Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #76
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Limited Time Magic-al!

From today's Disney Parks Blog:

No need to wait until July Fourth to celebrate America’s birthday at Disney Parks – we have seven days of “Limited Time Magic” surprises planned for the entire Independence Week (July 1-7), including nightly fireworks spectaculars at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. And today, we have new details to share with blog readers.

At Walt Disney World Resort, the July Fourth fireworks spectacular will rocket into the air above Cinderella Castle every night with “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.” The dazzling display at Magic Kingdom Park will be orchestrated to an upbeat musical tribute to America as patriotic lighting covers the Castle.

The Walt Disney World Resort fireworks spectacular takes place at 9 p.m. on July 3 and 4, and 10 p.m. on July 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.

Walt Disney World Resort guests will also be treated to a fun-filled spectacle as Goofy, Donald and Pluto, dressed as a colonial fife and drum corps, join a spirited procession down Main Street, U.S.A, prior to the daily Celebrate a Dream Come True parade at Magic Kingdom Park. The pre-parade features the Main Street Philharmonic, Citizens of Main Street and Walt Disney’s historic horse-drawn calliope.

Across the Resort, you will also find treats inspired by our traditional American celebration. You’ll be able to try the Red, White and Blue Strawberry Shortcake at Storybook Treats in Magic Kingdom Park and the Fourth of July Cupcake with apple pie filling, caramel buttercream and apple crisp topping at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. At Epcot, you can taste the Skillet-Baked Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Whipped Cream or the Red, White and Blue “Baked Alaska” Mousse.

A little extra fun!!

Kathy

KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #77
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Looks like a fun week ahead of you. Love patriotic fireworks and music, so fun.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #79
cogero
DIS Veteran

joining in I love reading about how other families with autism cope.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #80
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Looks like a fun week ahead of you. Love patriotic fireworks and music, so fun.
I purposely was not going to attempt 4th of July fireworks for fear of the crowds... hopefully this will spread them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sounds fantastic!!
I especially want to see the characters in their patriotic garb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
joining in I love reading about how other families with autism cope.
Welcome to the report!

Kathy
Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #81
KathyRN137

Magic Kingdom Morning

Day Five: Monday, July 1st!

Sorry, no pix -- I'm at work. Shhhhh!

Today will be the first of our two Magic Kingdom days. Billy has been very active on YouTube watching ride-along videos and has made his must-do selections:

- Space Mountain

- Buzz Lightyear

- Haunted Mansion

- Hall of Presidents (!)

- Big Thunder Mountain RR

And, the thing he is looking forward to the most: Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid! (He has always had a "thing" for Ariel... must be the voice!)

Try as I might, I could not get a dinner ressie for Be Our Guest, so we will be lining up at about a quarter to eleven in an attempt to eat a counter service lunch before the crowds swell to maximum!

Then it's back to Kidani Village for swimming or napping! We'll come back in the evening for some other family favs: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, etc. I have a feeling we may be going back to see Ariel again, too!

Dinner will be on the fly at whatever CS restaurant is convenient.

We may try to stay until the 10pm fireworks now that they are doing the big Fourth of July Spectacular all week long! (Monday night shouldn't be too crowded...at least not when compared to July 3rd and 4th.)

Ten days!

Kathy

Old 06-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #82
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Billy and I could totally tour Disney together. I just noticed that all his top picks would be at the top of my list also! So, of course, your MK plans sound just perfect to me!

I hope you don't have too much trouble getting into BoG. I saw a recent trip report where they waited to get in for lunch and the line look L-O-N-G in the pictures, but it only took about 30 minutes so it seems to move quickly! Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:34 AM   #83
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Just a suggestion, people will cancel BOG right outside the 24 hour mark so the credit card doesn't get charged as a no show, you could always check the day before to see if you could snag a dinner.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #84
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Your trip is coming up fast! A week and a day left, have you started packing?

Limited Time Magic sounds like fun! I want one of the cupcakes with Apple Pie Filling and Carmel frosting.

We lined up and ate at BOG for lunch. We were there pretty early and the line moves along pretty quickly. When we got in line we were back on the bridge. I am not sure how long it took to get through. When you get up to the ordering Kiosks they separate you into Dining Plan to the kiosks on the left and not on Dining Plan to the kiosks on the right. It gets a little crowded in the room where you place your order.

Abby and I shared the Roast Beef sandwich. It was really good. We shared a bowl of French Onion Soup, and I had a strawberry cupcake. The soup was a little bland, it was made with vegetable broth instead of beef broth. The cupcake was really good. Ethan ate some french fries, he takes medicine that affects his appetite so he didn't eat much. Ron had the pork dish. He shared with Henry and they both thought it was delicious.

It was really nice to find a seat and have them bring you the food. There were tons of tables and we sat in the ballroom where the snow was falling. It was really calm and quiet in there. And it didn't take long for the food to arrive.

Planning our next trip...
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #85
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Fun Day, hooray for Ariel and QS at Be Our Guest. Can't wait to see your fireworks pictures
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #88
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Sounds like a fun day planned. I hope you get into Be Our Guest.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #89
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
I hope you don't have too much trouble getting into BoG. I saw a recent trip report where they waited to get in for lunch and the line look L-O-N-G in the pictures, but it only took about 30 minutes so it seems to move quickly! Can't wait to read all about it!

If it is really, really hot and really, really crowded we'll just bag it and go somewhere else. We'll have another MK day later in the week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Just a suggestion, people will cancel BOG right outside the 24 hour mark so the credit card doesn't get charged as a no show, you could always check the day before to see if you could snag a dinner.

That's a wonderful idea, Tracy! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Your trip is coming up fast! A week and a day left, have you started packing?
It's actually coming even faster... we're taking 2 days to drive down and spending a night at one of the SeaWorld hotels before checking in at Kidani! We leave Thursday morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
...It was really nice to find a seat and have them bring you the food. There were tons of tables and we sat in the ballroom where the snow was falling. It was really calm and quiet in there. And it didn't take long for the food to arrive.

I definitely am hoping for the Ballroom dining room and would love to be seated near the falling snow window. I think it would be very calming for Billy to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Fun Day, hooray for Ariel and QS at Be Our Guest. Can't wait to see your fireworks pictures
Tricia is a much better photographer than I am; I may give her that assignment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
One Week!!
Yay! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What Amy said!!!!!!!!!!

Plans look good and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BoG opens up and if not, lunch will be lovely
Thanks, Cynthia! I'm actually not too broken up about no dinner ressie there b/c there really isn't anything on the dinner menu that Billy will eat -- he is so very picky. But I am dying to go for the atmosphere alone! The pictures I've seen of the inside are gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Sounds like a fun day planned. I hope you get into Be Our Guest.
Thank you, Scott! I am so NOT doing anything "commando" style on this trip!

Kathy
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #90
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed that you get into Be Our Guest. We planned to do the same thing, but the line was CRAZY long! My boys were not into it so we skipped it....sad, but maybe next time!

Love Billy's must do list!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: