Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Now that they have removed all the cool stuff from Test Track they really need to find a way to at least bring Radiator Springs racers to Florida. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing all of Dinoland wiped out as well as backlot tour and lights motor action. Imo Dinosaur does not even remotely compare to the Indiana Jones Adventure ride in California.. When they wipe out Dinoland and they can change the Dinosaur ride to the Indy the version. Lol
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #32
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

There is absolutely NO room for Carsland to replace indiana. I worked next door at Backlot express so I am familiar with the space around it, immediately behind the Indiana stage is the backstage area that cast members use to get around to their locations, there isn't much room and they wouldn't be able to go back into that area because their are buildings and the cast parking lot..
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhite92
There is absolutely NO room for Carsland to replace indiana. I worked next door at Backlot express so I am familiar with the space around it, immediately behind the Indiana stage is the backstage area that cast members use to get around to their locations, there isn't much room and they wouldn't be able to go back into that area because their are buildings and the cast parking lot..
It's not happening...

But the reasons you give are not why.

Cast members spaces and parking lots are not a problem standing in the way of expansion...not at MGM or anywhere else
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

It's not happening...

But the reasons you give are not why.

Cast members spaces and parking lots are not a problem standing in the way of expansion...not at MGM or anywhere else
Yeah but they wouldn't be able to move all of the buildings that are back there.... There are at least three large buildings when behind LMA there is nothing.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #35
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhite92 View Post

Yeah but they wouldn't be able to move all of the buildings that are back there.... There are at least three large buildings when behind LMA there is nothing.
And there is also no real other place to out the cast parking lot considering it is where the other parking lots are and there is a cast entrance off of the main rd they can't move. There's no room in that area, trust me.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Quote:
And there is also no real other place to out the cast parking lot considering it is where the other parking lots are and there is a cast entrance off of the main rd they can't move. There's no room in that area, trust me.
I'm not sure why you believe that they can't take down the buildings and relocate the parking lots and CM entrance. They certainly could do it.

Of course, that would further inflate the cost, to gain area already available elsewhere. But if hey really needed to, they could. Taking away parking from CMs has been done in the past.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #37
cwhite92
DCP Alum 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

I'm not sure why you believe that they can't take down the buildings and relocate the parking lots and CM entrance. They certainly could do it.

Of course, that would further inflate the cost, to gain area already available elsewhere. But if hey really needed to, they could. Taking away parking from CMs has been done in the past.
Because it would be extremely stupid when there are other places to put it... And I don't "believe" anything I'm saying its dumb.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #38
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Well...it's all opinion here

My opinion is that they would have the cast park at the knights inn on 192 and bus them in before they have one ounce of consideration to demoing parking lots or service areas...

If they wanted to build there and thought it would generate money...it would be gone.

No doubt on this one.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #39
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Because it would be extremely stupid when there are other places to put it... And I don't "believe" anything I'm saying its dumb.
I didn't say it was dumb at any point.

All I'm saying is that if they really needed that space, because it was ideal for their plans, they'd do it. In fact, if they were to finally do a major expansion of DHS, that is the general direction they would go, as they are not nearly as bound as they are by World Drive on the west and Buena Vista Drive to the north. That area could still be spared (it's a relatively thin area buffering the parking lot), but they could expand out at least as far as the canal and simply relocate the main car entrance to either Victory Way or Osceola, or greatly expand the back entrance on Buena Vista.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #40
super mike b
DIS Veteran

super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #41
UncannySquirrel
Earning My Ears

They really should just change Indiana Jones to a different stunt show instead of demolishing the area. They need to keep some movie element to the park. Maybe a Star Wars stunt show. Shame they can't use their Marvel liscene because a Marvel Super Hero stunt show would be awesome.
UncannySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: