Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #46
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Afternoon AK and a Late Date for the 'Rents

Day Three, con't...

Although I am absolutely dreading the heat and humidity, one of the advantages of a June/July trip will be extended park hours. AK will be open until 7pm tonight, so hopefully we can make it back for a couple of hours of fun after our little resort break.

We'll begin by hitting any attractions on Billy's "To-Do List" that we weren't able to do before break. He recently added Dinosaur to the list... ugh! I really cannot forget to pack the ear plugs now. (For him AND for me!) He does love getting tossed around, though...

Again... all pix from the internet. Sorry, I'm just too busy to go hunting through my photobucket albums!

One thousand times better with ear plugs -- so LOUD!

Now that Billy's list is done, we can do something that I love....

Finding Nemo: The Musical

Billy actually enjoys this too, although he will probably say, "No! No! No!" when we get in line for the show! He loves music, but prefers rides to shows because of the kinetic stimulation.

He will probably start clamoring for another ride on Expedition Everest. Tricia will want to do Kali River Rapids, but Billy is terrified of the fire scene, so we may split up -- I'll do EE with B. and Ed can get wet with T. on KRR!! Oh well, honey, that's what you get for not liking roller coasters!!

I can't believe that I forgot to mention Divine! I'd love to find her sometime during the day...

We'll grab something to eat before leaving the park for the day. Flame Tree Barbeque has some lovely and shaded outdoor seating areas if its not too humid...

Time to wrap things up at Animal Kingdom... back to Kidani Village...

We will let the teens hang out in the villa -- I'm sure Billy will seriously need some quality time with his Nintendo DS by now! Now hold onto your hats... Mom & Dad are going to freshen up and take a little stroll over to Sanaa for some rare couple time -- cocktails and maybe some dessert. *First Time*

That sampler sounds GOOD!! Godiva Chocolate Martini, perhaps? Ooh, or maybe the Painted Lemur!

Recommendations??

And that will be the perfect end to Day Three!

KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Perfect is right! Enjoy!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #48
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Perfect is right! Enjoy!
Thanks!

Kathy
Old 05-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #49
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Your plans for the first few days sound great! Sea World sounds like a lot of fun - I've only been once when Alex was a baby. We didn't get a lot done because I was sick on that day.

I love that you are getting a date night!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #50
tlkscott
Mouseketeer

Following along. We are going for our first extended stay in Sept. Our son will be 5 years old. He has sensory issues. However, we did rule out aspergers last month. We spent the day at MK last Feb. We are staying at Kidani in a savannah view studio. My plans are to just go at his pace and follow his lead for the day. We are also planning on doing MNSSHP. We are driving from WV. My husband likes to drive and listen to music so he drives all night and my son and I sleep. Hoping that it will be a little cooler in Sept. than what you will have in July. We do go to the beach on the Gulf Coast of Fl in July. However, the heat does not seam to be so bad when you are at the beach.
tlkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #51
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

GREAT AK day plans. We head to the safari first every trip, but I have younger kids that don't ride EE yet. We really enjoyed pizzafari for the same reason as you.

Love your beat the heat plan with a retreat back to the a/c room or pool.

And SUPER excited for you to get a date night. How fun!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #52
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

Joining in. I've lurked now and then on your TR's but like most I read I would forget which ones I was reading.

The ride down isn't that bad. I did it the past 2 years and am doing it again in December. Last year I had 3 kids 8 and under and a teenager in my car. The built in DVD player in my van helped and Toy Story for 8 hours was fun.

July can't be any worse than August and I have done that the past 2 years with my daughters and their families. Pool time helped and hitting AC every now and then to cool down, an indoor show or just browsing in a shop are wonderful ways to cool down.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Sea World. I haven't been there since my kids were little. I am hoping to get there in about 2 years wiith my son and his family. My DGS is 9 and was finally given the official autism diagnosis this year. I've always known, grandma's intuition. Kyle is obsessed with sharks and sea life so it will be nice to show him some pics from there.
tazdev3225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #53
indimom
Are We There Yet?

I feel your pain on Dinosaur. I just don't understand why it has to be quite that loud. I plug my ears through the entire ride. I'd probably love it if they would just turn the volume down.

That Chocolate Martini sounds fabulous. YUM! What's the Painted Lemur?? Sounds interesting.
Sorry I can't give any advice, we haven't made it to that particular restaurant yet. But, with all the good reports I've read, I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Your AK day looks very nice. I really enjoy that park. All the shows and rides are great, and I really like the atmosphere. It's so pretty walking through there. I'm going to miss it this year. So, I'll be looking forward to reading your trip report.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #54
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Your plans for the first few days sound great! Sea World sounds like a lot of fun - I've only been once when Alex was a baby. We didn't get a lot done because I was sick on that day.

I love that you are getting a date night!

I still have a hard time believing that we haven't made it over to SeaWorld yet! With all our trips to Florida, too! There is just so much to do at the four parks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkscott View Post
Following along. We are going for our first extended stay in Sept. Our son will be 5 years old. He has sensory issues. However, we did rule out aspergers last month. We spent the day at MK last Feb. We are staying at Kidani in a savannah view studio. My plans are to just go at his pace and follow his lead for the day. We are also planning on doing MNSSHP. We are driving from WV. My husband likes to drive and listen to music so he drives all night and my son and I sleep. Hoping that it will be a little cooler in Sept. than what you will have in July. We do go to the beach on the Gulf Coast of Fl in July. However, the heat does not seam to be so bad when you are at the beach.

I had a very relaxing mother-son trip with Billy in November of 2011 because I did just that. It's good to have a general plan but for me, gone are the days of the minute-by-minute itinerary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
GREAT AK day plans. We head to the safari first every trip, but I have younger kids that don't ride EE yet. We really enjoyed pizzafari for the same reason as you.

Love your beat the heat plan with a retreat back to the a/c room or pool.

And SUPER excited for you to get a date night. How fun!

We PLAN to have a date night! If we get it, well, that remains to be seen! (I won't fully believe it until I'm sipping on my Painted Lemur!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Joining in. I've lurked now and then on your TR's but like most I read I would forget which ones I was reading.

The ride down isn't that bad. I did it the past 2 years and am doing it again in December. Last year I had 3 kids 8 and under and a teenager in my car. The built in DVD player in my van helped and Toy Story for 8 hours was fun.

July can't be any worse than August and I have done that the past 2 years with my daughters and their families. Pool time helped and hitting AC every now and then to cool down, an indoor show or just browsing in a shop are wonderful ways to cool down.

I'm looking forward to hearing about Sea World. I haven't been there since my kids were little. I am hoping to get there in about 2 years wiith my son and his family. My DGS is 9 and was finally given the official autism diagnosis this year. I've always known, grandma's intuition. Kyle is obsessed with sharks and sea life so it will be nice to show him some pics from there.

Hello, and thanks for joining in! I am a firm believer in mother's/grandmother's intuition -- so glad your DGS has a diagnosis and is now eligible for services!

Don't you just love how, after a while, you can quote entire movie scripts you've heard them so many times?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
I feel your pain on Dinosaur. I just don't understand why it has to be quite that loud. I plug my ears through the entire ride. I'd probably love it if they would just turn the volume down.

That Chocolate Martini sounds fabulous. YUM! What's the Painted Lemur?? Sounds interesting.
Sorry I can't give any advice, we haven't made it to that particular restaurant yet. But, with all the good reports I've read, I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Your AK day looks very nice. I really enjoy that park. All the shows and rides are great, and I really like the atmosphere. It's so pretty walking through there. I'm going to miss it this year. So, I'll be looking forward to reading your trip report.

Can't wait to hear the rest of your plans.

Thanks! I'm a big Animal Kingdom fan; just love the atmosphere there! I will ride Dinosaur as an act of true mama love!! It's still better than getting wet on Kali River Rapids!

Painted Lemur - Amarula Fruit Cream Liqueur and Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur from South Africa combined in a Chocolate-striped glass inspired by the distinctive striped tail of the Madagascar Lemur.

(But, the Godiva Chocolate Martini sounds good, too!)

Godiva Chocolate Martini - Stoli Vanil Vodka, Godiva chocolate liqueur, white Crème de Cacao, and Frangelico.

Thanks for reading, everybody!

Kathy
Old 06-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #55
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hello and

Billy was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder just before his 3rd birthday and with Classic Autism when he was five. Since preschool he has attended a wonderful school for kids with developmental disabilities and is graduating from the middle school program next month!

His needs have always been too great to consider integrating him into the public school system and that's OK because he loves his school! They have programs up to age 21 and and adult day program after that!

He is so excited about our upcoming vacation; we talk about it every day! We even have his Speech Therapist include our Disney planning into his sessions!

Thanks for reading and posting,

Kathy
My elementary school had a pre-school thing similar to your son's school. I went there and then went repeated kindergarten in the Gen ed setting. I'm currently in resource classes at school. I also have speech once a week. I ran into my speech therapist at DLR last week. We have an adult that I might be going to next year.

I'll be a senior in high school Despite having autism, I'm very involved in school. I have been in class council, two special needs clubs, helped plan this year's prom (which is tonight) and a rock club. I also got accepted into my school's link crew which is where a group of juniors and seniors get to help the freshmen get situated in to high school.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #56
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

AHHHH you are going to be in Disney while we're there!!!

Please please please....we must meet up!!

And now back to read. I've missed your TR's!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #57
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
....I'll be a senior in high school Despite having autism, I'm very involved in school. I have been in class council, two special needs clubs, helped plan this year's prom (which is tonight) and a rock club. I also got accepted into my school's link crew which is where a group of juniors and seniors get to help the freshmen get situated in to high school.
How wonderful! My dgt will be starting her senior year as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
AHHHH you are going to be in Disney while we're there!!!

Please please please....we must meet up!!

And now back to read. I've missed your TR's!
Hey there, Megan! So, you're planning to melt in July too?! So nice to have you along... yes, we must try to meet up!

Kathy
Old 06-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #58
magichusky
Mouseketeer

Hi Kathy! I was laughing when I read the beginning of your PTR- I also swore at one point to NEVER visit Florida in the summer! My Mom and I were laughing the other day when we wondered what the weather's going to be like on the 4th- I can't remember the last time it's been anything other than 70-75 degrees around here. When we went to WDW in December 2010 however, it was truly 30 degrees outside and we didn't mind at all. I definitely prefer 30 degrees to 100 degrees!

I'm so excited that you all are going to Sea World!! My Mom and I went to our San Diego branch on Memorial Day. This woman practically shoved me out of the way so her son could pet the dolphins, but other than that it was wonderful!
-In Progress- "I Don't Cruise… I Jingle Cruise." --A New Year's PTR--
magichusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #59
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hey there, Megan! So, you're planning to melt in July too?! So nice to have you along... yes, we must try to meet up!

Kathy
Yes. Silly me....I planned a wedding at Disney for June 27.

I may melt with everyone else
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #60
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
Yes. Silly me....I planned a wedding at Disney for June 27.

I may melt with everyone else

Oooh.. I must read your PJ! I am obsessed with having a Disney Vow Renewal someday and so I may need to stalk you...

Edited to add: Darn. Just realized I will be traveling still and will miss your wedding. I was so hoping to hang around the WP and get a glimpse of you...

Hey! You haven't updated since April! You had better get on the ball, your day is coming up SOON!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 06-06-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: