Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Lockers at Atlantis?

Just wondering where people put their stuff while they're at Atlantis. DH and I will be there in September and plan to spend some time in the water park before heading over to the beach. I'm planning to take a beach bag with towels and a change of clothes for each of us. DH can keep our KTTW cards, DLs, and CC in a pocket in his swim trunks, but I'm not sure where to keep the other stuff while we're enjoying the water park. Any 411 would be appreciated!
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran
 
sweetpee_1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,674

Atlantis has towels for you. In fact, the towel distribution is right by the locker hut. We've gotten a locker twice. Worked great for us. Remember you can't pay for anything with cash, only credit cards.
__________________
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Atlantis has towels for you. In fact, the towel distribution is right by the locker hut. We've gotten a locker twice. Worked great for us. Remember you can't pay for anything with cash, only credit cards.
Fantastic. Thanks so much! Do the lockers take credit cards as well?
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
JennandJaryd
Mouseketeer
 
JennandJaryd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 414

I believe you need cash for the locker. You get your deposit ba ck with the key return just like at amusement parks.

Why do you need credit? Atlantis takes cash.
__________________
JennandJaryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennandJaryd View Post
I believe you need cash for the locker. You get your deposit ba ck with the key return just like at amusement parks.

Why do you need credit? Atlantis takes cash.
Thanks for the info on the lockers. I've seen it posted here several times that Atlantis is a cashless resort. Is this not the case?
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran
 
GrnMtnMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wash DC Metro Area
Posts: 1,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Thanks for the info on the lockers. I've seen it posted here several times that Atlantis is a cashless resort. Is this not the case?
Atlantis is cashless at pretty much all of the food venues out by the pools/beaches/aquaventure. I've never used a locker so can't say for sure, but I suspect it is cashless as well.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #7
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
Atlantis is cashless at pretty much all of the food venues out by the pools/beaches/aquaventure. I've never used a locker so can't say for sure, but I suspect it is cashless as well.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
Posts: 220

Another option is to get a lockable tote like this:

http://kyssbags.com/

We purchased one based on recommendations from the disboard and we have gotten many uses from it.
G'sMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #9
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
Another option is to get a lockable tote like this:

http://kyssbags.com/

We purchased one based on recommendations from the disboard and we have gotten many uses from it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've considered that, but I'd want the medium size and the only color available is black -- not my favorite. Plus, having never been to Atlantis, I'm not sure what I would attach the bag to. I'm not sure if there are lounge chairs in the waterpark area, and even if there are, I would not want to lock a bag to an unused lounge chair for an extended period of time!
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,142

We brought cash and when we tried to rent a locker it was as posted a "cashless" system. We usually have a prepaid travel card for small swipes like that but forgot it on the ship. Don't make our mistake. But the lockers are convienent and they also have a changing room off to the side to change into your bathing suits. Plenty of lounge chairs. Plenty of towels.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
We brought cash and when we tried to rent a locker it was as posted a "cashless" system. We usually have a prepaid travel card for small swipes like that but forgot it on the ship. Don't make our mistake. But the lockers are convienent and they also have a changing room off to the side to change into your bathing suits. Plenty of lounge chairs. Plenty of towels.
This is great info. Thank you! Taking a prepaid card with a small-ish amount of $ on it is such a smart idea!
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
This is great info. Thank you! Taking a prepaid card with a small-ish amount of $ on it is such a smart idea!
The attendant behind the counter took pity and signed us out a key and locker and just warned us to return the key for she would be responsible if the key was not returned. All the workers we encountered were very nice. Oh yea...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (a little early!)......
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #13
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
The attendant behind the counter took pity and signed us out a key and locker and just warned us to return the key for she would be responsible if the key was not returned. All the workers we encountered were very nice. Oh yea...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (a little early!)......
Thank you! We are beyond excited for our grown-up Disney cruise!!
__________________
~Lisa





Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
G'sMaman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I've considered that, but I'd want the medium size and the only color available is black -- not my favorite. Plus, having never been to Atlantis, I'm not sure what I would attach the bag to. I'm not sure if there are lounge chairs in the waterpark area, and even if there are, I would not want to lock a bag to an unused lounge chair for an extended period of time!
Just got back from a Disney cruise on Sunday and we spent the day at Atlantis on Friday and I can tell you there was a sea of lounge chairs. There are definitely lockers near one of lazy river entrances. In fact, someone asked us to watch his backpack for him while he did the lazy river and we pointed him to the lockers instead (we didn't want to be responsible for his stuff). He ended up using the lockers and was hugely grateful to us for pointing them out. I can pm you with a map highlighting where the lockers near us were if you'd like.
__________________



Last edited by G'sMaman; 04-24-2013 at 10:39 AM.
G'sMaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
GrnMtnMan
DIS Veteran
 
GrnMtnMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wash DC Metro Area
Posts: 1,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by G'sMaman View Post
There are definitely lockers near one of lazy river entrances.
There's only one facility with lockers.

Atlantis hotel guests don't need anything but a room card with they are in the pool/beach/aquaventure area, so the only demand for lockers is from cruisers.
__________________
80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
CBR 3/00
YC 10/02, 9/06
Dolphin 10/04
DL - Grand Californian 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.