Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #16
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Just wondering where people put their stuff while they're at Atlantis. DH and I will be there in September and plan to spend some time in the water park before heading over to the beach. I'm planning to take a beach bag with towels and a change of clothes for each of us. DH can keep our KTTW cards, DLs, and CC in a pocket in his swim trunks, but I'm not sure where to keep the other stuff while we're enjoying the water park. Any 411 would be appreciated!
Throwing this out there: do you even need a locker? It would be quite typical/ordinary/normal for you to skip the change of clothes, and just get back and forth to the port in t-shirt, flip flops, and cover-up. You could get a small waterproof credit card holder for the cards/cash you'll be carrying and leave the cover-up, etc, on a lounge chair. You can get/swap-out as many towels as you like, so you could skip the whole step of locking things up.

I've been going to Atlantis annually for vacations for 10+ years, and we've never gotten a locker. We don't bring anything of significant value down to the swimming areas, and just leave our stuff on chairs while we are out and about.
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
Just got back from a Disney cruise on Sunday and we spent the day at Atlantis on Friday and I can tell you there was a sea of lounge chairs. There are definitely lockers near one of lazy river entrances. In fact, someone asked us to watch his backpack for him while he did the lazy river and we pointed him to the lockers instead (we didn't want to be responsible for his stuff). He ended up using the lockers and was hugely grateful to us for pointing them out. I can pm you with a map highlighting where the lockers near us were if you'd like.
I would love a copy of the map. Thank you!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
Throwing this out there: do you even need a locker? It would be quite typical/ordinary/normal for you to skip the change of clothes, and just get back and forth to the port in t-shirt, flip flops, and cover-up. You could get a small waterproof credit card holder for the cards/cash you'll be carrying and leave the cover-up, etc, on a lounge chair. You can get/swap-out as many towels as you like, so you could skip the whole step of locking things up.

I've been going to Atlantis annually for vacations for 10+ years, and we've never gotten a locker. We don't bring anything of significant value down to the swimming areas, and just leave our stuff on chairs while we are out and about.
Thanks for the suggestion. I hate sitting in a car in wet clothes, though, so I will definitely want to take a change of clothes! I'm happy to hear that there are plenty of towels and lounge chairs. Should be a great day.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #19
mom2jcg
Mouseketeer

Just a note about the lockers....be aware that the keys can be removed without the locker actually being locked! When we were there in 2011, we placed our camera, sunglasses, shoes, etc. in the locker, my husband twisted the key and removed it. When we returned hours later, all of our stuff was gone! Fortunately, one of the attendants had removed our things and had taken them to lost and found, but we had to walk clear across the property to retrieve them, and the panic we felt when we thought everything was gone sure spoiled the mood. Also, we were lucky no one really stole our things, because it sure would have been easy!
mom2jcg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: