Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
justcallmeminnie
Earning My Ears

Cheerleaders take over Disney

Hello all! I am currently in WDW with my family, and we have noticed that there are many cheerleaders here all from different teams. We did research prior to the trip and once we got here about the crowds; however, none of us found anything special going on besides "May the Fourth be with You." We were wondering if this was a special competition and how long they were going to be in Disney. Thanks everyone!

1998 All Star Music | 2001 All Star Movies | 2007 All Star Movies | 2010 Port Orleans Riverside | 2011 Port Orleans Riverside | 2013 Port Orleans Riverside

DM (43) DF (42) Me (18) DS (16) DB (11)
justcallmeminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmeminnie View Post
Hello all! I am currently in WDW with my family, and we have noticed that there are many cheerleaders here all from different teams. We did research prior to the trip and once we got here about the crowds; however, none of us found anything special going on besides "May the Fourth be with You." We were wondering if this was a special competition and how long they were going to be in Disney. Thanks everyone!
Summit, I think they start leaving tomorrow if they do what my friend is doing.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
justcallmeminnie
Earning My Ears

Thank you, we were very worried about the crowds.

1998 All Star Music | 2001 All Star Movies | 2007 All Star Movies | 2010 Port Orleans Riverside | 2011 Port Orleans Riverside | 2013 Port Orleans Riverside

DM (43) DF (42) Me (18) DS (16) DB (11)
justcallmeminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmeminnie View Post
Thank you, we were very worried about the crowds.
They most likely will all be leaving very quickly. There were2 competitions back to back there so some stayed the entire time between to cut down on travel costs. Hope the crowds thin out now
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Jubilee
<3 my kids

They can be entertaining..... this happened yesterday while waiting in line for a tram.....

Tram announcer: Driver we'll be clear to go as soon as everyone is behind the yellow line.
Tram announcer: We cannot leave until every single foot and stroller is behind yellow line.
Tram announcer: That's every single shoe and stroller wheel.
::wait 3:: everyone looks up and down the line
Tram announcer: That's you in the front, ma'am, please put your foot behind the yellow line.
::everyone stares at the guilty party, as she plays with her phone::
Me, to her (cheerleader complete with bows in uniform curled hair/squad shirt and lots of glittery makeup): He's talking to you. *smile*
Her to her friends: Like oh my god that guy is so annoying. Like get a life, dude. I hate this guy.
::she moves her foot 1 iota to be a smidgen on the yellow line still.... and leaves it there::

::the tram starts to leave and she puts it back over the yellow line as soon as it's on the move::
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
They can be entertaining..... this happened yesterday while waiting in line for a tram.....

Tram announcer: Driver we'll be clear to go as soon as everyone is behind the yellow line.
Tram announcer: We cannot leave until every single foot and stroller is behind yellow line.
Tram announcer: That's you in the front, ma'am, please put your foot behind the yellow line.
Me, to her (cheerleader complete with bows in uniform curled hair/squad shirt and lots of glittery makeup): He's talking to you. *smile*
Her to her friends: Like oh my god that guy is so annoying. Like get a life, dude. I hate this guy
::she moves her foot 1 iota to be a smidgen on the yellow line still.... and leaves it there::

He should've ran over her foot. Would've served her right.

::the tram starts to leave and she puts it back over the yellow line as soon as it's on the move::

What a spoiled brat. He should've ran over her foot. Would have served her right.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:

Her to her friends: Like oh my god that guy is so annoying. Like get a life, dude. I hate this guy.

Good chuckle to start the day! We will be there in 2 weeks so anticipating they will be gone
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

You'll be clear of the cheerleaders. Hopefully you'll be here in that brief window between Cheerleaders and Latin Groups
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #9
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Aren't The cheerleaders great, on our last trip, we were lucky enough to have a 1000 plus pom pom girls, Noisy all nite, run all the time, make messes, have food fights in the food courts, leave all their mess, just get up and go, leaveing everything on the table for someone else to clean up, jump up and down and chanting songs on the buses, yep had a great time on that trip, wish I could be there with all the chearleaders.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
MinervaMouse
Earning My Ears

My trip in July of '10, which was offsite (unfortunately), we ran into the Latin tour groups both at the parks and our hotel. Cool experience interacting with them in line, but I hope I avoid them this July... Too crowded.

MinervaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #11
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:

That is fantastic!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

They got there the day before we left on the 27. I was amazed by what some of them wore in the parks . Does your behind really need to hang out of your shorts ? Must you roll your waist band of your shorts down ? Do you really need to wear a crop top with above described shorts ? Stop freaking running every where and stop launching yourself at your friends for OMG huge hugs . Thank goodness we only had one day with them .
ilovejack02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post
They got there the day before we left on the 27. I was amazed by what some of them wore in the parks . Does your behind really need to hang out of your shorts ? Must you roll your waist band of your shorts down ? Do you really need to wear a crop top with above described shorts ? Stop freaking running every where and stop launching yourself at your friends for OMG huge hugs . Thank goodness we only had one day with them .
This is why I thank God I have boys haha.
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
cheer25mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejack02 View Post
That would be practice wear, and yes it really does need to be styled that way for safety and ease of movement. DD HATES cheering in loose clothing, and it is dangerous at times. I have seen bad crashes from flyers with loose tees. They wrap around thier bases hands and arms as they are spinning down out of a stunt and can break fingers and wrists. The shorts are short because they need to be tight for safety and, at least on DD, if they are longer the ride up and look worse. They should have put a tee on if they had a crop top however, and rolling the waistband is just tacky. The problem in some cases was when and where practices were scheduled meant they would be in the parks in practice clothes. As for jumping, hugging ect I have found that it happens whenever there are large groups of teenaged girls around, cheerleaders or not!

ETA: As an allstar cheer mom, I have to say that our girls would be in MAJOR trouble for any of the behavior mentioned on this thread. We simply DO NOT allow it in our gym. Unfortunately, I have been on the recieving end from other gyms. It is sad that they few who act stupid end up giving the whole group a bad name. Most are really pretty well behaved. Don't let a few bad apples spoil you on the whole barrel. Also, if they have pom-poms and are shouting cheers, they are not allstar cheeleaders. We don't cheer FOR anyone.

Last edited by cheer25mom; 05-07-2013 at 12:11 PM.
cheer25mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
GoofyKidd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
You'll be clear of the cheerleaders. Hopefully you'll be here in that brief window between Cheerleaders and Latin Groups
When do the Latin groups arrive? We arrive in 2 days & are wondering about any groups that will be there during our 7 day trip?
GoofyKidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crowds'

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: