Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #61
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magichusky View Post
Hi Kathy! I was laughing when I read the beginning of your PTR- I also swore at one point to NEVER visit Florida in the summer! My Mom and I were laughing the other day when we wondered what the weather's going to be like on the 4th- I can't remember the last time it's been anything other than 70-75 degrees around here. When we went to WDW in December 2010 however, it was truly 30 degrees outside and we didn't mind at all. I definitely prefer 30 degrees to 100 degrees!
It is going to be soooo hot! We plan to spend a lot of time in the pool and the A/C!

Thanks for joining in!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #62
KathyRN137

Epcot: Soarin' to our pizza...

Day Four. Sunday, June 30.

Today we will be visiting EPCOT!

These are the items on Billy's Must-Do list:

1. Soarin'

2. Test Track

3. Mission Space - Green

4. Spaceship Earth

5. Captain EO (I know, I know... )

I'm hoping we can get all these done before we grab a counter service lunch (Sunshine Seasons? Electric Umbrella?) Then it will be back to Kidani to cool off with a swim!

In the evening we'll visit World Showcase and see some of the live performances. There is a wonderful site called Walt Disney World Live Entertainment that lists showtimes so you can plan ahead of time if you'd like. I'd especially like to see:

Matsuriza - the Taiko Drummers in Japan

Miyuki - the Candy Artist, also in Japan

Voices of Liberty - a cappella singers in the American pavilion

Jeweled Dragon Acrobats - China

We have a late dinner reservation at Via Napoli; this will be our first time eating here -- so excited!

We'll ask to be seated out of the sight line of the three pizza ovens, Stromboli, Vesuvio and Etna because Billy is very much afraid of fire...

I'm not sure if we'll stay for Illuminations. It's kind of a pain having to scout out a good spot and then wait for 30-45 minutes with Billy -- unless we bring along his Nintendo DS -- which may not be a bad idea!

Only twenty-three more days -- it's getting exciting!
Thanks for reading!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 06-06-2013 at 02:39 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #64
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I love Epcot!

I wanted to try Via Napoli this past trip, but it just didn't happen. Can't wait to hear how you like it!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #65
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here! Didn't realize this was going now to catch up
Hi Cynthia! So glad you're here! I just finished your epic Girl's Trip TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I love Epcot!

I wanted to try Via Napoli this past trip, but it just didn't happen. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

I hear it's wonderful -- I'm really looking forward to it!

Kathy
Old 06-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #66
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Dinasuar is really loud at the end.
Devine is so wonderful to see.
Sanaa is one of the best restaurants on property. I will be interested in your Via Napoli review. We are eating there in December for the first time.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #67
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I try and see Miyuki every trip. A few years ago I had my oldest DGS with us and we watched 2 shows. He loved watching her work. We were leaving but asked if she would be there the following day, She looked at my grandson and asked what he would like, this was when she still gave the candy away. She stayed and made an extra candy just for him because she said he was a nice boy, very polite. He still talks about it. I was so thrilled for him.

I ate at Via Napoli 2 years ago with a friend and really enjoyed it there. The food and atmosphere was wonderful. I even have pictures I promised never to post anywhere of a couple servers clowning around posing for me. I'm debating there and Teppan Edo or Rose and Crown for my december trip.

I would take the DS to occupy your son. Works like a charm with my escape artist, sorry my DGS who has no waiting skills.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #68
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Dinasuar is really loud at the end.
Devine is so wonderful to see.
Sanaa is one of the best restaurants on property. I will be interested in your Via Napoli review. We are eating there in December for the first time.
Hey Scott -- are you home?

I can't wait to try Sanaa and Via Napoli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I try and see Miyuki every trip. A few years ago I had my oldest DGS with us and we watched 2 shows. He loved watching her work. We were leaving but asked if she would be there the following day, She looked at my grandson and asked what he would like, this was when she still gave the candy away. She stayed and made an extra candy just for him because she said he was a nice boy, very polite. He still talks about it. I was so thrilled for him.
What a memory! (And great reinforcement of good manners!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I ate at Via Napoli 2 years ago with a friend and really enjoyed it there. The food and atmosphere was wonderful. I even have pictures I promised never to post anywhere of a couple servers clowning around posing for me. I'm debating there and Teppan Edo or Rose and Crown for my december trip.

I would take the DS to occupy your son. Works like a charm with my escape artist, sorry my DGS who has no waiting skills.

It's fun to squeeze in a few "new" restaurants each trip!

Yes, I think you are right -- the handheld video games are a lifesaver!

Kathy
Old 06-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #69
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Looks like you've got a good plan for Epcot. Can't wait to hear your review of Via Napoli. It's looks very nice!
I would give the DS a try. I love Illuminations! Ireally, really hope I can convince my family to stay with me to watch it during our trip. I missed it on every single one of our (many) Epcot days during our 2010 trip.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #71
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oooh.. I must read your PJ! I am obsessed with having a Disney Vow Renewal someday and so I may need to stalk you...

Edited to add: Darn. Just realized I will be traveling still and will miss your wedding. I was so hoping to hang around the WP and get a glimpse of you...

Hey! You haven't updated since April! You had better get on the ball, your day is coming up SOON!

Kathy
It's on my goal list for this week! I promise!!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #72
25eels
Earning My Ears

Kathy! I'm so excited to read your PTR. Your past TRs were how I figured out how to do WDW with my daughter with autism. I've referred to them time and again.

This will be our fourth summer visit and I find it very manageable. There's always somewhere to duck into to get out of the heat. Can't wait for more!
25eels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #73
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Love the flow of your plans, the wait for Illuminations is a bit much to have a good spot, I've managed through by buying my kids ice cream. That usually keeps them busy plus we bring a toy for them to play with until the show begins. I think the DS is a great idea for Billy. We also bring headphones, don't know if Billy needs that or not, it's such a pain lugging around two sets of headphones, they take up my whole bag, but it's worth it.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #75
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Looks like you've got a good plan for Epcot. Can't wait to hear your review of Via Napoli. It's looks very nice!
I would give the DS a try. I love Illuminations! Ireally, really hope I can convince my family to stay with me to watch it during our trip. I missed it on every single one of our (many) Epcot days during our 2010 trip.
I'm more of a Wishes gal, but if we can make it I'd love to catch Illuminations! Especially since this will be the only evening we have planned at Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great Epcot plans. Knock out FW in the morning & enjoy strolling around the WS in the evening. We really enjoyed Via Napoli.
WS is tough with Billy because he always wants to DO something! Strolling, sipping & snacking is not his thing. Thank goodness for the live entertainment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
It's on my goal list for this week! I promise!!
I'm sure you are busy... wedding day is coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25eels View Post
Kathy! I'm so excited to read your PTR. Your past TRs were how I figured out how to do WDW with my daughter with autism. I've referred to them time and again.

This will be our fourth summer visit and I find it very manageable. There's always somewhere to duck into to get out of the heat. Can't wait for more!
Hello and It's so good to hear you say that trips are becoming more manageable (I do find that many aspects of our touring are easier now that Billy is older) and I'm happy if my TRs have helped you in any way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Love the flow of your plans, the wait for Illuminations is a bit much to have a good spot, I've managed through by buying my kids ice cream. That usually keeps them busy plus we bring a toy for them to play with until the show begins. I think the DS is a great idea for Billy. We also bring headphones, don't know if Billy needs that or not, it's such a pain lugging around two sets of headphones, they take up my whole bag, but it's worth it.
Luckily he uses the ear buds for his DS and the squishy ear plugs for loud noises, so they don't take up as much room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm all caught up! Your plans look lovely and I am so happy that you and Ed are taking time for you. It is SO important and Sanaa is a lovely place to do it at.

Mnnn...Via Napoli. I wish I was eating there tonight!
Me too! I think Sanaa is the perfect choice because (1) we've never tried it before so that will be fun and (2) it's right there at the resort so we can hotfoot it back to the villa if Billy starts acting up on Tricia. Hopefully he will be really tired and just crash! Hopefully I won't!

Thanks for reading everyone; will update with MK plans tomorrow! (Ooh, look at that ticker -- two weeks!!)

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: