Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
qnfltcapt
Earning My Ears

Indiana Jones being replaced by Cars?

Has anyone heard this rumor that the Indiana Jones stunt show and surrounding area is going to be replaced by at least partial version of the Cars land like in California?
qnfltcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Yes, I've heard that rumor. I've also heard a rumor that carsland would replace the Lights, Motors, Action attraction. I place no stock in either of these rumors.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
sahickman
Earning My Ears

My boys would love this...I'd hate to Indiana Jones go...
sahickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

The Cars land rumour has been about for some time but I have not heard that it will replace Indian Jones. The talk recently seemed to think it would replace the back-lot tour and Light Camera Action.
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Tlrhodes
Earning My Ears

I really hope they don't get rid of the Indiana Jones stunt show...if anything, I hope they expand the Indiana Jones presence in the park.

If they moved the entrance road to DHS, they would have a lot of room for a Star Wars land and they could incorporate Star Tours without having to move it.
Tlrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Yea if anything it would replace Lights, Motors, Action... I just don't see it happening though. Wouldn't mind it at all.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
TisBit
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed carsland in DL and would much rather see it replace backlot tour and LMA. I like LMA, but it takes up a huge footprint of HS and backlot tour is extremely dated and "bleh", IMO. This would take some pressure off of Toy Storymania and draw crowds away from that side of the park. Right now there is no reason to even go down to the LMA area unless you are going to the show or really love backlot tour.
TisBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
super mike b
DIS Veteran

The backlot tour is hardly a tour any more. the one in Paris is better. You can only watch LCA so often before it gets old. Cars Land would be cool.
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
GWS
Earning My Ears

Is Indiana Jones Stunt Show slated to be replaced?

I am not real familiar with DHS layout but if I recall correctly the area over by Lights, Motors, Action attraction and the Tram would offer more room for a rumored Carsland. I have been to the Carsland in DCA several times and you will need lots of room.
GWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
Yea if anything it would replace Lights, Motors, Action... I just don't see it happening though. Wouldn't mind it at all.
x2
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #11
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by super mike b View Post
The backlot tour is hardly a tour any more. the one in Paris is better. You can only watch LCA so often before it gets old. Cars Land would be cool.
the main argument for this rumor is that LMA is costly and in keeping in character with the money machine in the swamp - they would logically want to dump it.

But lets be honest: if anything in the history of MGM is evident - its that they are not inclined to spend the bucks very often.

the backlot tour was a direct copy/competition to some of the early rides at Universal in Orlando and it was terrible from day one. The fact that its even still there is a travesty in many ways.

Even the quality addtions: tower of terror, RNR coaster, and fantasmic (if you think that's cool...it was cool exactly once for me and now just seems like disney pushing stale product)...were built during the disney boom period and since?

SCREEEEECH!!!! ground to an absolute halt....like they can't afford the lumber from home depot and gas for the heavy equipment. toy story mania is the only real additon for almost 15 years...that's almost unconscionable for a park that is small for the price and has never been given adequate additions. about 50% of the space is for a "working movie studio" that they pulled the plug on unceremoniously 10 years ago. mothballs.

so just to recap: i can't wait for the may announcement about studios...

just can't quite figure out which year it will be....

my current statistical work up puts it around 2022
my back up guess is: "May the Day never come"
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
quikah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
toy story mania is the only real additon for almost 15 years...that's almost unconscionable for a park that is small for the price and has never been given adequate additions.
Hey, it makes it easier on planning, only need 1/2 day if that for DHS. Actually the only positive I see for Fastpass+ is that it would potentially allow me to "finish" DHS in an hour (assuming they don't have time restrictions on FP+). Just reserve Toy Story, ToT, and Star Tours. Park done.

Hey, they just sold a park hopper... $$
quikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
CtinaDitty
Disney Fanatic

I would be one extremely unhappy camper if they replaced the Indiana Jones Stunt Show with Cars Land. I don't think it will happen but boy would I be upset. It's one of my favorite attractions at DHS when there aren't that many to choose from.
CtinaDitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
Gelfling_Jen
Mouseketeer

I used to love the Indiana Jones Stunt Show until I went to Disneyland a few years ago and got to experience the Indiana Jones Adventure, and that is honestly one of my top favorite rides of all time. I really wish that was in DHS as well!
Gelfling_Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikah View Post
Hey, it makes it easier on planning, only need 1/2 day if that for DHS.
This is the reason I believe it will happen. If people are not there they can't be buying 5¢ worth of plastic for $14.99. Reports are Disney's own studies show DHS is the park people spend the least amount of time in and almost no one takes in a second day there.

These days our family is RD, Toy FP, ride ToT, RnR single rider line, StarTours, TSM with FP, and back at the resort well before lunch. The kids are now too old for Playhouse Disney. The parade(other than the latest Pixar characters), B&B, VotLM, BackLT, Fantasmic, etc. haven't changed in a decade or more. Our oldest enters HS next year and I don't think she's seen anything different at DHS in her lifetime outside of the addition of TSM and the changes in the Playhouse Disney and Pixar characters. Honey I Shrunk the Kids is ~25 years old now(Have you had to explain what the Kodak film cassette? I have.), as is The Little Mermaid, and Indy will be 30 years ago next year.

The last of the 8 Harry Potter movies was only 2 years ago.

Last edited by Q-man; 04-23-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: