DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
hotdaveswife
Earning My Ears

Aulani Resort vs Aulani Vacation Club

Hi Everyone,
I'm a first time poster here...hope I'm in the right spot. I'm planning a last minute trip to Aulani and was on the Disney site trying to book the room, etc. I chose Aulani Resort & Spa and after selecting dates and travel info I was given an alternative offer for Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas. The price difference is astounding....Aulani Resort & Spa came out to $8,314 and the Aulani Disney Vacation Club came out to $2,635. What is the difference? HELP...I'm thoroughly confused!

Thank You!
Heather
hotdaveswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdaveswife
Hi Everyone,
I'm a first time poster here...hope I'm in the right spot. I'm planning a last minute trip to Aulani and was on the Disney site trying to book the room, etc. I chose Aulani Resort & Spa and after selecting dates and travel info I was given an alternative offer for Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas. The price difference is astounding....Aulani Resort & Spa came out to $8,314 and the Aulani Disney Vacation Club came out to $2,635. What is the difference? HELP...I'm thoroughly confused!

Thank You!
Heather
The resort and spa is the hotel side the Dvc is the timeshare side. Usually Dvc is higher. You don't state the room type you got quoted on or view. Alll that factors into cost
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
erikawolf2004
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We just stayed there and loved it!!! My parents stayed in the hotel and we stayed in a DVC Studio on our points. I think you would be happy on both sides, personally I would save the money. I know my mom wishes that they had. I would look into the view catagory on the vacation club side-that might be one of the reasons for such a big price difference. It was nice to have the mini kitchen for breakfasts and snacks, you could easily do lunch in the room also. Good luck with your decision.

FYI Monkeypods across the street is really good!

Erika

erikawolf2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: