only thing I didn't like was the size of the resort. It is huge! However, I would still stay there again if I either had my own car or paid for a preferred room location. CBR is beautiful, and has many great places to hang out and relax.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Our family loved it there! The resort was so bright and sunny and tropical; it was very pleasant. It had the best pool of any resort we have stayed at; it has 2 slides and the toddler area was great. It was spread out which wasn't ideal. We stayed in Aruba but the closest bus stop was Jamaica. When we would get on a park bus, we were usually the last stop at the resort so we left immediately, and we were the first stop when returning to the hotel!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

We love CBR! The resort is beautiful, bright, and tropical. The rooms are large with lots of storage, and we have never had a dirty room. There are beautiful white, sandy beaches with friendly ducks and lovely hammocks to rest in. The main pool is great, and we like the food court. There are quiet pools in each village which we also really enjoy. Bus service has always been fine when we stayed at CBR. The resort is large but we like that because it seems like there are not many guests staying at the resort. We always request Jamaica or Aruba and these villages are a short walk across the bridge to the main pool, food court, and gift shop.

Have a good vacation and good luck with your decision.
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
eeyore344
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at CB 2 times. It is a very pretty resort. I would suggest the preferred room however. You will be closer to food court and pool that way.

. .....
eeyore344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764

We stayed in Feb 2008 when there was no availability anywhere to extend our stay. We were pleasantly surprised at just how quiet it was. We had two connecting rooms and had no complaints. If it wasn't for Riverside, we would stay at CBR.

71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Mrs Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Another CBR fan here. We've stayed there twice, both times in preferred rooms in Martinique. We went for the preferred room because my kids liked popping back and forth between the quiet pool and the theme pool as well as being close to the food court, arcade, gift shop etc. However, we did a lot of walking around the resort just for enjoyment and probably wouldn't have minded being a bit farther away, although I would avoid Trinidad South (AKA the pirate rooms) because that area is so isolated from the rest of the resort. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the food court and restaurant. It does feel authentically Caribbean and reminded me of my honeymoon in Barbados. I'm tempted to try POR next trip but we worry we might not love it as much as CBR.
Mrs Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
Dimaline312000
Mouseketeer

Stayed at CB in 2000 sorry I can't remember much but what I do remember is that it was a very nice room, pretty spacious and I bleive it had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and maybe even and Ironing Board but not sure about that. Overall what I do remember was very nice. It would definetly be a good choice.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Over the years, we have stayed at the CBR. As others have said very spread out. It has a cheery Caribbean atmosphere and the main pool and grounds are really beautiful. There are quiet pools at each 'island group' as well. Out of the moderate resorts, the rooms are the largest. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if the price is right! We like to go when discounted rooms are offered. We do have the forever cups from there as well so it works out well for us. Also, they do have laundry rooms near the quiet pools so you can swim if you have the need to wash clothes.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 AM   #13
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaline312000 View Post
Stayed at CB in 2000 sorry I can't remember much but what I do remember is that it was a very nice room, pretty spacious and I bleive it had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and maybe even and Ironing Board but not sure about that. Overall what I do remember was very nice. It would definetly be a good choice.
No microwaves in the room. However they do have them in the food court for guests to use.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
luvpalmtrees
Mouseketeer

We love CBR. We've stayed there 4 times with the 5th time in July. We wanted to try a different mod, but afraid we'll not like it as much, but we've visited all the resorts. We've stayed at all the values except ASM and AoA and like them but keep going back to CBR. We love everything about CBR, the Caribbean feel, the food court, the pool, the gift shop, etc. We have only stayed on Jamaica. That's what we always request, and luckily are request has always been met. I hope it will again in July. It feels like home to us. You will love it!!!
luvpalmtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
Tink415
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chels20 View Post
Hi all, Im considering staying at caribbean beach. Any reviews/ photos?
Thanks
CBR is fantastic! Look for the Sticky Resort Information Thread Links and you'll find a link for CBR with plenty of information, photos and reviews.
Tink415 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: