Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Hi there ! Loved your trippie ! Any chance of an update ?
Leslieann1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
disneybound08
Mouseketeer

My apologies for the lack of updates. I had ambitious plans to finish the trip report over summer holidays but that obviously never happened. Then September arrived and we were back to school. There is no kind of tired like a kindergarten teacher in September. I have an amazing group of students this year though. It's going to be a really fun year! Anyways back to the trip report! We woke up just as we were pulling into Castaway Cay. What an incredible view. Cameron was very interested in watching the ship dock at the pier. He watching intently as the workers on the pier performed their duties. We got dressed and headed up to Cabanas for breakfast. For some reason I was unaware that they had made to order omelets. You have to order them on the port side of the serving stations. Previously we had always chose our food from the starboard side of the ship. Although I don't have a pic the omelet it was delicious. After a hearty breakfast we slipped off the ship onto Disney's private island paradise. Donald was greeting on the pier so the boys grabbed a pic. We also got a picture taken with the ship in the background. Then we grabbed our towels and boarded the tram. It was a gorgeous sunny day but it was quite windy. There was a board out on the pier notifying passengers of the cancelled excursions. I remember there being lots, but I didn't pay a great deal of attention to this as we didn't have any booked. I think I remember the sting ray meets being cancelled also. I had planned on getting off at the second stop for the family beach but for some reason we got off at the first. Since it was so sunny we stopped to buy Cameron an over priced pair of kids sunglasses. We grabbed a picture at Mount Rushmore and then we headed towards the beach. Along the way to find chairs we stopped off at a lovely hammock along the way. These are some of my favourite pics of the trip. I wish I could freeze this moment in time, my little boy and I relaxing together in a hammock in the middle of a tropical paradise. I'm sure many parents can relate to my fear that my little boy is growing up way too fast. We staked out some chairs and then headed into the ocean. This was Cameron's first time in the ocean. After our swim the boys scooted back to Mount Rustmore for a picture with Pluto. Pluto was Cameron's favourite character meet and greet from our Disney World trip in 2010. I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't meeting in the atrium along with all the other characters the previous day. Gerry headed up to the bar and asked for three glasses of ice water. Feeling refreshed Cameron and I headed out to swim to the platform. We put on the life jackets for the swim, I wasn't sure how Cameron would react to the ocean swim so I figured better safe than sorry. Cameron is a pretty good swimmer but all of our swimming takes place in a pool. Before the trip I had purchased an inflatable undersea viewer from Amazon. I knew Cameron wouldn't enjoy snorkelling with a mask so we thought this might help but we didn't have much success. On the way back from the platform Shutters grabbed a great picture of our bloodshot eyes from splashes of salt water. Cameron has incredibly sensitive skin so once we were finished swimming we thought it would be best to head back to the ship to shower off and get changed from our wet suits. We also thought it would be the perfect time to explore the open houses at the kids clubs to grab some pictures of Cameron with no crowds. The plan worked out perfectly. We showered, changed and visited the clubs. I think there was only three other families in there. Pictures complete we headed back out to the island for a late lunch. This time we got off at the second stop. I had forgot about the Spring a Leak splash pad. Cameron would have really enjoyed this, but unfortunately we were all changed with no suits. Also the slide platform at the second beach looked super cool. Oh well another reason to plan another cruise, right? We grabbed a BBQ lunch at Cookies Too. I also went and grabbed myself a Konk cooler. I'd have to say that I was disappointed. I didn't really care for the drink After lunch we headed to look at the stores. We bought a magnet and a pin. Then we caught the tram back to ship. We stopped for a picture by the fish, I was disappointed that Shutters was no longer taking shots at this location when we headed back to ship. We should have stopped earlier when we saw them there. Up next Pirate Night!

Last edited by disneybound08; 10-06-2013 at 09:30 AM.
disneybound08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #33
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in. I'm enjoying reading along with you.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: