Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
A bonus to Kidani is there is a Publix very nearby on 192 along with an array of both fast food and sit down restaurants to give your wallet a rest from Disney prices. Another plus to staying at Kidani is you can park underground which will be a lifesaver in June, no more sweltering car to start the day.
The list of positives keeps getting longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDisMom View Post
Enjoyed reading your plans (I just posted my first ever pre=trip report myself!) I know you'll have an amazing time even given the July heat. I LOL'd because I absolutely hate heat and humidity too and would rather poke my eyes out than sweat during July in central Florida. That being said, I'd probably go anyway if someone offered me the chance. We are going in 2 1/2 weeks in hope of avoiding that dreaded heat.

I wish you lots of fun!

Carla
Hi Carla! I hope you have gorgeous weather!

Kathy
KathyRN137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

The drive should be an adventure in itself. My boys love a hotel stay, they don't care what hotel, we try and find fun things on the way, a restaurant, rest stop, etc. I like your plans for the drive.

Do you know your Sea World park dates yet? The football thing for my husband is from Thurs June 27 -Sun 30 at ESPN wide world of sports. I'm waiting to get his schedule before booking hotel and planning anything, but hoping to go to Sea World that Friday or Saturday. And just so you know those days there will be a bunch of highschool football players on property, not sure if there is a host hotel.

Can't wait to see your plans.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #18
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Hello! May I join???
You've got some great plans so far.

As far as that summer heat and humidity goes... you had no choice...
this is an addiction we're talking about...
And no addict is going to just throw away a fix.
We neeeeeeeeed it!!!!

As it happens, while your "glistening" lightly in the Florida sun this June, imagine the following image and I'm sure it will cool you off (and probably make you laugh):

We're going to Disney at the end of July....

And tent camping.
Yep, tent camping.

With two box fans.

Feel free to pray for me.

But, like ya said, I get to go to Disney, so I'm going to suck it up and enjoy the ride.

Speaking of rides, we'll be doing that too.
It's 16 hours from our home as well.

But, we'll be pulling an all nighter to get there.
DH is the primary driver, and he's done it before.
I work nights so I can certainly spell him...if he'll relax long enough to let me. (can anyone say, control freak?)

Anyway,
Can't wait to hear more of your plans! Your trip sounds lovely so far!!
You can do it!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #19
KathyRN137

Day One Plans: SeaWorld vs the Hotel Pool!

As mentioned in the previous post, we will be spreading our drive from NJ to FL over two days. I’d like to say that this is because of Billy's sensory issues but frankly, it's for ME!! Thankfully, now that he’s older Billy does much better on car trips. (Thank you, thank you, hand held electronics!) We’ll do the bulk of the drive on the first day. On the way down on Thursday we’ll probably stop in Florence, South Carolina (11 ½ hours per Mapquest). Of course, Mapquest figures that we’ll be driving the speed limit… Ed has the proverbial lead foot! Actually, I suppose if you factor in a break for lunch and restrooms that’s probably about right.

The next day after a quick (!) 7 hour drive we’ll spend our first night, not at Disney but at the Doubletree at SeaWorld!

Can you believe that we’ve been going to WDW almost every year for the past 10 years and this is the first time we’re doing anything off property? I am so excited for SeaWorld! Billy keeps talking about all the sea creatures he wants to "pet", so I know he's excited, too.

We should pull into town in the late afternoon and with any luck our room will be ready and we can freshen up. I’m planning to pack a small “jump bag” for this quick one-nighter so we don’t have to hump all of our bags inside. It may be ridiculously optimistic of me, but I’d love to hop over to the park since it is open until ten o’clock! We’ll have to play that one by ear. I know that Ed will want to relax by the pool (or in front of the TV) after all that driving.

It does look refreshing, doesn't it? Perhaps I shouldn’t push it since I'm already getting the "we never get to relax on our vacations" comments. You've got to pick your battles, right?!

I swear, we are polar opposites when it comes to vacation styles! I like to go-go-go and he likes to veg-veg-veg!!

Nevertheless... if we do get over to SeaWorld that night I know that we are definitely interested in several of these exhibits:

Stingray Lagoon

Dolphin Cove

Dolphin Nursery

Shark Encounter

That's probably about all we can fit in without staying up too late. We'll want to hit the park bright and early for 9am opening. It will be Saturday and that = Weekend Crowds!!

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 04-28-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #20
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post

Do you know your Sea World park dates yet? The football thing for my husband is from Thurs June 27 -Sun 30 at ESPN wide world of sports. I'm waiting to get his schedule before booking hotel and planning anything, but hoping to go to Sea World that Friday or Saturday. And just so you know those days there will be a bunch of high school football players on property, not sure if there is a host hotel.

Jess, we'll be at SeaWorld on Saturday for sure, hopefully we'll squeeze a little into Friday night as well. I'd love to meet up with you!

I'm not surprised about the football crowds -- frankly, I'm prepared for the fact that it's going to be a much more crowded trip since it will be (1) Summer, and (2) the week of the 4th of July holiday.

"Slow and Easy" will be my mantra!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indimom View Post
Hello! May I join???
You've got some great plans so far.

As far as that summer heat and humidity goes... you had no choice...
this is an addiction we're talking about...
Ain't it the truth?!

Quote:
We're going to Disney at the end of July....

And tent camping.
Yep, tent camping.

With two box fans.

I'll start praying now....

Quote:
But, we'll be pulling an all nighter to get there.
DH is the primary driver, and he's done it before.
I work nights so I can certainly spell him...if he'll relax long enough to let me. (can anyone say, control freak?)
Ed always takes the lion's share of the driving, too. But he actually likes it! He's worked nights for many years and likes to get on the road somewhere around 2-3 am. It kind of messes me up because I cannot get to sleep in the car...

You pray for me and I'll pray for you, okay? lol

Kathy
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #21
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Ed always takes the lion's share of the driving, too. But he actually likes it! He's worked nights for many years and likes to get on the road somewhere around 2-3 am. It kind of messes me up because I cannot get to sleep in the car...

You pray for me and I'll pray for you, okay? lol

Kathy
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #22
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We are doing a day at Sea World in June this year, but a little earlier than you. Brooklynn is beyond excited! It will feel strange to be in an unfamiliar park again.

Wow on your drive! That's a long one!

I will look forward to your stories and pictures. Hope you don't burn up in the summer's heat. We go every summer, so we have just gotten used to making rope drops, afternoon swims and naps, and back out in the evening when it cools down some.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #23
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Road Trip!

How exciting! I love road trips! We always drive, my husband doesn't like to fly, and now that there are 5 of us we would have to rent a car when we visit my parents so that adds up to a lot of $$$. So we drive 14 hours to Illinois, the drive to Disney is a piece of cake compared to that drive.

DH and I drove from Georgia to Illinios and then all the way to California and back to Georgia in 1992.

Looking forward to your plans and your trip. Sounds like a lot of fun so far.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Dreamer & Wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We are doing a day at Sea World in June this year, but a little earlier than you. Brooklynn is beyond excited! It will feel strange to be in an unfamiliar park again.

Wow on your drive! That's a long one!

I will look forward to your stories and pictures. Hope you don't burn up in the summer's heat. We go every summer, so we have just gotten used to making rope drops, afternoon swims and naps, and back out in the evening when it cools down some.
Hi MeMom!

We're definitely going to leave the parks and spend the afternoons by the pool or in air-conditioned loveliness! The unfamiliar is both exciting and unnerving for me -- I'm visiting the SeaWorld website just about every day now and will probably start frequenting the SeaWorld board here on the DIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
How exciting! I love road trips! We always drive, my husband doesn't like to fly, and now that there are 5 of us we would have to rent a car when we visit my parents so that adds up to a lot of $$$. So we drive 14 hours to Illinois, the drive to Disney is a piece of cake compared to that drive...
I'll say!

I'm hoping that listening to the audio books will help pass the time.

It's been so long Nancy -- how are you? How are the kids?

Kathy
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

How fun! We will be driving as well (from VA Beach, so our trip is a little shorter LOL). I don't mind the drive down (we will be driving straight through, other than the obligatory gas, food and restroom breaks), but the drive back is no fun

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #26
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Sea World sounds Fantastic!

Jeff and I have the same vacation issues...he's more of a "relax and kick back" guy while I want to fill the days with activity. Compromise, Compromise, Compromise!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
How fun! We will be driving as well (from VA Beach, so our trip is a little shorter LOL). I don't mind the drive down (we will be driving straight through, other than the obligatory gas, food and restroom breaks), but the drive back is no fun
Helen, you are so right on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sea World sounds Fantastic!

Jeff and I have the same vacation issues...he's more of a "relax and kick back" guy while I want to fill the days with activity. Compromise, Compromise, Compromise!

Well, Missy, at least they both like Disney! I don't think I could stay married to a Disney-hater!

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 04-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #28
KathyRN137

Antarctica in June...How Refreshing!

This will be a must-do for us! I've been following along with "the freeze" and it looks amazing! Won't this be a lovely way to cool off on a hot summer day?

SeaWorld Orlando's Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin – Opening May 24!

Come explore the biggest and most expansive attraction in SeaWorld Orlando's history, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™. This epic exploration of a mysterious world blends animal encounters with an exhilarating family ride for a one-of-a-kind experience the whole family will enjoy. Be transported to an icy world like you've never seen before. Experience the majestic grandeur of the South Pole and see it through the penguins’ eyes on an exhilarating, first-of-its-kind family ride. Then, step out and explore their colony in an expanse that envelops you in cool extremes: bringing you above and below their icy world. Are you ready?

Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 04-30-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

The new Antarctica area looks AMAZING! The boys seem most excited for this, they LOVE penguins. they've been seeing commercials on t.v. and pictures online. I love your Sea World plans so far. That hotel pool looks like so much fun.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

In July, that looks like the perfect place to be!

On Mother's Day, I wish it didn't feel like that outside my front door!

Happy Mother's Day Kathy!
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: