Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
TheLouCrew
Earning My Ears

A Ride Just For Laughs!

I know this website is meant for disney rumors and news, but I always thought this: in the 1980s, when planning for DHS, WDI was planning on making an elevator ride that was exhilarating but also family-friendly. And so, they asked Mel Brooks (the famous comedian) to help them with the project. Hence, the project was called "HotelMel". But then, Mel Brooks and WDI began arguing about the project and eventually Mel left the project to make another movie. Thus, this led to the idea of the "Tower of Terror".

In the 1990s, Disney did have rides with comedians such as Ellen Degeneres and Drew Carey. Ellen's Energy Adventure still operates today, but it's now outdated.

With so much talk about bringing back original and experimental content to the Disney parks, is it possible for Disney to make a new full-fleshed ride using the famous comedians of today?
TheLouCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
GWS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLouCrew View Post
With so much talk about bringing back original and experimental content to the Disney parks, is it possible for Disney to make a new full-fleshed ride using the famous comedians of today?
I think this would date an attraction too quickly. I am not against using a funny comedian however who we find funny today we may not find them funny in 5, 10 or 15 yrs. Also with generation gaps comedian’s popularity changes to frequently to keep it current and interesting.
Thinking of some of the comedians they used in the past, Tim Allen, Whoopi Goldberg and Drew Carey, just to name a few. All had or were placed in an attraction and look where those attractions are now….gone.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

The technology behind the current Jack Sparrow attraction at Hollywood Studios could make for a very cool holographic stand up club. They could randomize which stand up artists that you get in a 20 minute session.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
TheLouCrew
Earning My Ears

I agree with the Stand-Up idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedog1975 View Post
The technology behind the current Jack Sparrow attraction at Hollywood Studios could make for a very cool holographic stand up club. They could randomize which stand up artists that you get in a 20 minute session.
I actually think that's a good idea. The Jack Sparrow interactive show seems too cheesy. Plus, there is already a Priates show coming to the Magic Kingdom in the summer. This would be something new and original for DHS.
TheLouCrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney rides outdated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: