Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #91
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Wow, two days! Have a great trip!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #92
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

So, we're leaving, um, TOMORROW!

/
Yikes! How did that sneak up on me??

Well, the rest of the plan will simply have to unfold in the Trip Report. Naturally, it wouldn't be a Disney TR without some sort of pre-departure DRAMA, and we've got TWO...

Drama #1 - I'm at work and Ed calls me around noon. I think, "What's he doing up?" He worked last night and he's working again tonight -- he should be sleeping! Turns out we got a call from the place we were planning to board Aimee during our vacation. They are "very sorry for the inconvenience, but they overbooked and will not be able to take her tonight." TONIGHT!! Thanks for the heads-up, you guys...

So I just spent an hour calling around to find another place that would take a new dog at the last minute on a holiday week in the summer.

Grrrrr....

Well, I finally found one that is not fully booked, but they require a 2-hr "evaluation" (for $20) before they will accept her. So now Ed has to drive her over there during what is essentially the middle of the night for a person who works at night and sleeps during the day. I'm sure they will take her, because she is a great dog, but the uncertainty is annoying.

Drama #2 - Guess who left his Nintendo DS in his locker yesterday on the last day of school? And guess who keeps asking about it every 5 minutes?? I mean that literally -- every. five. minutes. OY!! We cannot do a road trip without that Nintendo DS!!! Luckily, we can pick it up today so Ed will have to add that little errand to his list. Poor guy. He planned to drive for the first three hours tomorrow morning, but if he gets cra*py sleep I may need to take the first shift.

Otherwise, we should be ready to start our road trip sometime around five tomorrow morning.

I will stop by with an update before bed.

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #93
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
/

Well, the rest of the plan will simply have to unfold in the Trip Report. Naturally, it wouldn't be a Disney TR without some sort of pre-departure DRAMA, and we've got TWO...

Drama #1 - I'm at work and Ed calls me around noon. I think, "What's he doing up?" He worked last night and he's working again tonight -- he should be sleeping! Turns out we got a call from the place we were planning to board Aimee during our vacation. They are "very sorry for the inconvenience, but they overbooked and will not be able to take her tonight." TONIGHT!! Thanks for the heads-up, you guys...

So I just spent an hour calling around to find another place that would take a new dog at the last minute on a holiday week in the summer.

Grrrrr....

Well, I finally found one that is not fully booked, but they require a 2-hr "evaluation" (for $20) before they will accept her. So now Ed has to drive her over there during what is essentially the middle of the night for a person who works at night and sleeps during the day. I'm sure they will take her, because she is a great dog, but the uncertainty is annoying.

Drama #2 - Guess who left his Nintendo DS in his locker yesterday on the last day of school? And guess who keeps asking about it every 5 minutes?? I mean that literally -- every. five. minutes. OY!! We cannot do a road trip without that Nintendo DS!!! Luckily, we can pick it up today so Ed will have to add that little errand to his list. Poor guy. He planned to drive for the first three hours tomorrow morning, but if he gets cra*py sleep I may need to take the first shift.

Otherwise, we should be ready to start our road trip sometime around five tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

Oh my goodness, that is some major drama! I hope both items go quickly and Ed can get back to bed!!!

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:c ool1:
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #94
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

YIKES!!! Hope everything calms down. Hooray for getting to go pick up the DS today, that will make your trip a lot easier I'm sure

Hooray, for tomorrow
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #95
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Have a great trip. Went absent from the TR's again and didn't realize your trip was so close.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #96
davidb69
Patiently waiting to see Mickey again

Things to do driving to Disney

I know you are probably well on your way at this point(Hopefully).

We have so many stories. We are from Delaware, so we maybe save an hour from your trip. We generally start the trip on at night right after dinner and I can make it generally till the South Carolina area before asking my wife to drive for a bit so I can get an hour or 2 of rest before breakfast. This year I am off the day before and plan to have her start off and see if I can make it most of the way till after breakfast and have her drive then till we get to the Florida welcome center(I love getting that fresh OJ after crossing the boarder.

We are driving a different car this year that has a DVD player on the ceiling so the kids are happy to be able to see some movies and entertainment. We are looking at that and the DS/Vita/ipods/kindle fire to keep them happy and entertained. I can't imagine the kids leaving something somewhere. Sounds like a nightmare of stress no one needs.

Hope you have a wonderful stress free vacation.
Pretrip Aug 2013 All Star Sports

Me Dave -44 DS Matthew -12 DW Melody -38 DS Luke -10
davidb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 AM   #97
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
/

Grrrrr....

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

Last minute drama. There's always something, isn't there?? And since you never made it back for an update, I fear there was more to come.
I hope things worked out with the doggie, and your son was able to get his DS.
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!! I hope you are having a wonderful time!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #98
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I missed your send off. Hope you are having a great time.

That is terrible about the dog. If they had a facebook page I would comment on it. To do that so close is unacceptable.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #99
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I missed your send off here (caught you on Facebook) so I am just reading about your two pre-trip dramas! Crazy about the dog!!! I assume the she passed the "evaluation" with flying colors & is happily hanging out with the guy/lady who sleeps during the day.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #100
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

So How was your trip?? Hope it was great!

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #101
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

We Survived!

/
Hey, everyone, we've been back for a week and a half now -- sorry I haven't posted. Bad trip reporter! Bad, bad trip reporter!

We did survive, although the summer crowds are CRAZY and it was hot, sticky and rainy every day (as expected). Ugh... the heat 'bout wore me out every day! I think this will be our first AND last summertime trip!

No huge dramas -- one small one, though, which I will save for later. We loved New Fantasyland -- the special fireworks at MK were spectacular! I'm so glad we took July 4th COMPLETELY OFF from the parks and just swam during the afternoon and caught Hoop-Dee-Doo that night.

Now that the weekend is here I will get to work on the first installment. I haven't even had time to download our pictures!!

Stay cool -- I think we brought the Florida weather back home with us to New Jersey because it has been terribly hot and sticky since we returned!

See you soon,

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #102
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Can't wait to read all about it, I've been meaning to ask if you were writing a TR.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #103
Casey's Mommie
Nothing makes a Mommy happier than hearing her baby laugh!

Can't wait to hear about your adventure! I love reading about your family
Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #104
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Kathy, I'm so excited to see another report from you. I've been checking out your blog from time. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Boy the kids have grown since the first time I read one of your TR's

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #105
25eels
Earning My Ears

Anxiously awaiting your report!
25eels is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: