DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Fan of Figment
Couldn't imagine life without WDW!

3 Studio Family Trip

We are taking my family in January and have decided just to do 3 studios instead of a Treehouse or Grand Villa. I realize it will be 3 separate reservations and everyone will have to get their own tickets, dining reservations, etc., but is there a way to make sure we wind up next to or at least close to each other? Or do we take our chances since no requests are guaranteed? Just curious. We are staying at SSR if that makes any difference. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
We are taking my family in January and have decided just to do 3 studios instead of a Treehouse or Grand Villa. I realize it will be 3 separate reservations and everyone will have to get their own tickets, dining reservations, etc., but is there a way to make sure we wind up next to or at least close to each other? Or do we take our chances since no requests are guaranteed? Just curious. We are staying at SSR if that makes any difference. Thanks!
Just have "traveling with" added to each reservation.

You can make dining reservations for the entire group, though, if you want. And each group can purchase their own tickets any way they want. And if one group wants the dining plan and the others do not, that can be done. It will need to be paid for when it is added to the reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

I booked 2 villas for my family for this coming December and they linked the 2 resies together and will try to get us all close to each other but cannot guarantee that (we booked AKV-Kadani-standard view and requested to be near the lobby). I have MIL and FIL booked at OKW-HH and will switch them over to AKV-Kadani at 7 months out and also link them.

We did the same thing in December of 2011 but at OKW and we were all in building 14 (I own OKW too, so I booked at 11 months and got near hosp. house). We requested 1st floor due to medical reason (MIL has bad knees) and they could only give that to the villa MIL was in (which was our 2BR we all shared...MIL and FIL and us 5), the other villa (studio for SIL) was on the 2nd floor. I also made all the dining ADRs for us all (another SIL was at SSR, booked on her own, but I made ADRs including them too)...there were 15 of us and it was a pain, but I got it done (sometimes breaking the group up into multiple tables). We all used my and SIL's TIW cards.

This trip coming up, I will also book ADRs but this time my family of 5 will have the DP and the other 10 will use SIL's TIW card.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 04-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Fan of Figment

Thanks for the info! That's something I hadn't thought about yet, requesting a first floor since my dad isn't in the greatest of health. It's going to be my family of 4 (me, DH, DS9 and DD7), my sister and my nephew(19), and my parents. I'm thinking the Springs since that has everything right there, which should hopefully work out nice for everyone. Is that too many requests...everyone together on the first floor in the Springs?? lol
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Only a 'request' there have been numerous postings of owners saying they weren't even in the same building, let alone area. And they had traveling with and linked reservations....so, worse case you need to understand you may not get any of your request except first floor...somewhere. How many studios are on the first floor of any of the same bldg? They would all have to be available the same day...they won't hold rooms out for a group reservation.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #6
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan of Figment View Post
Thanks for the info! That's something I hadn't thought about yet, requesting a first floor since my dad isn't in the greatest of health. It's going to be my family of 4 (me, DH, DS9 and DD7), my sister and my nephew(19), and my parents. I'm thinking the Springs since that has everything right there, which should hopefully work out nice for everyone. Is that too many requests...everyone together on the first floor in the Springs?? lol
I would say your best bet of being together is requesting a less requested area- they are more apt to have any open rooms there since people will all want the other areas. I also would say that the more requests you have the less likely you have to get any of them. At SSR there are elevators in every building so I would not think first floor would be nearly as important as it would be at OKW. The Springs is the most requested area so I would think that would make being together less likely.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Fan of Figment

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your thoughts and input.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I'm planning a trip for 10 of us. I went ahead a splurged for s grand villa. We don't get to see each other much and it will only be fri to sun at Okw them the dream from sun to Wednesday in 3 separate cabins the back to Okw grand villa from Wednesday to Saturday So at least well have a break in between.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

I had this same trip last year at SSR.
Once you book all three rooms and have the reservation numbers, CALL MS, have then place a "Travel With" notation on all the rooms with the reservation numbers of the other two reservations.
The CM room assigneer did a great job of getting us all three studios in the same building and on the same floor.
When I did this, even though I was not on the other reservations, I was able to check-in all three rooms when DW and I arrived at SSR before everyone else. Was able to get all the room keys, documents, etc and met the family members, without them having to go through check-in, when they arrived. Two of the rooms were online check-ins and one was not.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Fan of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
I had this same trip last year at SSR.
Once you book all three rooms and have the reservation numbers, CALL MS, have then place a "Travel With" notation on all the rooms with the reservation numbers of the other two reservations.
The CM room assigneer did a great job of getting us all three studios in the same building and on the same floor.
When I did this, even though I was not on the other reservations, I was able to check-in all three rooms when DW and I arrived at SSR before everyone else. Was able to get all the room keys, documents, etc and met the family members, without them having to go through check-in, when they arrived. Two of the rooms were online check-ins and one was not.
Wow, nice! Here's hoping mine goes that well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: