Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
susie96
Earning My Ears

A different stroller question...

I know it gets old hearing the same stroller questions, but that's not what this is! I am taking an 8 year old and a 4 year old (almost 5) in July. We've already decided not to bring a stroller but to rent one from Disney when the need arises.
Here's the question: If we arrive well before opening, is this something we can take care of before rope drop? Or will we have to use those precious few minutes after opening filling out paperwork, etc? I would love to hear strategies of others who occasionally rent Disney strollers.
susie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie96 View Post
I know it gets old hearing the same stroller questions, but that's not what this is! I am taking an 8 year old and a 4 year old (almost 5) in July. We've already decided not to bring a stroller but to rent one from Disney when the need arises.
Here's the question: If we arrive well before opening, is this something we can take care of before rope drop? Or will we have to use those precious few minutes after opening filling out paperwork, etc? I would love to hear strategies of others who occasionally rent Disney strollers.
Do you need one that early in the morning? The kids should not be tired that early.

I actually send my DH or teenagers on errands while standing in line for character pictures with the younger kids. I would suggest this would be the ideal time for your DH to go rent a stroller while you continue to move up in line elsewhere.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I would wait till you need it. Use that precious first hour or two making a bee line for headliner rides. Doubt your 8 year old will ever need it and your little person should be fine for at least a few hours.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
djamesdisney1st
Earning My Ears

I'd honestly rent from an outside stroller rental company. Cheaper and a nicer ride.
djamesdisney1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Sarah Millar01
Mouseketeer

Hi, have you considered spending $15-$20 in Wall mart and just taking the stroller out with you when you need it! This would definitely be a much cheaper option as it costs this at least for one days hire! At the end of the holiday if you are happy not to take it home with you, have a wander round your resort pool and offer it to a family with young children, I am sure they will be most appreciative. This has happened to us before on a few occasions.
Sarah Millar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

I'd rent one from an outside company so that you could just have it there.

We haev booked a rental with apple strollers for Oct. they're running a promotion where it's a free rental, you only pay for insurance. My 7 day rental was only $38 (it would be $43 if I add the parent console).

Disney rentals are $15/day for a single stroller..so if you rent a stroller 3 times at Disney, you're already past/at the cost of a week long rental with apple stoller's promotion. The strollers are *way* more comfortable, *very* easy to fold, and they recline wonderfully if a child wanted to nap in them.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
susie96
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies! I am sure I'm overthinking it. I actually still have one light-weight umbrella stroller, but I prefer the Disney stroller because of the storage. Our's tips over when stuff is hanging from it. I'll definitely consider renting from another company, but I might just follow the advice to get the stroller once we need it--like in Epcot.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesdisney1st View Post
i'd honestly rent from an outside stroller rental company. Cheaper and a nicer ride.
ita :0)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
JennLaural
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesdisney1st View Post
I'd honestly rent from an outside stroller rental company. Cheaper and a nicer ride.
Agreed-
JennLaural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
G719
Mouseketeer

When we were there last June, we arrived at the MK at 8:20 for the 9:00 opening. I know the time because the clock is in one picture . Anyway, my point is that the stroller rental place was open at that time. If you were wanting to rent that day, you could do it while waiting for the opening.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #11
clm10308
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
When we were there last June, we arrived at the MK at 8:20 for the 9:00 opening. I know the time because the clock is in one picture . Anyway, my point is that the stroller rental place was open at that time. If you were wanting to rent that day, you could do it while waiting for the opening.
Although it has been a few years for me, I also found that the stroller rental was open early. I am one of the few on here that preferred to use the Disney strollers with my 4-5 yr old. Besides not having to worry about it getting stolen, it is nice not to have to hut down a specific stroller after Fantasmic or deal with a stroller on the busses.
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
bluezy
DIS Veteran

If you think you're going to need a stroller on a few different days in the parks, you can do a multi-day rental. There's a slight discount (a dollar or two per day...can't remember exactly) for doing the multi-day rental. The nice part is that once you have your card showing your rental days, you don't have to do any more paperwork. You just walk up to the CM handing out the strollers and show them your card -- no need to wait in the long line at the rental desk each day. I know when we did the multi-day rental in 2011, they told us the days never expire (and I *think* the CM also told us we could get a refund for unused days).
Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

As suggested by a PP, we did the stroller package when my youngest DS was 5, which was the last time we had a stroller. It worked out great. We first signed up while waiting for RD, then had the pass all set for when we needed to pick up one. I agree that they aren't the most comfortable, but the storage is great and with older kids, the freedom to just grab one when you need it and dump it when you don't is great. You also won't have to deal with it on buses after you are done in the parks.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
susie96
Earning My Ears

Thanks, Guys! This is the kind of info I was looking for. I would just rather do the Disney stroller because of all the reasons you mentioned. I really think that my little one will be OK for the most part except in Epcot, so I really didn't want to rent an outside stroller for the week and not use it. We use similar ones at the zoo and enjoy them. Plus, DS 8 could hop on if he needed to and he is too big for the others.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: