Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #16
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I haven't done the PC but we have cruised DCL a lot- cruise #10 is in 6 weeks. We did Aulani in December and fell in love! Absolutely, positively, I would choose Aulani in your shoes. We had a full kitchen, we stocked up and enjoyed eating out locally once per day. There were great activities at the resort, and the spa as mentioned was the best I've ever been to. We have the Fantasy booked for NYE of 2013, but no cruises booked after that- planning to head back to Aulani. It is stunningly beautiful. It is in a great location- not at all "undesirable". Waikiki for me is "undesirable". It is the best resort we've been to, and we've stayed at some great places.

The PC cruises that DCL is doing leave a lot to be desired in terms of great ports. It doesn't even go to Castaway Cay! The 2014 PC has only Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, Cartegena Colombia, and Cozumel. In 2 weeks that's not a lot. I don't think any of those are "wow" ports- I've been to them all except Cartagena. And while I love the Wonder, it doesn't have all the technology and spaces of the Fantasy. It depends on what you loved about the Fantasy as to whether you will find the Wonder to be as exciting for 2 weeks. She will also be headed to drydock soon after.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post

OP,
We love the cruises although we haven't been on the Fantasy yet. However, next year, DH and I both turn 40 and it's our 5th anniversary, so I was hoping for two weeks in Europe. However, since I'm finishing up chemo and DH has had to miss work for all my appointments, I'm thinking maybe Aulani for a week.
Sending prayers your way for finishing chemo!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Sept 14 - Fort Wilderness
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #18
Stinkerbell1973
DIS Veteran

WOW ~ I am thoroughly enjoying reading everyone's responses here. Thank you all SO very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

I am feeling a BIG slant toward Aulani here! And a lot of good reasons to make sure I try to reserve a room with a kitchen.
It really stinks that Disney doesn't release prices for next year until August, and that you can't reserve until August. I'd like to get a feel for what pricing will really be instead of taking this year's rates and taking on an increase.
And the cost/length of the flights.....YIKES!!!

I love the idea of a 2 week cruise. As PP had mentioned, we would have her do homework everyday for an hour or two, then the week she is on break she'd have her break.

Please, please keep the info coming. I am really enjoying reading everyone's experiences and again, I thank you for sharing!!!

Oct 08, Oct 09, Sept 10, Feb 11, Sept 13 - Ft. Wilderness | Mar 11 - All Star Sports | Sept 11 - Pop Century
Dec 11 - Christmas at Fort Wilderness | Feb 12 - Coronado Springs | Oct 12 - Paradise Pier (Disneyland) | Dec 12 - Port Orleans French Quarter | Dec 13 - Caribbean Beach

Disney Fantasy - Apr 2013, Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - May/June 2014, Mediterranean

Sept 14 - Fort Wilderness
Stinkerbell1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #19
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Well I have not stayed the night at Aluani but I have visited. I was not impressed at all. It was way to far from everything. It was not in a location I would like to stay at. Also if you are using points two things bug me. First the amount of points per night is ridiculous and second you still have to pay a tax when you check out. Also the prices at the resort were grossly high even for Disney. I went only for 2 1/2 on the May 2012 Hawaii cruise because I am a DVC member. That 2 1/2 hours was long enough for me. I have done all 3 soon to be all 5 WBPC cruises on DCL. I love the lack of ports. It's so relaxing not having a care in the world. So I guess since I could never see myself staying at Aulani, go see one of the engineering marvels of the 20th century and travel through the isthmus of Panama.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: