Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
3Miracles
Earning My Ears

AK-Yak & Yeti Vs. Yak & Yeti???

Hello All,
I have Reached my 180 Day Mark till Vacation and Can start Making Reservations to Eat!! I was looking over the Animal Kingdom and Heard Nothing but Great things about Yak & Yeti. We have decided that's where we will eat Dinner, but I saw there is a Sit down Yak & Yeti and a Counter Service Yak & Yeti, which Both had the Same things on the Menu, Its just the Sit Down was Double the Price. Can Anyone tell me that has been to Both Which is Better and Why???
Thanks so much for your Help!!!

3Miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I would suggest asking over on the Restaurant board. This board is really just to introduce yourself.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

First Off Welcome!!! The counter service has things like Honey Chicken, Egg Rolls, Chicken Fried Rice, Sweet & Sour Chicken, Beef Lo Mein...etc. It is really a large portion of food and they have a nice seating area where you can sit and watch the monkey's. If you are wanting a quick service that isn't pizza or a hot dog, this is a good place to pick. They usully have about 5 entrees and you can get egg rolls on the side, or rice and i think french fries. For kids I think you can get a burger or chicken tenders.

As for the Table Service: They have things like sweet and sour chicken, honey chicken, Egg Rolls. But they have other things that you can't get at the Quick Service Window, Like: Pot Stickers, Chicken Wings (In a Thai Chili Glaze,yumm). They have seafood like: Ahi Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Tempura Shrimp and a Seafood Curry. They also have Duck, Ribs, and an American Kobe Beef Burger, oh and don't forget the Fried Wontons!!

So Basically, the quick service is a basic menu, and the Table Service had some of the things from the quick service with alot of other delicacies. It really just depends on your taste and your budget.

Last edited by jesswindsor; 04-21-2013 at 12:22 PM.
jesswindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Restaurants Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Some people like the quick service place. I'm not one of them. I do like the table service. Didn't like the menu items at the quick service so I don't order them inside either - therefore I have no idea if they are exactly the same.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
TinkandGoofy'sMom
Mouseketeer

Yak and Yeti table service is one of my very favourites, and my favourite dish is the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp. My family eats there every vacation, and we all enjoy a variety of items. The egg rolls are sooo good! We like to schedule lunch here for a nice air-conditioned break. The quick service is just ok IMO.

Aug 2008 POP
Dec 2009 POFQ
Jan 2011 POP
Oct 2011 AKV-Kidani
Jan 2012 OKW
Aug 2012 BWV & AKV
Oct 2012 sisters only at AKV-Kidani
Jan 2013 AKV-Jambo
Aug 2013 AKV & BLT
Up Next: Aulani Summer 2014
DVC owner @ AKV and SSR
TinkandGoofy'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

I've enjoyed lunches at both places, but I do prefer the TS. You'll have more choices in the restaurant, and if you're going during a busy time of year, finding a table to yourself at the QS can be a challenge, although it is pretty back there!

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

The TS offers much more than the CS. And IMO, the CS was awful, and you couldn't pay me to go there, but I would be happy to try the TS!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: